* - - - - 2 votes

You New Yorkers have Destroyed Concorde G-BOAD!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

#21 The Boss.

The Boss.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:54 AM

View PostAmericanAirFan, on Jul 3 2008, 02:51 AM, said:

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 11:50 AM, said:

View PostAmericanAirFan, on Jul 2 2008, 11:47 AM, said:

I think that nothing is being done to restore that Concorde.

You expect them to get a nosecone for a long-out of production plane overnight?

Sure why not just fabricate one.
Easier said that done... :lol:

#22 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:56 AM

View PostThe Boss., on Jul 2 2008, 11:54 AM, said:

+1. Unless you want a sloppy job, work like that takes time and effort. Why do you think simpler aircraft then this take sometimes two or three years to restore by even the most dedicated teams?

#23 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:58 AM

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 11:56 AM, said:

+1. Unless you want a sloppy job, work like that takes time and effort. Why do you think simpler aircraft then this take sometimes two or three years to restore by even the most dedicated teams?

Well I can tell you it takes a while of not caring to let it get to the state it has become to say the least.

#24 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:04 PM

View PostAmericanAirFan, on Jul 2 2008, 11:58 AM, said:

Well I can tell you it takes a while of not caring to let it get to the state it has become to say the least.

Let's see...this topic got started June 30th on the other forums, so it couldn't have happened much longer before. And this is July 2nd....

#25 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:06 PM

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 12:04 PM, said:

View PostAmericanAirFan, on Jul 2 2008, 11:58 AM, said:

Let's see...this topic got started June 30th on the other forums, so it couldn't have happened much longer before. And this is July 2nd....

I'm not just talking about the nose cone, I mean the overall well being of the aircraft. Bird Crap everywhere and paint flaking off.

#26 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:06 PM

Now listen here - I don't have anything against New york. I want to go there one time as it's a very vibrant city and lively.

Now there is 50,000 other places in the world and a huge majority who can take care of her. Yet we give it to you to look after and you treat her like the way you treat your 707's.

This is the fact - Concorde's nose cone cannot be replaced unless a plastic or wooden replica is place on it. They stopped making this stuff in the last millennium.

I really don't think you get it -New York have been given loads of chances to restore her and they can't be asked. Give it to Atlanta or somewere that wants it.

Edited by G-BOAC, 02 July 2008 - 12:07 PM.

#27 The Boss.

The Boss.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:12 PM

View PostG-BOAC, on Jul 3 2008, 03:06 AM, said:

Now listen here - I don't have anything against New york. I want to go there one time as it's a very vibrant city and lively.

Now there is 50,000 other places in the world and a huge majority who can take care of her. Yet we give it to you to look after and you treat her like the way you treat your 707's.

This is the fact - Concorde's nose cone cannot be replaced unless a plastic or wooden replica is place on it. They stopped making this stuff in the last millennium.

I really don't think you get it -New York have been given loads of chances to restore her and they can't be asked. Give it to Atlanta or somewere that wants it.
How about we stop playing politician, mate? You can't say 'New York :lol: Up'. The entire city is not responsible for the looking after of that aircraft. You're 15 mate, you are in no position to be talking about how many chances New York has had at anything. Also, you had absolutely no part in the production of the aircraft, or the fact that that particular aircraft resides in New York. You talk about it as if you personally gave NYC that aircraft to look after. The aircraft will be looked after and repaired eventually, why can't you just leave it at that?

#28 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:18 PM

Meh. New York MAY have deserved one (especially if Barbados did  :lol:). But putting it on a BARGE?! Next to some aircraft carrier? Seriously... why don't they paint it green and yellow and tow it behind PT Barnum's traveling circus

View PostThe Boss., on Jul 2 2008, 01:12 PM, said:

The aircraft will be looked after and repaired eventually, why can't you just leave it at that?

Actions speak stronger than words :lol:

#29 The Boss.

The Boss.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:19 PM

View PostDuke, on Jul 3 2008, 03:18 AM, said:

Meh. New York MAY have deserved one (especially if Barbados did  :lol:). But putting it on a BARGE?! Next to some aircraft carrier? Seriously... why don't they paint it green and yellow and tow it behind PT Barnum's traveling circus

View PostThe Boss., on Jul 2 2008, 01:12 PM, said:

The aircraft will be looked after and repaired eventually, why can't you just leave it at that?

Actions speak stronger than words :lol:
Haha, that's true, mate.

#30 fluffy

fluffy

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:24 PM

View PostThe Boss., on Jul 2 2008, 06:12 PM, said:

How about we stop playing politician, mate? You can't say 'New York :lol: Up'. The entire city is not responsible for the looking after of that aircraft. You're 15 mate, you are in no position to be talking about how many chances New York has had at anything. Also, you had absolutely no part in the production of the aircraft, or the fact that that particular aircraft resides in New York. You talk about it as if you personally gave NYC that aircraft to look after. The aircraft will be looked after and repaired eventually, why can't you just leave it at that?

