* - - - - 2 votes

You New Yorkers have Destroyed Concorde G-BOAD!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

#41 GuttahMastah

GuttahMastah

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:40 PM

View PostMr.Orgasmik, on Jul 2 2008, 06:24 PM, said:

wth r u talking. thats a sterotype. u act like everyone in new york did that to that plane. i live here and idk why the :lol: u saying that new york did this and u don't even know if they are doing work in repairing. get your facts straight before u start saying :lol:.
So if it wasn't New Yorkers, than who was it? :hrmm: :hrmm:

Edited by Donovan., 02 July 2008 - 05:40 PM.

#42 Navy2

Navy2

Orville Reincarnate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:26 PM

View PostDonovan., on Jul 2 2008, 03:40 PM, said:

wth r u talking. thats a sterotype. u act like everyone in new york did that to that plane. i live here and idk why the :lol: u saying that new york did this and u don't even know if they are doing work in repairing. get your facts straight before u start saying :lol:.
God.

#43 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:26 PM

View PostMr.Orgasmik, on Jul 2 2008, 11:24 PM, said:

View PostDonovan., on Jul 2 2008, 11:40 PM, said:

wth r u talking. thats a sterotype. u act like everyone in new york did that to that plane. i live here and idk why the :hrmm: u saying that new york did this and u don't even know if they are doing work in repairing. get your facts straight before u start saying :hrmm:.
So if it wasn't New Yorkers, than who was it? :no: :lol:

This happened this week not 2 years ago. So Mr Ogasmik when you planning to fix G-BOAD Cockpit windows. Damaged by New york City Gangstas ermmmm 3 1/2 years ago?

It really does show how much your care about this plane - that made your economy boom.

I am just a little pissed off with what New york City the rightfull Guardian off it now has done to it. It's got Bird :hrmm: all over it like this Posted Image how would you like a 747 treated that way? It's windows are smashed and it's interior trashed. Last but not least who let a :) Lorry onto an airfield to drive through the Concorde. It's an airfield my friend not a Public Road.

Loose the attitude as well. It's my countries plane - If you was in my boots you would feel the same.

Edited by G-BOAC, 02 July 2008 - 06:28 PM.

#44 Navy2

Navy2

Orville Reincarnate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:52 PM

View Postfranthree, on Jul 2 2008, 03:28 PM, said:

Blame the  Federal Gov!
BLAME CANADA!

#45 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 06:54 PM

I'm going to say this again-you really, really need to calm down. You're reacting to a broken piece of metal like a human atrocity.

#46 franthree

franthree

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:17 PM

View PostNavy2, on Jul 2 2008, 07:52 PM, said:

View Postfranthree, on Jul 2 2008, 03:28 PM, said:

Blame the  Federal Gov!
BLAME CANADA!

:hrmm: Blame BUSH :hrmm:  :lol:  :lol:  :hrmm:

#47 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 07:57 PM

You all are idiots..

Quick to throw the blame game around, not knowing how or why it happened..  

And a broken nose cone?  Not nearly enough damage as AF4590

#48 FL050

FL050

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 08:56 PM

Loose the attitude as well. It's my countries plane - If you was in my boots you would feel the same.

You should heed your own advice.  Just because your country created the plane doesn't give you the right to start stereotyping and blaming other people when you have no idea about the situation, rather than assumptions from the media.

#49 The Boss.

The Boss.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

[quote name='fluff' post='1835673' date='Jul 3 2008, 03:24 AM'][quote name='The Boss.' post='1835654' date='Jul 2 2008, 06:12 PM'][quote name='G-BOAC' post='1835639' date='Jul 3 2008, 03:06 AM']Now listen here - I don't have anything against New york. I want to go there one time as it's a very vibrant city and lively.

Now there is 50,000 other places in the world and a huge majority who can take care of her. Yet we give it to you to look after and you treat her like the way you treat your 707's.

This is the fact - Concorde's nose cone cannot be replaced unless a plastic or wooden replica is place on it. They stopped making this stuff in the last millennium.

