* - - - - 2 votes

You New Yorkers have Destroyed Concorde G-BOAD!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

#1 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:50 AM

This has made me feel really annoyed and angry that New york has been able to get this far with her. What are BA doing about this apart from sitting on there harris watching live transactions on there website with a  :-D  on there face. They should be protecting the one and only thing that gave them pride and joy.

Not only is it a Concorde it's G-BOAD the World record Holder: Round the world in both directions and fastest atlantic crossing in both directions. Only other Concorde to get a record was G-BOAC as fastest Ground speed.

I know some of you hate Concorde to guts- evident on this forum - when i mention Concorde or you see someone post about Concorde you go mad.. But someone like me who enjoys her and is obsessed this really does show that the people of the UK are letting muppets like that destroy our heritage and our only successful airplane - even though part french but we came up with the idea.

Posted Image

I mean look at her, does she deserve that?

http://nycaviation.c...php?f=9&t=12589

Do something for once and liven up and see what is happening to Concorde.

Robbie :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

#2 Captain-Amar

Captain-Amar

Screenshot Hotshot of 2007

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,135 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:53 AM

Sigh, utterly useless destruction.

#3 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:57 AM

Will you calm down? You don't have any facts of work they may be doing, and are yelling because a piece of metal has some very repairable damage, if not getting some repair work done to it. Please grow up.

Edited by Perriwen, 02 July 2008 - 10:59 AM.

#4 spitfir3

spitfir3

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:03 AM

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 10:57 AM, said:

Will you calm down? You don't have any facts of work they may be doing, and are yelling because a piece metal has some very repairable damage, if not getting some repair work done to it. Please grow up.

aye +1.. seriously, no point coming onto a flight sim forum proclaiming that the populus of a city have destroyed our b'loved concorde.

And what the hel is that last paragraph? you're moving into the realms of fantasy here :lol: Remember it was only ever made to make money..

Edited by spitfir3, 02 July 2008 - 11:03 AM.

#5 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:07 AM

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 10:57 AM, said:

Will you calm down? You don't have any facts of work they may be doing, and are yelling because a piece of metal has some very repairable damage, if not getting some repair work done to it. Please grow up.

I would've agreed with you, but if you take the time to read the forum post G-BOAC gladly provided you will see that New York is treating this Concorde like a POS. Rumor has it they ran out of funding to restore it. I too am very appalled and ashamed of this poor treatment of the Concorde.

G-BOAC I don't know where you get the impression everyone bashes you for being a Concorde lover. I seriously don't understand whats wrong with people who hate the Concorde but I certainly love the Concorde and I always wanted to see one in action when I was a little kid, but now I'll be lucky enough just to have a glimpse at one.

Also isn't there a Concorde at the Boeing Museum in Seattle, Washington?

-AmericanAirFan

P.S. If you don't find NYCaviation to be a reliable source, check out this forum post as well. And if you don't find Airliners.net reliable on this topic either then God help you find a way :lol:

http://www.airliners...d.main/4050720/

Edited by AmericanAirFan, 02 July 2008 - 11:11 AM.

#6 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:13 AM

View PostAmericanAirFan, on Jul 2 2008, 11:07 AM, said:

I would've agreed with you, but if you take the time to read the forum post G-BOAC gladly provided you will see that New York is treating this Concorde like a POS. Rumor has it they ran out of funding to restore it. I too am very appalled and ashamed of this poor treatment of the Concorde.

Key word: Rumour Who are the sources, other then an internet message board?

Edited by Perriwen, 02 July 2008 - 11:14 AM.

#7 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:20 AM

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 11:13 AM, said:

Goody for you, you noticed I said Rumor that is a way of not compromising myself, if you go down, yeah go down come on I know you can do it and read all the airliners.net replies to the matter you will realize that there really is no more funding and people all over the world are pretty pissed about the state of this Concorde. I say "Rumor" so if you quote me well you quote me saying Rumor not a fact. :lol: I honestly believe the Rumor as fact but you can choose what you like. :lol:

I say Rumor leaving it open discussion so that you may read these sources and choose for yourself but do not choose so quickly without reading these things.

Edited by AmericanAirFan, 02 July 2008 - 11:22 AM.

