Captainmk

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:30 AM

View PostSK-1323, on Sep 22 2007, 12:43 AM, said:

View PostEvolt, on Sep 21 2007, 06:39 PM, said:

Oh yay, another airbus versus boeing topic.
jesus.

What's wrong in discussing airbus and boeing? If you don't want to participate you don't have to post you know.. it's better to ignore the topic then :lol:

But i agree that this is the wrong forum for the little debate we're having here.

Theres everything wrong with it. This has been discussed around a million times before. Boeing is not superior to Airbus and Airbus is not superior to Boeing.

You can think that Airbus airliners have been modeled by cavemen all you want, but that's just your opinion.

And this stupid thread should be locked, it's a repeat of all the other previous A vs B topics, if you want to discuss about this you may aswell browse through the other threads since everything so far has been discussed before!

#62 jetblast787

jetblast787

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:30 AM

View Postdolbinau, on Sep 22 2007, 12:02 AM, said:

I love boey cause of the more hands on approach to flying, while airbus about the computer stuff you said above!

So please in detail explain why you can't fly an Airbus aircraft 'hands on' compared to say a 777? :lol:.
because airbus is 90% computerised, I love computers and using them, but I will never put my life in the hands of a computer (if it has hands) while at FL370. Boey has Got computers, but only the FMC and that FMC makes the boey aircraft really easy and fun to fly as its a hands on approach and its old mixed into the new, not too computerised and not too manual

#63 nightfox

nightfox

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:32 AM

These types of threads should be banned, as it will always end in some sort of flame war.
Cheers
Dan C

#64 Salem

Salem

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 04:33 AM

@MK, I agree.
@Iranair747, remember one thing, systems are redundant. End of discussion.

#65 SK-1323

SK-1323

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:25 AM

@ Salem: You may believe whatever you want i have said my opinions, you obivously disagree.. i personally find the look of all airbus models a disgrace to aviation. And as i have said i'd never put my foot in it.. You can say that it's sick and i'm brainwshed. By all means believe whatever you want.. it seems to me you can't accept my opinions about this just because you find airbus aircraft sexy.

@MK so expressing your opinion on airbus/boeing is wrong just because someone else have debated this in the past?

You are aware that you can ignore this thread if you don't find it to your liking. You did see the thread and still you wanted to read it. And about airbus models are modeled by cavemen is my opinion as i have stated in my previous statements.. if you indeed took the time to read them that is.

And if i had dug up an ancient airbus vs Boeing thread i'd be flamed for bringing up old topics again. Something that again would be "Everything wrong with"

Just because i',m stating my opinion about airbus it should be locked? You don't need to watch this thread if you are so sick of debating this.. People should be able to debate on different subjects regardless of how many times it has been discussed.

@Nightfox: i can't find any traces of flaming here. This debate/discussion have not had any personal attacks of any kind. and i think the tone here is rather good, well except some airbus fans who apparently can't accept my very own opinion that is.

Edited by SK-1323, 22 September 2007 - 05:34 AM.

#66 dolbinau

dolbinau

Download Manager

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,148 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:35 AM

i personally find the look of all airbus models a disgrace to aviation

I would bet any random off the street wouldn't know/care the differences between them. Boeing/Airbus aircraft do look very similar IMO, they are rather generic. (Besides a few exceptions, the 747 perhaps)

Compared to say Concorde or this 'beauty':

Posted Image

I reckon both are pretty boring. I just can't see how you can see such a big difference between Boeing/Airbus designs you'd say that Airbus models are a 'disgrace' to aviation, you really sound a bit over the top :lol: :lol:.

Edited by dolbinau, 22 September 2007 - 05:36 AM.

#67 SK-1323

SK-1323

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:37 AM

Dolbinau: well, maybe it sounds a bit extreme, but it's again my very own opinion. I simply don't like airbus models. I know the disgrace statement may be a bit over the top, but well, that's how i feel about airbus :lol:

#68 bigflyersmallbyer

bigflyersmallbyer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:45 AM

View PostSalem., on Sep 21 2007, 06:56 AM, said:

For long haul flights: Boeing.
For short haul flights: Airbus.
Occasionally though, I fly the A345/6 on long haul flights too :lol:

+1 My favorite part of the A320 is the fact that the FMC confugures the MCP SPD autmatically when you change flaps :lol:

#69 Captainmk

Captainmk

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 05:55 AM

View PostSK-1323, on Sep 22 2007, 11:25 AM, said:

@MK so expressing your opinion on airbus/boeing is wrong just because someone else have debated this in the past?

You are aware that you can ignore this thread if you don't find it to your liking. You did see the thread and still you wanted to read it. And about airbus models are modeled by cavemen is my opinion as i have stated in my previous statements.. if you indeed took the time to read them that is.

And if i had dug up an ancient airbus vs Boeing thread i'd be flamed for bringing up old topics again. Something that again would be "Everything wrong with"

Just because i',m stating my opinion about airbus it should be locked? You don't need to watch this thread if you are so sick of debating this.. People should be able to debate on different subjects regardless of how many times it has been discussed.

Jeez. Read my post. I didn't say this thread should be locked because of your opinion. Your opinion is your opinion. This topic has been debated a thousand times before, and just because one geezer wants to do the whole thing again because he missed it doesn't mean we should be happy creating the 1001th debate on the same topic.

I can ignore and read threads upon my discretion. Just because I don't like a certain thread doesn't mean I can't post in it :lol:

i personally find the look of all airbus models a disgrace to aviation. And as i have said i'd never put my foot in it.. You can say that it's sick and i'm brainwshed. By all means believe whatever you want.. it seems to me you can't accept my opinions about this just because you find airbus aircraft sexy.

