#41 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 08 July 2004 - 01:31 AM

Great find there, Flight_guy00 :o

I'm glad you got it all working first time too - shows my tutorial isn't completely incomprehensible  :o

#42 ohadn747

ohadn747

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 03:51 PM

Wow that is good Tutorial... but i allready had PAI before... :o

#43 Blimpie

Blimpie

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2004 - 01:16 PM

I need help.  PLEASE.  TechnicolourYawn, you got PAI?  Do you have the OLD A330 file?  PAI A330 (pai330v4.AIR) ????  It doesnt work on my PC - the plane is seen bouncing everywhere before it freezes and poofs away...uhhh, :o this :o.  Do you have a replacement for this plane?? it makes me mad to see a US Airways A330 jumping around KPHL... :D  :o  B)  :D

#44 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 30 July 2004 - 02:13 PM

Go to the PAI download page, and to the Models and Flight Dynamics page.

There you can get the updated packages. When you run them, it will update the model and .air file, whilst leaving all your liveries as they are.

#45 AiRbUsBoY

AiRbUsBoY

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts

Posted 02 August 2004 - 07:34 PM

Install Real AI but UT2004!

#46 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 03 August 2004 - 05:18 AM

Yes, but you have to buy that.

And anyway, this is a tutorial about PAI, not UT.

#47 goofwrench

goofwrench

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 01:26 AM

A trick I figured out for the xp users out there, you don't have to unzip before installing the files.  Also, if you right click on the .pai file and select open with, then browse to where you have the installer and click on it, then set always open with this, it realy can speed things up.

#48 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 04 August 2004 - 04:51 AM

Good tip there, goofwrench  :o

#49 DAL_762

DAL_762

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 04:25 AM

GOSH DARN! U NEED PATIENCE FOR THIS STUFF......  :D  :o  :o  :o  B)

#50 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 12 August 2004 - 12:06 PM

Yup.. takes a while - but it's worth it. :o

#51 thrasher27191

thrasher27191

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 10:52 AM

do i need to install the flightplans or not?

#52 Blimpie

Blimpie

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 August 2004 - 11:04 AM

Usually the PAI Installer gets the aircraft, airports, and flightplans all installed.  If not, you can download the flightplans/aircraft via the "PAI Libraries" link on the PAI site, and use TTools to install those.  Helpful tool i used:  The PAI aircraft are all installed under the directory of "Project AI" .  And having more than 10000 flights with PAI aircraft, i thought i'd change them to "United Airlines 737-500" instead of "Project AI  BOEING 737-500" etc.  It also helps if you want to fly the planes themselves :o  I usually organize it like that so i don't hafta wait for the ###### ATC to get around to the traffic warnings...it helps.

#53 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 20 August 2004 - 01:44 AM

thrasher27191, on Aug 19 2004, 10:52 AM, said:

do i need to install the flightplans or not?
Yes you do need to install the flightplans. These are the routes that the AI traffic follow, and without them, you'd have the models available, but they wouldn't appear as AI in the game.

Blimpie - you don't need TTools at all if you are just using the official packages. You say 'usually' the installer works, but I'd say 'always'. As long as you are using the official packages, then the installer will do everything for you, and you don't need to worry about using TTools or renaming anything.

Downloading each flightplan and skin seperately and installing them yourself is just creating unneccesary work for yourself, as you can get exactly the same result by just double-clicking one file - the package file. Also, the files in the library are not neccesarily the ones in the packages, so you may be creating substandard AI by doing things that way. If you want to have each airline's flightplan as a specific bgl file which you can then organise, there is an option in the installer - just choose custom installation and choose 'custom naming and locations' and hit the 'change' button to choose where everything installs to and what it gets called.

You mention 'if you want to fly the planes yourself'. It is stressed many times that these planes are for AI use and shouldn't be flown. The main reason for this is because of the the stripped-down flight dynamics. These are AI planes and don't have to have realistic handling, so they haven't been provided with it, the result being that they handle like ######. If you want to fly a specific plane in a specific livery, then you are much better off downloading a flyable one which has proper flight dynamics. Try here.

#54 leetdog

leetdog

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 07:23 PM

DAL_762, on Aug 12 2004, 04:25 AM, said:

GOSH DARN! U NEED PATIENCE FOR THIS STUFF......  :D  :o  :o  :o  B)
R U FROM ARGENTINA????????

#55 iNsChris

iNsChris

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:37 AM

Omg this is drivng me mad...
so firstly the site doesnt have a BIG package so i download like 60files which takes like an hour+   then you can't extract them into one big file and highlight them all so you have to do ONE BY ONE!!!!!

Then you go in game to see 4 little planes at klax and they don't look like there project ai... they look like they are defaults!

I installed all the planes as said... all the flight plans as said... delete the default traffic... and NOW I HAVE NOTHING.

Omg project ai sucks! Can someone help me out cause right now i want to go to the maker of ai and tell him what i think of his stupid installer and website! GRRRRR!!!!

###### pissing me off !

#56 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 12 September 2004 - 07:32 AM

Chill..... deep breaths....

Right.. so now you have no AI. We can get it going. You need to check a few things.

Are the planes showing up in the Select Aircraft screen? Look under Project AI as the manufacturer.

Do you have the traffic put up to 100% in your FS settings?

#57 Guest_JR_*

Guest_JR_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 September 2004 - 06:25 PM

What program do you save the Project Ai installer?  Is it a word document or do you save it in the Flight Sim file??? :D

Jrobsr40@msn.com

#58 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 03:41 PM

The installer is a separate program used for installing the models. You can put it anywhere you like. It doesn't need to be put inside your FS2004 folder.

The file you download is a zip file made up of 4 files:

PAI Installer.exe
PAIInstaller.lib
Readme.txt
TTools.exe

If you have Windows XP, you can just double click on the zip file and move the contents to wherever you like. If you have a diffferent version of windows, you may need to use winzip (www.winzip.com) to unpack the zip file. Just try double clicking it, and it should open.

When you run the installer (PAI Installer.exe), it will detect where you have FS2004 installed, and put things in the right place.

#59 trekkie

trekkie

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 06:18 PM

Alright, I dl'ed everything, and got it installed with the PAI installer. I go ingame and fly around, everything looks cool. But as I'm circling above Seattle-Tacoma, I see a huge string of planes that are flying side by side. What did I do to cause this?

#60 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 06:23 PM

That sometimes happens when you start the game at a certain time and a lot of planes are set to land at similar times. FS starts with all the planes pretty much on top of each other. There's not a lot you can do about it, short of waiting 10 minutes or so for them all to land and disperse a bit. Luckily it doesn't happen very often.