#8 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:23 AM

View PostAmericanAirFan, on Jul 2 2008, 11:20 AM, said:

Goody for you, you noticed I said Rumor that is a way of not compromising myself, if you go down, yeah go down come on I know you can do it and read all the airliners.net replies to the matter you will realize that there really is no more funding and people all over the world are pretty pissed about the state of this Concorde. I say "Rumor" so if you quote me well you quote me saying Rumor not a fact. :lol: I honestly believe the Rumor as fact but you can choose what you like. :lol:

I say Rumor leaving it open discussion so that you may read these sources and choose for yourself but do not choose so quickly without reading these things.

Any smart person would wait for an official source, as opposed to just reading what people who don't even work with this aircraft say via hearsay or emotion.

#9 JG1324

JG1324

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:26 AM

My Opinion on this. One, Don't phase out every New Yorker because of what happened to a heap of metal that will never fly again. Theres no room in aviation for something that guzzles up fuel like that or holds that amount of seats. I don't think thats as you say "destroyed". If you want destroyed. I bring a sledge hammer up to Manhattan and destroy it for you if you want? Its better then sitting in a Graveyard somewhere in Arizona or torn up and scrapped. But this is just my opinion.  :lol:

It may be regarded as something elegant. Which it is. But I don't see a future for it. Except sitting on the ground somewhere.

Edited by JG1324, 02 July 2008 - 11:26 AM.

#10 The Boss.

The Boss.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:32 AM

View PostG-BOAC, on Jul 3 2008, 01:50 AM, said:

This has made me feel really annoyed and angry that New york has been able to get this far with her. What are BA doing about this apart from sitting on there harris watching live transactions on there website with a  :-D  on there face. They should be protecting the one and only thing that gave them pride and joy.

Not only is it a Concorde it's G-BOAD the World record Holder: Round the world in both directions and fastest atlantic crossing in both directions. Only other Concorde to get a record was G-BOAC as fastest Ground speed.

I know some of you hate Concorde to guts- evident on this forum - when i mention Concorde or you see someone post about Concorde you go mad.. But someone like me who enjoys her and is obsessed this really does show that the people of the UK are letting muppets like that destroy our heritage and our only successful airplane - even though part french but we came up with the idea.

Posted Image

I mean look at her, does she deserve that?

http://nycaviation.c...php?f=9&t=12589

Do something for once and liven up and see what is happening to Concorde.

Robbie :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
Mate, has anyone ever told you that you're a :lol: :lol:?  :hrmm:

Do you want a tissue, there, buddy? Stop being a sook! A piece of the nosecone broke off, it'll be repaired - there's no reason to go off at an entire city because a piece of metal broke off a plane that can't even fly any more.

Edited by The Boss., 02 July 2008 - 11:34 AM.

#11 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:36 AM

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 11:23 AM, said:

Goody for you, you noticed I said Rumor that is a way of not compromising myself, if you go down, yeah go down come on I know you can do it and read all the airliners.net replies to the matter you will realize that there really is no more funding and people all over the world are pretty pissed about the state of this Concorde. I say "Rumor" so if you quote me well you quote me saying Rumor not a fact. :lol: I honestly believe the Rumor as fact but you can choose what you like. :hrmm:

Any smart person would wait for an official source, as opposed to just reading what people who don't even work with this aircraft say via hearsay or emotion.

Just read the bloody topic, and why the :lol: would you wait around for an official report when it comes to stuff like this you just gotta use your head and figure it out for yourself. It's rather senseless to argue, educate yourself with the people's opinions and form your own instead of bashing tactics of finding sources.

Edited by AmericanAirFan, 02 July 2008 - 11:39 AM.

#12 fluffy

fluffy

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:39 AM

It's unfortunate I know - it would be just like someone gouging a piece out of the Apollo 11 command module - they're both museum pieces and should be properly looked after. I'm not angry or upset though - more disappointed.

Look at the care which goes into BOAC at Manchester :lol:

#13 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:40 AM

View PostAmericanAirFan, on Jul 2 2008, 11:36 AM, said:

Goody for you, you noticed I said Rumor that is a way of not compromising myself, if you go down, yeah go down come on I know you can do it and read all the airliners.net replies to the matter you will realize that there really is no more funding and people all over the world are pretty pissed about the state of this Concorde. I say "Rumor" so if you quote me well you quote me saying Rumor not a fact. :lol: I honestly believe the Rumor as fact but you can choose what you like. :hrmm:

Just read the bloody topic, and why the :lol: would you wait around for an official report when it comes to stuff like this you just gotta use your head and figure it out for yourself.

