• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,877 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 01:26 PM

AlfFS2004, on Dec 18 2006, 06:43 AM, said:

ZaurisLJ25, on Dec 18 2006, 07:35 AM, said:

Chaos81, on Dec 18 2006, 12:42 AM, said:

ZaurisLJ25, on Dec 17 2006, 08:35 PM, said:

AGP is not good at all with today's gaming.........
It isn't? Care to explain why you think that.

ok, AGP is not as obsolete as PCI, but is getting there...... in how long???... i don't know but id say its probably half way...

you can still use AGP but if you want to enjoy your games the way they are soppuse to be, then get a faster slot such a PCI-e slot.....

the thing is that he could just save a little' more money and wait a little longer so he could probably make a good investement that would last longer...... but if you don't want to change your mobo or your system, then i recommend the videocard the americanairfan posted :lol:
You ought to be the biggest uneducated individual around here. Do you even know that the AGP 8X bandwidth has not been reached yet? PCi-E has a greater bandwidth, but its not even used? I run an AGP set up and its probably faster than what ever PCI-E you have. I still enjoy all the games with my AGP. HL2 E1 run at high ressolutions and full settings just fine on my machine. I am going to get the X1950Pro just bacause its 250 USD for the Sapphire 512MB one. Thats much less than going to a new socket (I am on 478/479 with DDR), new DDR2 (Have you seen the prices lately), new mobo, new CPU, new GPU, etc. That is going to cost me around 600-1000 USD. If you don't know your stuff, simply don't post.

Alex
Great post, Alex! :lol:

Posted Image

#22 Chaos81

Chaos81

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 03:29 PM

AlfFS2004, on Dec 18 2006, 08:43 AM, said:

ok, AGP is not as obsolete as PCI, but is getting there...... in how long???... i don't know but id say its probably half way...

you can still use AGP but if you want to enjoy your games the way they are soppuse to be, then get a faster slot such a PCI-e slot.....

the thing is that he could just save a little' more money and wait a little longer so he could probably make a good investement that would last longer...... but if you don't want to change your mobo or your system, then i recommend the videocard the americanairfan posted :lol:
You ought to be the biggest uneducated individual around here. Do you even know that the AGP 8X bandwidth has not been reached yet? PCi-E has a greater bandwidth, but its not even used? I run an AGP set up and its probably faster than what ever PCI-E you have. I still enjoy all the games with my AGP. HL2 E1 run at high ressolutions and full settings just fine on my machine. I am going to get the X1950Pro just bacause its 250 USD for the Sapphire 512MB one. Thats much less than going to a new socket (I am on 478/479 with DDR), new DDR2 (Have you seen the prices lately), new mobo, new CPU, new GPU, etc. That is going to cost me around 600-1000 USD. If you don't know your stuff, simply don't post.

Alex
Thank you Alex, couldn't have said it better myself. :lol:

#23 AlfaSIM-OCX

AlfaSIM-OCX

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 05:05 PM

AmericanAirFan, on Dec 18 2006, 11:50 AM, said:

funny you recomended the same card I recomended on the first page great minds think alike  :lol:  :lol:
Did you really just QUOTED all of that in your post to say something related to 1/5 of Mul's post?

Alex

#24 Tamiami Pilot

Tamiami Pilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,538 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 05:51 PM

Dude a 300 dollar budget can get you a nice motherboard and 7000 series PCIE.

#25 Mul.

Mul.

Contributor\First Class Member\Hardware Guru

• 15,362 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 05:56 PM

Tamiami Pilot, on Dec 18 2006, 10:51 PM, said:

Dude a 300 dollar budget can get you a nice motherboard and 7000 series PCIE.
Not a new CPU and PSU as well...

Mul

#26 ZaurisLJ25

ZaurisLJ25

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:03 PM

AlfFS2004, on Dec 18 2006, 09:43 AM, said:

Alex
well, duh! just look at the card you have........

don't tell me that would run better than a nvidia 7950GT PCI-e??????

#27 Mul.

Mul.

Contributor\First Class Member\Hardware Guru

• 15,362 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:13 PM

It would be about equal, and with a bit of overclocking on the Graphics card, faster. The X1950 Pro performs somewhere between the GeForce 7900GS and 7950GT depending on the game being used. They run cool and have reasonable overclocking potential making them a worthwhile purchase on AGP.

AlfFS2004 has a very fast AGP system, most likely quicker than most people's PCI-e based systems. His Pentium M clocked at 2.8Ghz gives most CPU's a good spanking. If he were to sell his components in current market conditions, he wouldn't get an awful lot (except for his X850 as those are hard to get), and with the performance it delivers it makes absolutely ZERO sense for him to do anything more than a simple GPU upgrade.

Mul

Edited by mul, 18 December 2006 - 06:18 PM.

#28 TaterSalad

TaterSalad

formerly casonf/ApexSim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:20 PM

ZaurisLJ25, on Dec 17 2006, 10:04 PM, said:

kewlceo, on Dec 17 2006, 09:41 PM, said:

SPAM = Tamiami Pilot and ZaurisLJ25's posts. If you cannot post constructive advice, then STAY OUT of the tech forum.

i knew this clown was going come here and say something "smart"....... :lol:

and then hes talking about being helpful..... u were never helpful to me..... :P

donovan,  if you really want to make a good investment, follow my advice...... trust me, I learned it the hard way and it was a waste of money :lol:
I think you need to shut the ###### up and stay out of this forum, noob. I think you also need to leave the tech support to those who actually know what the ###### they are doing.

Im not gonna bother reading this entire thread, but I think the bottom line here is to keep your mouth shut if you don't know what you are doing. If you have problems with some people in here, thats what the PM system is for. My advice? You better take heed and consider what Mul and Rick have to say, as they are the most technically inclined people in here, in fact, they are the ones you are asking your questions to.

#29 ZaurisLJ25

ZaurisLJ25

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:27 PM

i did try the PM thing but SOMEONE put his account as "he couldn't receive PM's" or whatever he said.....

and if you want to shut ma mouth come and say it to ma face.......... u aint noone to come tell me crap

same goes to you kewlceo, people don't get respect by how many post of :lol: they have.... maybe here but not in real life :lol:

Edited by ZaurisLJ25, 18 December 2006 - 06:32 PM.

#30 TaterSalad

TaterSalad

formerly casonf/ApexSim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:31 PM

ZaurisLJ25, on Dec 18 2006, 06:27 PM, said:

i did try the PM thing but SOMEONE put his account as "he could receive PM's" or whatever he said.....

and if you want to shut ma mouth come and say it to ma face.......... u aint noone to come tell me crap
Maybe you could stop talking like a high on crack street punk and look at the advice thats right in front of your face. If you have a problem with someone, report them. If that doesnt work, then maybe that will be an indicator that it is YOU who needs to shut their mouth and sit back and learn something. I don't think you would WANT me to say it to your face.

#31 ZaurisLJ25

ZaurisLJ25

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:34 PM

TaterSalad, on Dec 18 2006, 06:31 PM, said:

I don't think you would WANT me to say it to your face.
its not like you have the :lol: to do it anyways...... :lol:

#32 TaterSalad

TaterSalad

formerly casonf/ApexSim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:35 PM

ZaurisLJ25, on Dec 18 2006, 06:27 PM, said:

i did try the PM thing but SOMEONE put his account as "he couldn't receive PM's" or whatever he said.....

same goes to you kewlceo, people don't get respect by how many post of :lol: they have.... maybe here but not in real life :lol:
Just saw your edit.

You don't have the least bit of respect right now from ANYONE. Your looking like a ###### noob who needs a boot up his ######. I think in time your gonna get just that, even though your definitely on my list now. You don't go and shame out others with me.

#33 TaterSalad

TaterSalad

formerly casonf/ApexSim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:35 PM

ZaurisLJ25, on Dec 18 2006, 06:34 PM, said:

TaterSalad, on Dec 18 2006, 06:31 PM, said:

I don't think you would WANT me to say it to your face.
its not like you have the :lol: to do it anyways...... :lol:
No, actually, I have better things to do than beat up on noob 12 year olds behind a computer screen.

"Mommy, this big guy from Georgia says hes going to fly up and kick my ######. What am i going to do now?"

Mom: "Now son, I told you not to act all big. You know I cant help that the doctors missed when they went to circumcise you. You just need to act like you don't have balls and be humble."

Edited by TaterSalad, 18 December 2006 - 06:37 PM.

#34 ZaurisLJ25

ZaurisLJ25

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:36 PM

TaterSalad, on Dec 18 2006, 06:35 PM, said:

....even though your definitely on my list now.
list for what????? are you a hitman now??????

#35 ZaurisLJ25

ZaurisLJ25

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,932 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:38 PM

No, actually, I have better things to do than beat up on noob 12 year olds behind a computer screen.
haha!!!!!.... look whos talking :lol:
and your are dumb guy who argues with him xD even though your 40 or watever your age is
in fact, im out

Edited by ZaurisLJ25, 18 December 2006 - 06:39 PM.

#36 TaterSalad

TaterSalad

formerly casonf/ApexSim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:38 PM

ZaurisLJ25, on Dec 18 2006, 06:36 PM, said:

....even though your definitely on my list now.
list for what????? are you a hitman now??????
Itll be the closest thing to a hitman one can experience on a forum. You have been warned. Wanna take some more shots at the ones who actually know what they are talking about? I think you better remember a few words before doing so. Those are Brad, Jon, Mango, Sarge, Tater.

#37 TaterSalad

TaterSalad

formerly casonf/ApexSim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:40 PM

ZaurisLJ25, on Dec 18 2006, 06:38 PM, said:

haha!!!!!.... look whos talking :lol:
and your are dumb guy who argues with him xD even though your 40 or watever your age is
in fact, im out
No, Im 18, but I can open up that can of 40 year old whoopass if need be. Now, wanna go off and act like a normal member? I thought so. Good man.

I suggest that everyone listens to Mul and Ricks advice on this one. The 7600GTS is a great card from what ive heard. Should perform marvelously in FS9  :lol:

#38 diluted

diluted

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:08 PM

Oh wow, we have some internet tough guys in here...  :lol:

And Tater, flaming and being antagonistic isn't helping the situation. Seriously, it's just the internet.. who cares.

Edited by diluted, 18 December 2006 - 07:11 PM.

#39 PiP

PiP

Cruising at FL140

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:22 PM

It's the X1950Pro, but we'd need a look at the rest of your specs.

#40 TaterSalad

TaterSalad

formerly casonf/ApexSim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:32 PM

diluted, on Dec 18 2006, 07:08 PM, said:

Oh wow, we have some internet tough guys in here...  :lol:

And Tater, flaming and being antagonistic isn't helping the situation. Seriously, it's just the internet.. who cares.
Well, I cant help that your blind either. Im only trying to help the situation here so that the original poster can get the help he needs and totally deserves.