I really don't think you get it -New York have been given loads of chances to restore her and they can't be asked. Give it to Atlanta or somewere that wants it.[/quote]
How about we stop playing politician, mate? You can't say 'New York :lol: Up'. The entire city is not responsible for the looking after of that aircraft. You're 15 mate, you are in no position to be talking about how many chances New York has had at anything. Also, you had absolutely no part in the production of the aircraft, or the fact that that particular aircraft resides in New York. You talk about it as if you personally gave NYC that aircraft to look after. The aircraft will be looked after and repaired eventually, why can't you just leave it at that?
[/quote]

[/quote]
How does that work - I'm Australian.  :cat:

[quote name='G-BOAC' post='1835680' date='Jul 3 2008, 03:32 AM'][quote name='The Boss.' post='1835654' date='Jul 2 2008, 06:12 PM'][quote name='G-BOAC' post='1835639' date='Jul 3 2008, 03:06 AM']Now listen here - I don't have anything against New york. I want to go there one time as it's a very vibrant city and lively.

Now there is 50,000 other places in the world and a huge majority who can take care of her. Yet we give it to you to look after and you treat her like the way you treat your 707's.

This is the fact - Concorde's nose cone cannot be replaced unless a plastic or wooden replica is place on it. They stopped making this stuff in the last millennium.

I really don't think you get it -New York have been given loads of chances to restore her and they can't be asked. Give it to Atlanta or somewere that wants it.[/quote]
How about we stop playing politician, mate? You can't say 'New York :lol: Up'. The entire city is not responsible for the looking after of that aircraft. You're 15 mate, you are in no position to be talking about how many chances New York has had at anything. Also, you had absolutely no part in the production of the aircraft, or the fact that that particular aircraft resides in New York. You talk about it as if you personally gave NYC that aircraft to look after. The aircraft will be looked after and repaired eventually, why can't you just leave it at that?
[/quote]

Get your facts straight.

This Country that i am part off gave New york City - Yes New york City the responsibility to look after and see to her.

They were to repair a broken window- Let me see about 3 1/2 years ago? New york have been told by BA lots of times now to buck up - i don't know what the consequences are from BA are towards the NY Port Authuroty and Interprid but it should be to give AD to Atlanta or bring her back home.

You say Concorde is not flyable - look at the Vulcan that was dead for many years it's flying now.

[quote]Also, you had absolutely no part in the production of the aircraft, or the fact that that particular aircraft resides in New York.[/quote] You wrong to some extent - The british payed for the thing -  so my Grandad my nan, my great gran parents. So i think you should ask your [url="http://google.com"]Freind[/url] before you go on about i was not part of the production. Of course i bloody was not.

New York did deserve a Concorde but treating it like a tin can is obnoxious and dam right cowardly.

I look foward to your reply that will contain your 15 and blah blah.
[/quote]
No, your country (or probably BA themselves) gave Intrepid the responsibility to look after the aircraft, yet here you go blaming all New Yorkers...

[quote name='Mr.Orgasmik' post='1835951' date='Jul 3 2008, 08:24 AM']wth r u talking. thats a sterotype. u act like everyone in new york did that to that plane. i live here and idk why the :hrmm: u saying that new york did this and u don't even know if they are doing work in repairing. get your facts straight before u start saying :hrmm:.[/quote]
Mate, for once, I agree with you entirely.

[quote name='G-BOAC' post='1835995' date='Jul 3 2008, 09:26 AM'][quote name='Mr.Orgasmik' post='1835951' date='Jul 2 2008, 11:24 PM']wth r u talking. thats a sterotype. u act like everyone in new york did that to that plane. i live here and idk why the :hrmm: u saying that new york did this and u don't even know if they are doing work in repairing. get your facts straight before u start saying :).[/quote]

[quote name='Donovan.' post='1835969' date='Jul 2 2008, 11:40 PM'][quote name='Mr.Orgasmik' post='1835951' date='Jul 2 2008, 06:24 PM']wth r u talking. thats a sterotype. u act like everyone in new york did that to that plane. i live here and idk why the :lol: u saying that new york did this and u don't even know if they are doing work in repairing. get your facts straight before u start saying :no:.[/quote]
So if it wasn't New Yorkers, than who was it? :mmm: :yikes:
[/quote]

This happened this week not 2 years ago. So Mr Ogasmik when you planning to fix G-BOAD Cockpit windows. Damaged by New york City Gangstas ermmmm 3 1/2 years ago?

It really does show how much your care about this plane - that made your economy boom.

I am just a little pissed off with what New york City the rightfull Guardian off it now has done to it. It's got Bird :P all over it like this how would you like a 747 treated that way? It's windows are smashed and it's interior trashed. Last but not least who let a :yikes: Lorry onto an airfield to drive through the Concorde. It's an airfield my friend not a Public Road.

[/quote]
I think that 'pot calling the kettle black' image would be more appropriate as a response to what you just said...

