#41 GuttahMastah

GuttahMastah

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:35 PM

Tamiami Pilot, on Dec 18 2006, 05:51 PM, said:

Dude a 300 dollar budget can get you a nice motherboard and 7000 series PCIE.
But heres a hint why I still want an AGP card:

Ever happen to know that my pc is a Dell Optiplex GX270 and not a custom pc?  :lol:

#42 GuttahMastah

GuttahMastah

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:37 PM

PiP, on Dec 18 2006, 07:22 PM, said:

It's the X1950Pro, but we'd need a look at the rest of your specs.
Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz
Intel  96MB Graphics :lol:
1 gig of ram :lol:
450w PSU  :P
4 free PCI bus and 1 AGPx8 bus (its a green slot, a brown AGP indicates its a AGPx2)

#43 TaterSalad

TaterSalad

formerly casonf/ApexSim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:40 PM

Donovan., on Dec 18 2006, 07:37 PM, said:

Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz
1 gig of ram :lol:
450w PSU  :P
4 free PCI bus and 1 AGPx8 bus (its a green slot, a brown AGP indicates its a AGPx2)
7600GTS AGP. I may be thinking of the GS. Either way, I think that would be the best bet. Either that, or save up for a mobo, graphics card, and processor combo upgrade.

#44 GuttahMastah

GuttahMastah

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:42 PM

TaterSalad, on Dec 18 2006, 07:40 PM, said:

Donovan., on Dec 18 2006, 07:37 PM, said:

Intel Pentium 4 2.8GHz
1 gig of ram :o
450w PSU  :o
7600GTS AGP. I may be thinking of the GS. Either way, I think that would be the best bet. Either that, or save up for a mobo, graphics card, and processor combo upgrade.
I told you three posts ago, I can only upgrade my ram :D  :P

But thanks for your suggestions  :lol: but I may go with the X1950 with Crossfire capability  :lol:

#45 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:47 PM

I've heard good about the gts too. I think Rick recommended me one a month or so ago.

ZaurisLJ25 you are the most disrespectful member on this board. I can't even start to list all the bad points.

No one on this forum gets respect from their posts. They get respect from the information they give. They also know how to spell correctly and not act so childish like the way you are handling things.

You like to push peoples ideas and put your's on the spot. ###### you were convinced FSX uses 2 cores, and yet you wouldn't budge when people showed you the truth me included. Like I say all the time, you can't jusge stubborn people for what they Cason.

g'day

#46 GuttahMastah

GuttahMastah

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:52 PM

SwitchFX, on Dec 18 2006, 07:47 PM, said:

I've heard good about the gts too. I think Rick recommended me one a month or so ago.

ZaurisLJ25 you are the most disrespectful member on this board. I can't even start to list all the bad points.

No one on this forum gets respect from their posts. They get respect from the information they give. They also know how to spell correctly and not act so childish like the way you are handling things.

You like to push peoples ideas and put your's on the spot. ###### you were convinced FSX uses 2 cores, and yet you wouldn't budge when people showed you the truth me included. Like I say all the time, you can't jusge stubborn people for what they Cason.

g'day
Alright now I just don't know what to choose  :lol:

My friend Brandon prefers ATI, and I wanna try ATI too

But then there's the 7600GTS  :lol:

#47 Dennis.

Dennis.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:57 PM

Go for Nvidia. Ive had absolutly no problems with them ever and all my graphic cards I have used were Nvidia.

Go for the 7600 series -  I have the 7600GS and its wonderful.

--

ZaurisLJ25, Stop giving ###### advise. If you don't know anything, don't SAY ANYTHING. Cason is absolutly right about your ranting of spam.

Cason > Zauris - he has WAY more respect then you will EVER have

Edited by Dennis., 18 December 2006 - 08:01 PM.

#48 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:58 PM

I had a radeon 2 years ago, colors weren't as vivid when I changed to Nvidia.  It's really your preference mate. You have to decide, but I would go with Nvidia.

#49 GuttahMastah

GuttahMastah

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:00 PM

I just looked on compusa.com and I saw a PNY Nvidia gefore 7600GS 512MB AGP :lol:

I might get that  :lol:

Edited by Donovan., 18 December 2006 - 08:00 PM.

