#81 xaxa9

xaxa9

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:07 PM

Timsher, on Jul 27 2006, 12:26 PM, said:

It probably can be, however only for personal use, (IE you can't distribute it when your done with it).
I'd be really interrested to know how, for personnal use...

#82 ray82

ray82

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 March 2007 - 10:10 AM

i can't get the scenery files to display what can it be?

#83 mobisone

mobisone

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:37 AM

Is there a easy mathematical  solution to make it easier to get near the answer of (4)
for the resolution?

other than guessing with a long line of numbers like these? :lol:

Posted Image

#84 mobisone

mobisone

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 08:36 PM

were are you timsher!

#85 silentghost

silentghost

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:26 PM

View Postsilentghost, on Aug 10 2004, 08:03 PM, said:

how do u open gimp, i cant find it please help!

Not meaning to bump this anymore than mobisone has but....MY FIRST POST! Wow.....

#86 Locstar

Locstar

formerly Anas.T

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 22 September 2007 - 03:01 AM

Can I use google earth for the images?

#87 falcon X

falcon X

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 06:56 PM

Hi timsher...I have FSX and would LOVE to "photoscene" around LaGuardia,NYC...but I'm a total newbie and would like to use SBuilderX and the Autogen Annotator...any help here?

#88 Groundbound1

Groundbound1

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 08:28 PM

Ok, I followed ALL the instructions. (GREAT tute btw) But The scenery didn't turn out as I had hoped. I used the high-res, urban color photos (sampled @ 2 meters) , hoping to get a result like those found in the high-res sceneries by Bluesky. http://www.blueskysc...m/download.html

But instead, my scenery looks all "grainy" and it's not at all like flying over the photos I started with. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to try a different approach?

:lol:

#89 Timsher

Timsher

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 02:45 AM

Sorry for the much delayed replies, I forgot to update my email address here after hotmail decided I didn't need my account anymore and purged it for me.

Is there a easy mathematical solution to make it easier to get near the answer of (4)
for the resolution?

Yes there is, if you know the exact coordinates to the top, bottom, left, and right you can input those. Or you could take the dimensions of your image in pixels, multiply by 4, and convert the change in meters into lat/long, but it's much easier to guess at the numbers. Speaking of which, your numbers are way off, notice the E15 at the end, that means that your number is shifted 15 decimal places to the left, instead of 4m, you're at 4,000,000,000,000,000m! It appears you forgot the decimal point at the start of your numbers.

Can I use google earth for the images?
You most likely can with a jpeg stitcher, but I haven't tried that (but perhaps I should). Also of note: you won't be able to release to the public due to copyright issues.

Hi timsher...I have FSX and would LOVE to "photoscene" around LaGuardia,NYC...but I'm a total newbie and would like to use SBuilderX and the Autogen Annotator...any help here?
I haven't used either tool, so I can't be of any help there.

Ok, I followed ALL the instructions. (GREAT tute btw) But The scenery didn't turn out as I had hoped. I used the high-res, urban color photos (sampled @ 2 meters) , hoping to get a result like those found in the high-res sceneries by Bluesky. http://www.blueskysc...m/download.html

But instead, my scenery looks all "grainy" and it's not at all like flying over the photos I started with. Am I doing something wrong, or do I need to try a different approach?
My technique shown here is limited to 4m resolution, regardless of the source, FSX allows much much higher resolutions but you'll have to use the microsoft SDK tools to achieve it. Perhaps over spring break I'll update this to cover that (yes I have an exciting spring break planned of doing as little as possible).

#90 jetblast787

jetblast787

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 07:27 AM

a few questions:
    - How do we do this for google earth
    - how FPS friendly is it?
    - can we incorporate terrain elevation in it as well?
btw, the bigjpg link is the same as the usa terrain thingy

Edited by Iranair747, 22 September 2008 - 07:29 AM.

#91 jetblast787

jetblast787

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 22 September 2008 - 03:52 PM

I'm having a major problem. I screenshotted (i know, a little simple and lazy :hrmm: ) a part of google earth at KLAX as i couldnt be bothered colouring it, and now i have done all the steps without problems except for when i get to the scenery generation. I click on run whole process and it says cannot open file (and then the name of the bmp file) This happens when i click on step number 3 and oddly enough it says generate bgl is successful but where does the file go??

