* * * * * 1 votes

MetroAir teams up with BluePrint Simulations

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
84 replies to this topic

#21 VinceN

VinceN

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:05 PM

Dell,

You didn't address anything in my post.  The simple fact is that you are offering PAYWARE for service to your airline.  Maybe you don't see anything wrong with that.  Some people feel differently.  I also feel it cheapens MetroAir.  How many pilots may join just to hang out for 3 months to get the "freebies" and then leave.

Secondly, I have a hard time believing that any VA can just go to a commercial organization and "ask" for free software.  I think we would be fools to believe that that's all it took for Metro to receive these products and that some of your staff members work for the companies involved has nothing to do with it.  I could be wrong though.

Also Tom stated earlier that Metro does not have any advertising attached to it.  Well this isn't true anymore.  By offering an "exclusive" deal to distribute commercial software, Metro is by definition advertising the products of these companies.  It is not much different than NASCAR's running around with sponsor logo's on them.

I just feel as do some others that this "commercializes" something that should not be.  And to answer your question, if I were approached by a commercial software maker about distributing their products to my members, I don't believe I would accept.  I just don't feel I could do so and remain true to the spirit of what I want Cerulean to be.  I'm fairly sure my staff feels the same way.

This isn't jealousy.  Again, I'm happy that Metro can make these things happen.  I just don't think it's good for the community at large.

#22 zrotzel

zrotzel

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:13 PM

Well number one, I will quote a POSKY memeber.  Flight sim isnt' about scenery or stupid little details on a model its about flying,[its not an axact quote but you get the point] offering free scenery and payware planes doesn't add to the realism.  2. blueprint's scenery isn't top notch anyway, if you read some of the Metro forums thats another opinion you will see, the fact that they give it away is proof.

If its not advertising, read the initial post with the big blueprint - metro logo together...LOL   :lol:

#23 Sun Flight Web

Sun Flight Web

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

Also The Way Your Staff Shows Its Laziness!!! I Applyed To Be A Pilot? But How Was I Greeted

"Hello Nick Tyson,

Unfortanilty We Are Not Able  To Hire you Do To Your Experience,

You Currently Stand Alone In The world Of Virtual Airlines!!!!"

My Later Response-EXPERIENCE........I Got 172 Vatsim Hours And You Tell Me I don't Have Enough Experience."

My Comment right Now-

Well This Is for You METRO AIR

The swear filter is there for a reason. Offensive posts aren't tolerated here

Thanks
Nick Tyson
The Sunshine Man!!!

Edited by Mul., 17 January 2008 - 06:33 AM.

#24 zrotzel

zrotzel

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:19 PM

Nick your out of control dude...if you want the scenery that bad i will give you my copy, its not that great.... :censored: :lol:

All kidding aside nick, the new staff are not lazy, and judging by your last couple of responses it looks like they made the right call. :lol:

Edited by zrotzel, 16 January 2008 - 08:21 PM.

#25 VinceN

VinceN

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:21 PM

I should have known better than to expect civilized conversation on the subject.  :lol:

#26 monkeypaw201

monkeypaw201

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:21 PM

View Postzrotzel, on Jan 16 2008, 05:19 PM, said:

if you want the scenery that bad i will give you my copy, its not that great.... :hilarious: :lol:

LOL  :lol: :lol: :censored:

#27 Del Steel

Del Steel

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:22 PM

View PostNick Tyson, on Jan 16 2008, 08:14 PM, said:

Also The Way Your Staff Shows Its Laziness!!! I Applyed To Be A Pilot? But How Was I Greeted

"Hello Nick Tyson,

Unfortanilty We Are Not Able  To Hire you Do To Your Experience,

You Currently Stand Alone In The world Of Virtual Airlines!!!!"

My Later Response-EXPERIENCE........I Got 172 Vatsim Hours And You Tell Me I don't Have Enough Experience."