I read the bloody topic-3 times. And if you use your head, you would know that jumping to conclusions like this without any solid facts from the people who work on it. Do you honestly think in your mind that people who own, operate, and maintain one of the country's top aviation musuems, which houses not only an SR-71, but an entire AIRCRAFT CARRIER, would run out of money to fix up a 1970's airliner? Do you honestly think that?

#14 fluffy

fluffy

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:42 AM

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 05:40 PM, said:

I read the bloody topic-3 times. And if you use your head, you would know that jumping to conclusions like this without any solid facts from the people who work on it. Do you honestly think in your mind that people who own, operate, and maintain one of the country's top aviation musuems, which houses not only an SR-71, but an entire AIRCRAFT CARRIER, would run out of money to fix up a 1970's airliner? Do you honestly think that?

You're forgetting which airliner you're talking about here - this isn't some mass produced 737.

They are also remarkable for being the only airliners which could regularly fly at speeds of greater than Mach 2 and supercruise leaving all current military jets of the time struggling to keep up on reheat.

:lol:

Jealousy and xenophobia does many a funny thing.

Edited by fluff, 02 July 2008 - 11:43 AM.

#15 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:43 AM

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 11:40 AM, said:

View PostAmericanAirFan, on Jul 2 2008, 11:36 AM, said:

Just read the bloody topic, and why the :lol: would you wait around for an official report when it comes to stuff like this you just gotta use your head and figure it out for yourself.

Considering where the funding comes from yes. Also Pictures speak louder than words as one person stated. The nose was clearly ripped off that's not some repair going down. Also you have to note that this Concorde is not on that Carrier and when will it ever be? It should've been a long time ago...

Edited by AmericanAirFan, 02 July 2008 - 11:44 AM.

#16 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:45 AM

View PostAmericanAirFan, on Jul 2 2008, 11:43 AM, said:

Considering where the funding comes from yes. Also Pictures speak louder than words as one person stated. The nose was clearly ripped off that's not some repair going down.

Then why move it off the ship and into a heavily fenced setting? For all you know, they could be working on replacing the nose or repositioning it. Disassembly is often an important part of restoration. Not only that-but I doubt they would put it there if there was a risk of some truck crashing into it...not to mention that would have made a newspaper or two.

Edited by Perriwen, 02 July 2008 - 11:47 AM.

#17 fluffy

fluffy

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:47 AM

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 05:45 PM, said:

Considering where the funding comes from yes. Also Pictures speak louder than words as one person stated. The nose was clearly ripped off that's not some repair going down.

Then why move it off the ship and into a heavily fenced setting? For all you know, they could be working on replacing the nose or repositioning it. this-assembly is often an important part of restoration. Not only that-but I doubt they would put it there if there was a risk of some truck crashing into it...not to mention that would have made a newspaper or two.

Whoever is doing this work should be sacked - have you seen how untidy the cut is? That's no maintenance job.

#18 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:47 AM

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 11:45 AM, said:

Then why move it off the ship and into a heavily fenced setting? For all you know, they could be working on replacing the nose or repositioning it. this-assembly is often an important part of restoration. Not only that-but I doubt they would put it there if there was a risk of some truck crashing into it...not to mention that would have made a newspaper or two.

Yeah a truck could just drive by it's not very well fenced. I doubt something like that would make the news. And it has clearly been ripped off if you look at the photo it is not a clean cut. This is ridiculous we could argue all day to put it in a nutshell you think it's all peachy and I quite frankly think not. I think that nothing is being done to restore that Concorde.

Edited by AmericanAirFan, 02 July 2008 - 11:49 AM.

#19 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:50 AM

View PostAmericanAirFan, on Jul 2 2008, 11:47 AM, said:

I think that nothing is being done to restore that Concorde.

You expect them to get a nosecone for a long-out of production plane overnight?

#20 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:51 AM

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 11:50 AM, said:

View PostAmericanAirFan, on Jul 2 2008, 11:47 AM, said:

I think that nothing is being done to restore that Concorde.

You expect them to get a nosecone for a long-out of production plane overnight?

Sure why not just fabricate one.