If airbus liners were a "disgrace to aviation" they wouldn't have sold so many aircraft. I know it's your opinion, but it's a stupid and ridiculous opinion you have. You've never even set foot on an airbus and yet you seem to complain about it inside out!

"A disgrace to aviation" ...pffttt, never heard so much :lol: in my life.

#70 SK-1323

SK-1323

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:20 AM

You are aware that there is new members coming to flightsimhq every day, right? and they have never stated or argumented their opinions about it. You May have argumented against that 1000 times, i don't know, but that shouldn't stop others airing their opinions.

Thats true, you CAN ignore airbus vs Boeing threads, but if you are so sick of those arguments that have been debated a 1000 times before i cant understand why you would even bother posting here.. surely it has to have some sort of interest to you other than saying it's been debated a 1000 times already. But by all means keep posting.. :lol:

I said that *I* Find airbuses a disgrace to aviation because of the way they look, yes maybe a bit over the top to some, but it's my honest opinion and  you may call it stupid and ridiculous opinion.. your words. I base my statements after seeing the airbus models in real life and i found them so ugly i think they are a disgrace. It's not about hating aircraft, i'm an aviation enthusisast myself, but i reserve the right to express my opinions as well. I simply don't care how much aircraft airbus have sold, i find them disgracefully ugly nonetheless.

And regarding your last sentence.. you have obivously not heard much  :lol:  in your life then.. :censored:

#71 Captainmk

Captainmk

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:24 AM

View PostSK-1323, on Sep 22 2007, 12:20 PM, said:

And regarding your last sentence.. you have obivously not heard much  :lol:  in your life then.. :lol:

Oh, don't you worry, I have heard a whole LOT of :lol: in my life :censored:

You are aware that there is new members coming to flightsimhq every day, right? and they have never stated or argumented their opinions about it. You May have argumented against that 1000 times, i don't know, but that shouldn't stop others airing their opinions.

Yeah new member sign up every day, true, doesn't mean the "plane on a moving belt" thread should also be repeated every week.

Edited by Captainmk, 22 September 2007 - 06:25 AM.

#72 SK-1323

SK-1323

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:39 AM

View PostCaptainmk, on Sep 22 2007, 06:24 AM, said:

View PostSK-1323, on Sep 22 2007, 12:20 PM, said:

And regarding your last sentence.. you have obivously not heard much  :lol:  in your life then.. :lol:

Oh, don't you worry, I have heard a whole LOT of :lol: in my life :censored:

Yeah new member sign up every day, true, doesn't mean the "plane on a moving belt" thread should also be repeated every week.

Whatever you say then :hilarious:

You do know, however that this is a subject that will be brought up from time to time from possibly new members and i surely can't see new topics about this every week either, but from time to time, yes. Sure i can understand that older members can get sick of it, but as i have said you don't have to get involved at all if you don't like the argument. This is probably not the last thread about this subject, accept it or not. :lol:

Edited by SK-1323, 22 September 2007 - 06:39 AM.

#73 Chief_Bean

Chief_Bean

Cruising at FL150

• Members
  • 15,351 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:54 AM

View PostFlight Sim X, on Sep 21 2007, 09:01 PM, said:

Boeing is the best   because airbus planes cant land properly
:lol: !!!!!!!! LOLOLOLOL! :lol:

Airbuses feel flimsy for some absurd reason!
Just because it has a sidestick? The sidestick is actually very precise, feels like it's made of really good quality materials and is very natural.

These threads are silly :lol: Both Airbus and Boeing airliners are great, and I'd love to pilot either one :censored:

#74 Windowseat

Windowseat

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,562 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 06:55 AM

seriously... enough of these threads, i think you should be banned for starting one! Permanently.

#75 Wokhead

Wokhead

Orville Reincarnate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:20 AM

The best company ever. Is Earl's Flying Carpets No-1 can deny that!

#76 Jebus

Jebus

formerly xAndyy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,830 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:42 AM

View PostPrvt Parts, on Sep 22 2007, 02:20 PM, said:

Haha! The cheap and economical way of flying!

All we need now is some aladin suits so the pilots have matching uniforms.

#77 Wokhead

Wokhead

Orville Reincarnate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,144 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 08:44 AM

View PostEvolt, on Sep 22 2007, 12:42 PM, said:

View PostPrvt Parts, on Sep 22 2007, 02:20 PM, said:

Haha! The cheap and economical way of flying!

All we need now is some aladin suits so the pilots have matching uniforms.

:lol: Definitely! :lol:

#78 Mango

Mango

Contributor\First Class Member

• 11,952 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:56 AM

View PostPrvt Parts, on Sep 22 2007, 08:20 PM, said:

How can you even mention this mother of all carpet failures... Earl's are a disgrace to aviation and completely under powered. I would N E V E R  place my butt on such an air unworthy ugly thing. Not even the blue ones... Dagar, Dagar feels right and those are made in Boggastan. Don't crash in mountains and stuff. You have no idea what you are talking about. ! Earl's...  lol !
Posted Image

#79 Flightsimulatorpilot

Flightsimulatorpilot

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 10:58 AM

View PostMango, on Sep 22 2007, 11:56 AM, said:

View PostPrvt Parts, on Sep 22 2007, 08:20 PM, said:

How can you even mention this mother of all carpet failures... Earl's are a disgrace to aviation and completely under powered. I would N E V E R  place my butt on such an air unworthy ugly thing. Not even the blue ones... Dagar, Dagar feels right and those are made in Boggastan. Don't crash in mountains and stuff. You have no idea what you are talking about. ! Earl's...  lol !
Posted Image
:lol: LMAO!!!

#80 SK-1323

SK-1323

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 11:42 AM

View PostMango, on Sep 22 2007, 10:56 AM, said:

Posted Image

Very funny :lol:

Edited by SK-1323, 22 September 2007 - 11:45 AM.