My Comment right Now-

Well This Is for You METRO AIR

Fuc# You Suns Of Bi%ches Go fu$k Your Self

Thanks
Nick Tyson
The Sunshine Man!!!
I think you have just justified our reason not to hire you Nick. That kind of comment isn't needed. :lol:

Edited by del steel, 16 January 2008 - 08:23 PM.

#28 Sun Flight Web

Sun Flight Web

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:25 PM

You know This Is Just The Way I Feel About Metro Air.... If You don't Like The It don't Look At It

The Other Fact That I Was No Where As Mad As I Am Now ... So Suck That

Swear filter...

Edited by Mul., 17 January 2008 - 06:37 AM.

#29 zrotzel

zrotzel

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:26 PM

Nick you really should stop now, like vince said we were trying to have a civilized conversation.

#30 monkeypaw201

monkeypaw201

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:27 PM

View Postzrotzel, on Jan 16 2008, 05:26 PM, said:

Nick you really should stop now, like vince said we were trying to have a civilized conversation.

A civilized debate, more so..

#31 Sun Flight Web

Sun Flight Web

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:29 PM

Your Right We Should handle This In A Civilized conversations So I Will Remove Every Thing I Just Said if You Will Accept My Apology As Seen Below

Sorry To All Metro air Staff and Pilots.... When You Experience I Have Seen You Would Under Stand... Again Sorry!!

(has anyone noticed this is like a global chat room? What the :lol: Welcome to a Forum)

#32 JG1324

JG1324

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:31 PM

Nick..I see you either heading towards suspension or a ban..Just my 2 cents

#33 zrotzel

zrotzel

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:34 PM

Thats fine Nick but now you will never get into metro dude...

#34 monkeypaw201

monkeypaw201

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:38 PM

can we get back on topic?

Edited by monkeypaw201, 16 January 2008 - 08:40 PM.

#35 kc130flyer

kc130flyer

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Back to the topic..

Edited by kc130flyer, 16 January 2008 - 08:41 PM.

#36 Ireallydontknow

Ireallydontknow

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

TYSON SHUT up. YOu think your all good and evreything but your not. trying to be cool. Metro's virtual airline is out of your range. u could never go that far. after 5 days u quit and make a new one.u have nothing to say! now just sit down and shut up!Evreyone on the fourms is tired of it!

Srry to all the others its just the truth!

Daniel MacFarlane

#37 Sun Flight Web

Sun Flight Web

Student Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:39 PM

They Never Were Going To Let Me In... As Seen At The top The Email

#38 kc130flyer

kc130flyer

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:41 PM

Getting back to the real debate here, without the expletives, everyone is free to run their VA their way.  In the same way that Dell states that Metro is not forcing the payware on their members, no one is forcing anyone to join Metro.  However, given the myriad of VA’s out there all competing for the same pilots it is a great move on Metro’s part to gain “market share" (if some marginal scenery is enough to tempt you away from your current gig).

I still believe that there is more to the distribution of payware to a limited audience through a VA to harm the community as a whole then to benefit it.  My concern is still based more on the “What’s in it for the developers" question.  Is it a sign of the beginning of the commercialization of the community?  Is it going to get down to the point where as in Formula One Racing, only the “factory sponsored" teams have a fighting chance at surviving?
If that is the case, then it won't be long before the developers themselves have VA’s and vie for not pilots, but customers.  I for one hope that it doesn’t go that way, but could this be the beginning?

#39 VinceN

VinceN

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:42 PM

Ok... I suggest at this point we ignore Nick.  The topic of this thread is the debate on Metro's payware offerings.  Not Nick's piss contest over his denial of membership at Metro

PLEASE QUIT FEEDING THE TROLLS!!!

#40 Ireallydontknow

Ireallydontknow

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 08:43 PM

Thats good there sake. u would try to hack it or steal crap from them.oh and tyson maybe your trying to get back at them because your jelous?

Edited by AirCanada190, 16 January 2008 - 08:43 PM.