Posted Image

#31 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:26 PM

Here's what wikipedia says on this: " Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum, New York, USA; in December 2006, the aircraft was temporarily moved to Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn for the duration of restoration and rehabilitation work on Intrepid and the pier at which Intrepid and Concorde were located, expected to last until 2008"

So quite obvious funding has nothing to do with it.

Edited by Perriwen, 02 July 2008 - 12:28 PM.

#32 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:31 PM

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 01:26 PM, said:

Here's what wikipedia says on this: " Intrepid Sea-Air-Space Museum, New York, USA; in December 2006, the aircraft was temporarily moved to Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn for the duration of restoration and rehabilitation work on Intrepid and the pier at which Intrepid and Concorde were located, expected to last until 2008"

Hopefully they will have the Concorde looking brand new within the next 4 months. Otherwise they might as well forget about it completely.

#33 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:32 PM

View PostThe Boss., on Jul 2 2008, 06:12 PM, said:

Get your facts straight.

This Country that i am part off gave New york City - Yes New york City the responsibility to look after and see to her.

They were to repair a broken window- Let me see about 3 1/2 years ago? New york have been told by BA lots of times now to buck up - i don't know what the consequences are from BA are towards the NY Port Authuroty and Interprid but it should be to give AD to Atlanta or bring her back home.

You say Concorde is not flyable - look at the Vulcan that was dead for many years it's flying now.

Also, you had absolutely no part in the production of the aircraft, or the fact that that particular aircraft resides in New York.
You wrong to some extent - The british payed for the thing -  so my Grandad my nan, my great gran parents. So i think you should ask your Freind before you go on about i was not part of the production. Of course i bloody was not.

New York did deserve a Concorde but treating it like a tin can is obnoxious and dam right cowardly.

I look foward to your reply that will contain your 15 and blah blah.

#34 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 12:34 PM

View PostDuke, on Jul 2 2008, 12:31 PM, said:

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 01:26 PM, said:

Hopefully they will have the Concorde looking brand new within the next 4 months. Otherwise they might as well forget about it completely.

Unless they intend to move the concorde back later when they can devote their full restore attention to it. Exhibits will likely come back in time.

By the way, Intrepid's website says they re-open in early November.

Edited by Perriwen, 02 July 2008 - 12:35 PM.

#35 learjet45dream

learjet45dream

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:03 PM

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 10:13 AM, said:

View PostAmericanAirFan, on Jul 2 2008, 11:07 AM, said:

I would've agreed with you, but if you take the time to read the forum post G-BOAC gladly provided you will see that New York is treating this Concorde like a POS. Rumor has it they ran out of funding to restore it. I too am very appalled and ashamed of this poor treatment of the Concorde.

Key word: Rumour Who are the sources, other then an internet message board?

View PostAmericanAirFan, on Jul 2 2008, 10:20 AM, said:

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 11:13 AM, said:

I would've agreed with you, but if you take the time to read the forum post G-BOAC gladly provided you will see that New York is treating this Concorde like a POS. Rumor has it they ran out of funding to restore it. I too am very appalled and ashamed of this poor treatment of the Concorde.

http://www.airliners...d.main/4050720/

#36 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 01:24 PM

View Postlearjet45 aka JK, on Jul 2 2008, 01:03 PM, said:

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 10:13 AM, said:

View PostAmericanAirFan, on Jul 2 2008, 10:20 AM, said:

View PostPerriwen, on Jul 2 2008, 11:13 AM, said:

http://www.airliners...d.main/4050720/

What's your point  :lol: form your own opinions enjoy yourself. :lol:

#37 G-BOAC

G-BOAC

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,814 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:08 PM

According to Certain Sources the BA camp are furious and will try and bring her home - I say send her down the east coast towards KATL or Babados for another. But without any BA engineers there to get her airworthy or the state she is in she would not even qualify for FAA Airworthiness let alone the CAA.

The only viable BA Concorde is G-BOAF as Airbus UK keep her near airworthiness.

Would you risk sending G-BOAD across the Atlantic? It might be like the titanic.

#38 franthree

franthree

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:12 PM

:lol: Do not blame New York City but I think the U. S. Federal goverrment has jusridiction over the Concorde. The Intrepid Air and Space museum is A U. S. Goverment agency. Could be a non-profit agency too! Anyone look into this?

#39 Manny

Manny

formerly eee722

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:24 PM

wth r u talking. thats a sterotype. u act like everyone in new york did that to that plane. i live here and idk why the :lol: u saying that new york did this and u don't even know if they are doing work in repairing. get your facts straight before u start saying :lol:.

Edited by Mr.Orgasmik, 02 July 2008 - 05:25 PM.

#40 franthree

franthree

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:28 PM

Blame the  Federal Gov!