- - - - -

March 2004 Screenshot Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

Poll: And your favorite shot is? (97 member(s) have cast votes)

And your favorite shot is?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#41 RadRig211

RadRig211

Orville Reincarnate

• Members/Edit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,823 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 07:54 PM

number 6 looks like it had a small outing in Adobe PP. Looks like colors have been edited, like auto-color or something, but I could be wrong. But i know not many systems can run FS like that

#42 Hornet

Hornet

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 10:18 PM

We'll have to wait and see who the screenshot belongs to.

#43 Guest_trazcer_*

Guest_trazcer_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2004 - 10:33 PM

All I'm saying is that there's more to a screenshot than just a nice plane or good graphics. A good screenshot to me has nice lighting, a good angle, and it's interesting, not just some old hum-drum shot of a PMDG. Don't get me wrong, the #1 shot on the list is a very nice shot, but I just find that it's the norm for people to pick the first good thing they see rather than wait around for a day or to and look at the pics.

This is just a suggestion, but from now on, I think that there should be a delay between the time the pics are up to the time people can vote on them. That way they can study the pics and have ample time to consider which shot is the best rather than which shot has the nicest plane in it.

That's my opinion and NO, the #1 shot on the list isn't mine. If it was mine, I wouldn't have put pink clouds in it :P :o

groudon39

#44 Hornet

Hornet

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 03 March 2004 - 10:37 PM

I agree. 30 Screenshots is a lot and some people will not wait for them all to load.

#45 planespotterqueen

planespotterqueen

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 01:59 PM

:o Number 27 gets my vote
I love the way they fly in formation
  :P

Edited by planespotterqueen, 04 March 2004 - 02:03 PM.

#46 Derek

Derek

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 04:49 PM

Man the 1st screenshot has amazing quality...the best quality i've ever seen in a screenshot...the ss taker must have a quite advanced video card or else may have edited....who knows..i wish my quality was that good

#47 RadRig211

RadRig211

Orville Reincarnate

• Members/Edit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,823 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 07:13 PM

groudon39, on Mar 3 2004, 10:33 PM, said:

All I'm saying is that there's more to a screenshot than just a nice plane or good graphics. A good screenshot to me has nice lighting, a good angle, and it's interesting, not just some old hum-drum shot of a PMDG. Don't get me wrong, the #1 shot on the list is a very nice shot, but I just find that it's the norm for people to pick the first good thing they see rather than wait around for a day or to and look at the pics.

This is just a suggestion, but from now on, I think that there should be a delay between the time the pics are up to the time people can vote on them. That way they can study the pics and have ample time to consider which shot is the best rather than which shot has the nicest plane in it.

That's my opinion and NO, the #1 shot on the list isn't mine. If it was mine, I wouldn't have put pink clouds in it :P :o

groudon39
I totally agree Groudon, that's what I believe in because if it was good graphics and plane, then I have no chance to win. I go for what is unique about each pic. Like the angle, the environment and how the surroundings mix with the plane. With a HORRIBLE gfx card, and a loooong time to improvement, I think everyone should choose the best shot from that, showing the skill of the shot taker, instead of how powerful the machine is

#48 funtown34

funtown34

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 07:33 PM

I've got a question,

Does everyone wait for all the pics to load before they vote.

I mean come on, the first shot is nice, but what about the others,

12 votes for the first one, and then 1,2,4, 6 votes for the rest :o

If you haven't voted, I emplorer you to look at all the shots before you vote. There's more to having a great shot than just having the PMDG plane B)

I wish people would realize that B)

groudon39

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what the heck
I looked at EVERY single picture MULTIPLE times
I can assure you NOBODY here doesn't look at EVERY picture at least once

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, don't get mad

Good grief, it was just a question :P

Just seems to me that the first pics always get a lot of votes at the beginning of a contest and then after it's been up for a few days, then the others get more votes. ;)

Sorry for posting my opinion on this public forum RUUDPEL

groudon39

===================================================
===================================================

First off, yes, I think everyone does look at all the shots. Your logic is somewhat senseless. I mean, how many times has shot #1 won the SS contest?
Second, I believe you were the one getting "mad" groudon. You act like you didn't use that angry face in your first post...
Finally, I know #6's taker has an awesome PC, so I'm not really sure if it is edited.

#49 Pu239

Pu239

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:34 PM

Finally, I know #6's taker has an awesome PC, so I'm not really sure if it is edited.

How do you know who #6 is? Are you hinting its you or do you know who it is?
Just curious...but if #6 is letting his friends know which shot was his, then that defeats the pupose of not using names, since we're trying to take favortism out of the constest....

As for Erik's post. I partially agree with him...I almost found my self picking 1 or 6 because I was waiting forever for the pictures to download...fortunatly I waited and got to see 27.
I understand his concern and I understand the problem of people not waiting and just picking the first one....
Maybe we should include a zip file that people can just download with all the shots in it? Maybe that might help....

#50 WarrenGmon

WarrenGmon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:41 PM

That is a awesome idea, i would definately prefer to have a zip file to download, and having the pics posted. Especially because i'm on Dial-up.

#51 funtown34

funtown34

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:46 PM

Pu239, on Mar 4 2004, 07:34 PM, said:

I'm 82% sure it's who I think it is. He hasn't told me it's his shot or anything, but I know how his shots tend to look, and I've got a very strong hunch that it belongs to a certain person I have in mind.