#92 Timsher

Timsher

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,406 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 07:22 PM

If you're looking to use google earth/yahoo/msn, try out FSEarthtiles. It basically does the entire process for you once you get it set up.
http://www.fspasseng...p...6835&t=6835

You can't distribute it when you're done, but it makes a nice quick fix for custom scenery.

Edited by Timsher, 01 October 2008 - 07:24 PM.

#93 jetblast787

jetblast787

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 17 October 2008 - 03:59 AM

View PostTimsher, on Oct 2 2008, 01:22 AM, said:

If you're looking to use google earth/yahoo/msn, try out FSEarthtiles. It basically does the entire process for you once you get it set up.
http://www.fspasseng...p...6835&t=6835

You can't distribute it when you're done, but it makes a nice quick fix for custom scenery.
:hrmm: I have installed it but it is quite complicated :s

#94 ShadowMystDK

ShadowMystDK

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 February 2009 - 12:38 AM

When I try to get the imagery from USAMaps, it won't display on the program. I've tried your directions as well as a number of other methods (Tiger Streets ect.......) and can't get the image to come up.

Is it possible that Terraserver images are no longer valid?

#95 Indian Eagle

Indian Eagle

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:28 AM

View PostJordanD, on Dec 7 2005, 04:45 PM, said:

I'ts not working though! Whenever I hit run whole process it tells me resample.exe version is invalid. What does this mean?

http://files.fsnordi...t/?download=391
http://files.fsnordi...t/?download=390

get the files from, this is the correct resample file,

or you can just drag and drop your inf file onto the resample.exe you already have. :hrmm:

#96 Indian Eagle

Indian Eagle

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 06:42 AM

FS2004
if you are having problems with your resample.exe and imagetool.exe, then this is how you can resolve it:

when you get your .inf file drag and drop it onto the resample.exe, you should get the .tga files and .bgl, once youve got them, go to your imagetool.exe, then right click and create shortcut, call the short cut 'mip maker', then click on its properties and where it says 'target' you will find something like this

"...........imagetool.exe"
add this to the end of it -terrainphoto put a space between the ".....imagetool.exe" and -terrainphoto

so it should look like this
...imagetool.exe" -terrainphoto

then all you have to do is select all your .tga files then drag and drop them onto the shortcut you have created.

now all you have to do is compy and paste the shortcut you have made, but replace the -terrainphoto with  -e bmp

this will rename them witha bitmap extension.

so the new shortcut should look like this:
...imagetool.exe" -e bmp

hope this fixes the problem. :hrmm:

#97 Indian Eagle

Indian Eagle

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:07 AM

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you are having problem with your resample.exe and and image tool then try this.

http://files.fsnordi...t/?download=391
http://files.fsnordi...t/?download=390

download the fs2000 SDK remaple.exe, it is needed-you will not actually use it, it will act as a dummy just so photo scenery maker lets you generate scenery.

and also download the fs2004 sdk resample, from here-this you will actually use:

http://download.micr...n_sdk_setup.exe

then in the photo scenery maker option, use the fs2000 resample.exe

u can use any image tool, in the image tool folder, it can fs9 or fs2000

when you are ready to generate scenery click on scenery generation, generate .inf then close the rest of it.

you now have the .inf

open the .inf in notepad to edit it,
look  for the 'DestDir ='

it will have some like this next to it: DestDir = "C:\....\....\TmpBmp"

just get rid of the TmpBmp,

then save you .inf file,

get your .inf file drag and drop it onto the fs2004 resample.exe, you should get the .tga files and .bgl, once youve got them, go to your fs2004 imagetool.exe, then right click and create shortcut, call the short cut 'mip maker', then click on its properties and where it says 'target' you will find something like this

"...........imagetool.exe"
add this to the end of it -terrainphoto put a space between the ".....imagetool.exe" and -terrainphoto

so it should look like this
...imagetool.exe" -terrainphoto

then all you have to do is select all your .tga files then drag and drop them onto the shortcut you have created.

now all you have to do is compy and paste the shortcut you have made, but replace the -terrainphoto with -e bmp

this will rename them witha bitmap extension.

so the new shortcut should look like this:
...imagetool.exe" -e bmp

hope this fixes the problem. thumbup.gif

#98 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:01 AM

As it goes - this won't work of a night time will it? How can you add lighting? Surely there must be away to add lighting?

#99 Audie12

Audie12

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:56 PM

Thanks for the link...Downloading it right now..I will try this later...Keep it up..

Regards

Bert

________
Pret immobilier