[quote name='NWilkinson' post='1836068' date='Jul 3 2008, 10:57 AM']You all are idiots..

Quick to throw the blame game around, not knowing how or why it happened..  

And a broken nose cone?  Not nearly enough damage as AF4590[/quote]
Nick, that's a fair point. I'm suprised it hasn't been mentioned already...

Edited by The Boss., 02 July 2008 - 10:20 PM.

#50 Noble.

Noble.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 10:41 PM

Robbie, the Concorde is nostalgic world-wide; not just to the UK, but where's the point is maintaining something that doesn't pay-back? It's rather naive of you to simply blame this on New York especially since as stated, it wasn't even their responsibility, and to be quite frank the US probably has more things to worry about.

Edited by Noble., 02 July 2008 - 10:41 PM.

#51 Zak. . .

Zak. . .

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:46 AM

@G-BOAC quit generalizing it wasn't that all 18,000,000 New Yorkers took their little piece of the nose cone.

@Franthree what the :lol: are you talking about, this has nothing to do with the Feds or George Bush, I love when people find lame excuses to blame the government for.

#52 Nextelracer

Nextelracer

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 12:51 AM

It's an airplane guys, jeez. Things can and will be fixed so chill and stop having a panic attack over it.

#53 GuttahMastah

GuttahMastah

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:26 AM

View PostNavy2, on Jul 2 2008, 07:26 PM, said:

View PostDonovan., on Jul 2 2008, 03:40 PM, said:

God.
You know what I mean :hrmm:

#54 Navy2

Navy2

Orville Reincarnate

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,836 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:29 AM

Lets be nice to the Citizens of Newyork who are for the most part unaware that Flloyd Bennet field Exhists.

Let alone that Alpha Delta is present.

Only a small part of the citizens of Newyork will even know AD is there as they have been busy with Life and it"s many challenges living in Newyork is the same as any other big City a challenge.

It is a dialy trial of Survival of the fitest and AD was unlucky enough to meet one off Newyorks Dumbest Citizens in a Truck!

#55 wyoairbus

wyoairbus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:57 AM

My bad if this has been pointed out, but Airliners.net now has a topic over this:

http://www.airliners...4050720/#menu51

To me, I think it's ridiculous how most of the foreigners are acting.

"USA you have lost your right to have the concorde!"

"New York is the worst city in the world for letting this happen!"

Give me a break. Yes the fact that one of the few remaining concordes is in such shape as this is saddening, but this has gotten off hand. First of all, no one even knows HOW she got damaged in the first place. Also, the extent of the damage could be a lot worse, a missing nose cone does not mean the end of the world for this plane.

Worst of all is the stereotyping. I'm hearing comments against the USA and New York that are pretty offensive and do not even need to be said. Saying we and New York no longer have the right to the Concorde is :lol:. A few pictures of the plane with, in my opinion, is little damage and probably easily reparable is no reason to go out on a limb against an entire city or even an entire city.

#56 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 07:28 AM

Well if the Brits wanted to get p/o'd at a broken nose cone...  

Then let us Americans get p/o'd at the Brits for being the first to crash a 777.

#57 tropicalfish

tropicalfish

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,935 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:09 AM

View PostNWilkinson, on Jul 3 2008, 07:28 AM, said:

Then let us Americans get p/o'd at the Brits for being the first to crash a 777.
Best ever  :lol: :lol: :hrmm:

#58 Salem

Salem

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,966 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:53 AM

View PostNWilkinson, on Jul 3 2008, 04:28 PM, said:

:lol: yeah, it was disappointing that the lucky 777 went down.

#59 Andrewsarchus

Andrewsarchus

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:37 AM

We never crashed it. The plane took itself out. :lol:

#60 spitfir3

spitfir3

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:48 AM

But tbh, it was an american part that failed :lol: (I think) remember the incident where a 777 "lost power on 1 engine" and there was emphasis on the RR engines? turned out that the co pilot moved one the throttles back to idle :lol:

Nah but seriously, ignore what the OP is saying - it's turning into a silly 'vs' war. He's  seemingly trying to get a "the Americans hate the Concorde and blahblah" nonsense.. we know it's not true.. so to all NYers/Americans please ignore the OP and don't take any personal offence!

And I agree with the fact that financial situation is the real decider here and it's not like they don't care about it.. i'm sure it'll be repaired soon.

Edited by spitfir3, 03 July 2008 - 09:50 AM.