#52 FiveZeroBravo

FiveZeroBravo

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 08:53 PM

I took #1 and #6 into PSP and they both did have some pink hues and soft midtones added to them... looks like a bit of magenta to give it a more life like look... and... Number #28 has a glare plugin to it... (Its my favorite plugin.. I know what it does :o )

Sorry to be the party pooper  :P

Edited by FiveZeroBravo, 04 March 2004 - 08:54 PM.

#53 Hornet

Hornet

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 10:17 PM

funtown34, on Mar 4 2004, 05:46 PM, said:

Pu239, on Mar 4 2004, 07:34 PM, said:

I'm 82% sure it's who I think it is. He hasn't told me it's his shot or anything, but I know how his shots tend to look, and I've got a very strong hunch that it belongs to a certain person I have in mind.
I think I may know also but I'm am not exactly sure.

#54 l33t_fly3r

l33t_fly3r

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,724 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 10:20 PM

FiveZeroBravo, on Mar 4 2004, 08:53 PM, said:

I took #1 and #6 into PSP and they both did have some pink hues and soft midtones added to them... looks like a bit of magenta to give it a more life like look... and... Number #28 has a glare plugin to it... (Its my favorite plugin.. I know what it does :o )

Sorry to be the party pooper  :P
99% disagree with that. I say you have to have been around awhile before you can just come around a say somebody's cheating out the blue. There is alot ppl here with very good high-quality shots, so you a perspective on who took the shot. Also, why lately people are acusing that people are cheating?

#55 funtown34

funtown34

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 04 March 2004 - 11:00 PM

UAC-Sh0n, on Mar 4 2004, 09:20 PM, said:

FiveZeroBravo, on Mar 4 2004, 08:53 PM, said:

Number #28 has a glare plugin to it... (Its my favorite plugin.. I know what it does :P )
I say you have to have been around awhile before you can just come around a say somebody's cheating out the blue.
Yea obviously so if he thinks #28 is edited... :o

#56 Matrix

Matrix

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 06:56 AM

I pic #4 for obvious reasons-I love Qantas! But I reckon that person has an awsome PC! As for the aircraft...I detect it as a...hmm...IFDG Qantas 767-300!

QantasPilot

Edited by QantasPilot, 05 March 2004 - 06:57 AM.

#57 WarrenGmon

WarrenGmon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,346 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 07:07 AM

These shots that your complaining about, am i mistaken to say that they all have a good chance of winning. If they werent up there at the top of the stakes would you be sayin they were edited or not?

#58 FiveZeroBravo

FiveZeroBravo

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,059 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:21 AM

>99% disagree with that. I say you have to have been around awhile before you can just come around a say somebody's cheating out the blue. There is alot ppl here with very good high-quality shots, so you a perspective on who took the shot. Also, why lately people are acusing that people are cheating?

You know what I say?

Shut your mouth. I could care less about seniority around here. I know what is edited and what is not. For all know you could have had your first flight sim with FS2002 or 2004. Unless you have come from the first version of flight simulator shut your trap and don't tell me what is and is not cheating.

This is why I left. YOU ALL NEED TO GROW UP, AND LEARN TO RESPECT ONE ANOTHER.

Goodbye.

P.S. - I have actually been around longer. Did you learn in your poor ###### school system that August comes before December?

So don't be talking.

Edited by FiveZeroBravo, 05 March 2004 - 11:22 AM.

#59 [V1]-[VR]-[V2]

[V1]-[VR]-[V2]

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 11:24 AM

good shots this year but no really difficult to choose. #6 for me very sharp clear just the shot for march 2004

#60 Guest_trazcer_*

Guest_trazcer_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2004 - 12:53 PM

I think that it's hillarious that now after I've said something about people not waiting for the pics to load to vote that the pics further down the list are getting some more votes, even if it's not my pic. I would rather have everyone look at the pics and pick the best shot instead of the shot with the best plane in it.

To PU239- Thanks Bryan for validating my point, you said that you almost wanted to go ahead and pick 1 or 6 instead of waiting for all the pics to load cause it took so long. I knew people felt that way and I'm sure that some people even voted that way. I'm glad that you didn't however because there are some really nice shots towards the end of the list.

Please screenshot guru's I.E. Byron, Jon, Brad Let's drop the number of entries down to like 18 or so. 30 is way to much. Granted it gives more people a chance to enter the contest but look at the downside. Since we've raised the number of entries, we've had nothing but people badmouthing the pics. Saying that they are edited and altered in some way. That's not what the contest is about it's about being fair, honest and non-biased in the entries and the way the pics are presented. That's my view anyways.

I'm not badmouthing the pics, I'm just not happy with the way that the screenshot contest has changed in my eyes for the worse. I know people and I've taken Advanced Psychology for three years, so I can tell you that when people see something that they think is good they go ahead and take it/pick it before they see the rest of their choices. It's human nature to do that, it's called a Propreitary Response, an action based on the inability to determine the best root cause of their choice.

To Funtown: I'm not mad, never was, if you really must know I selected the wrong smiley and didn't notice it until just recently, I meant to pick the B) smiley and it's right beside the mad one. My apologies if I confused you by making a mistake :o :P

There's my thoughts on how this is turning out. I hope that other people feel the same way about it as I do. groudon39