#50 AlfaSIM-OCX

AlfaSIM-OCX

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,801 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:02 PM

Up to the introduction of the 8800GTX/GTS, ATi IQ was far better than Nvidia. Once the new ATi chip comes, they may reclaim that throne again. Get what you can afford and performs well under that price range.

Alex

#51 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:04 PM

Before you get it read reviews on it. From everywhere.

I bought my evga 7600 gs after reading a good amount, this weekend I will be OC'ing it as far as it can go. I can't go too much since it's a passive cooler(no fan)

Though you might want to look into getting the GT version.

#52 Dennis.

Dennis.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:05 PM

Donovan., on Dec 19 2006, 11:00 AM, said:

I just looked on compusa.com and I saw a PNY Nvidia gefore 7600GS 512MB AGP :lol:

I might get that  :P
  :lol:  Go for it! The GT version is better - but like me I was on a budget when I bought the 7600gs. Its a wonderful card.

#53 GuttahMastah

GuttahMastah

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:16 PM

SwitchFX, on Dec 18 2006, 08:04 PM, said:

I bought my evga 7600 gs after reading a good amount, this weekend I will be OC'ing it as far as it can go. I can't go too much since it's a passive cooler(no fan)

I wouldn't do that if I were you.

One of these fs2004 members overclocked their video card too much and it got completely destroyed. Iwould suggest getting a water cooler to make it much more safer.  :lol:

#54 TaterSalad

TaterSalad

formerly casonf/ApexSim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:19 PM

Donovan., on Dec 18 2006, 08:16 PM, said:

One of these fs2004 members overclocked their video card too much and it got completely destroyed. Iwould suggest getting a water cooler to make it much more safer.  :lol:
Wow, suggesting watercooling for a 7600 series card.... Thats so stupid I forgot to laugh.

Get a better brand name cooler and you will be fine. You don't need water to overclock that card, thats just preposterous... Stupid in fact. Here we go, you could have said, "I would try aome form of advanced cooling then, as you will need it." don't go around telling people that they need water cooling, an atleast 260 dollar investment.

#55 GuttahMastah

GuttahMastah

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:21 PM

TaterSalad, on Dec 18 2006, 08:19 PM, said:

Wow, suggesting watercooling for a 7600 series card.... Thats so stupid I forgot to laugh.

Get a better brand name cooler and you will be fine. You don't need water to overclock that card, thats just preposterous... Stupid in fact. Here we go, you could have said, "I would try aome form of advanced cooling then, as you will need it." don't go around telling people that they need water cooling, an atleast 260 dollar investment.
You can also be a little more nicer about it so you don't get people ranting.  :lol:

And you tell me, what will make it much more safer (since my idea was so stupid)

Edited by Donovan., 18 December 2006 - 08:22 PM.

#56 TaterSalad

TaterSalad

formerly casonf/ApexSim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:23 PM

Donovan., on Dec 18 2006, 08:21 PM, said:

You can also be a little more nicer about it so you don't get people ranting.  :lol:
Well don't rant, then we won't be ranting :o It all boils down to the advice thing I mentioned earlier... If you don't know, just keep your mouth shut :P Its simplistic man... Anyways, carry on.

#57 TaterSalad

TaterSalad

formerly casonf/ApexSim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:23 PM

Donovan., on Dec 18 2006, 08:21 PM, said:

And you tell me, what will make it much more safer (since my idea was so stupid)
An aftermarket VGA cooler. I will find on in a second.

EDIT: This one looks OK. But I won't make that judgement. Ill let Rick or Mul comment on this one.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835109134

Edited by TaterSalad, 18 December 2006 - 08:26 PM.

#58 GuttahMastah

GuttahMastah

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:26 PM

Okay then.

#59 TaterSalad

TaterSalad

formerly casonf/ApexSim

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,006 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:26 PM

Donovan., on Dec 18 2006, 08:26 PM, said:

Okay then.
Check my editted post.

#60 GuttahMastah

GuttahMastah

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:30 PM

TaterSalad, on Dec 18 2006, 08:26 PM, said:

Donovan., on Dec 18 2006, 08:26 PM, said:

Okay then.
Check my editted post.
Well thanks for proving me wrong in such an angrely manner.

I'm going to have to learn more about this stuff :lol: