- - - - -

virtualBlue Airways : Announcement

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
65 replies to this topic

#1 Captain.Calderin

Captain.Calderin

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 04:12 PM

virtualBlue Airways
Tuesday, July 21st 2009

Whats going on guys.

virtualBlue Airways has officially begun laying the bricks of foundation for a virtual airline that we hope is going to blow your minds away. We held our first official (3hr30mn) board meeting on June 20th and so far we believe that we are heading in the right direction in terms of opening up the virtual airline to BETA testers. We look to have that all set up for you guys hopefully by the first week of August.

Now before some of you go on spamming this topic with the usual notorious garbage that some of you usually spam it with, we in fact are following a limited (and strict) agreement with JetBlue Airways Corp.

By that, I mean that we have been given strict guidelines to follow for us to be allowed to use the virtualBlue name. So hold your tongue.

Anyhow.

virtualBlue is looking for a few qualified individuals to help test our airline systems out. This means that you will be given access to our crew intranet to test out and give feedback on. You would also be invited to attend our board meetings in which we will then listen to your thoughts and opinions regarding the virtual airline.

As ludicrous as this may sound to some of you, virtualBlue Airways will be screening each individual that comes forth. We are doing this to ensure that we have professional individuals on our team. This process has been put in place because of the recent talks of holding Virtual Airlines accountable for airline staff (including pilots) behavior on the VATSIM network, which is our home network.

You can read more about that Here

--

Also, we are looking for an experience screenshot artist to take screenshots of our fleet. This individual should have extensive knowledge with a respectable photo editing software. Most, if not all, of these screenshots will be displayed on our website for illustration purposes.

--

Thats about it. I look forward to hearing from many of you.

#2 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 05:49 PM

nice press release but I am puzzled.

If your VA's name is virtualBlue Airway which does NOT bear same name as JetBlue, then why did you need and seek permission from JetBlue??

Aharon

#3 Paul Marcus

Paul Marcus

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:03 PM

View PostAharon, on Jul 21 2009, 06:49 PM, said:

If your VA's name is virtualBlue Airway which does NOT bear same name as JetBlue, then why did you need and seek permission from JetBlue??

Aharon

Aharon this not uncommon. It is just a title for the VA. It is Jetblue ops. It is their routes and livery, what is so hard to understand?

And finally a good jetBlue VA. So many :hrmm: ones out there. I and many others, including a jetBlue staff member are pleased to see this. That fact you have a strict contract with them is proof that jetblue feels you will do a good enough job with their operation.

Sadly your last attempt at a strict VA did not work
http://www.flightsim...p;#entry2023755

#4 Greeney

Greeney

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:11 PM

View PostPaul Marcus, on Jul 21 2009, 07:03 PM, said:

View PostAharon, on Jul 21 2009, 06:49 PM, said:

Aharon

Aharon this not uncommon. It is just a title for the VA. It is Jetblue ops. It is their routes and livery, what is so hard to understand?

And finally a good jetBlue VA. So many :hrmm: ones out there. I and many others, including a jetBlue staff member are pleased to see this. That fact you have a strict contract with them is proof that jetblue feels you will do a good enough job with their operation.

Sadly your last attempt at a strict VA did not work
http://www.flightsim...p;#entry2023755

Did you say "jetBlue Staff Member"? JetBlue has crewmembers!

Very against branding guidelines.

The crewmembers within VirtualBlue will do their best to make it the best VA they can.

Also the fact that I'm not bashing this should be an omen to the airline.

Edited by Greeney, 21 July 2009 - 06:13 PM.

#5 Captain.Calderin

Captain.Calderin

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:13 PM

Paul,

Im glad you brought that previous topic up.

Our last attempt at virtualBlue was spoiled because we were contacted by Jetblue asking for a C&D. So we did. We worked some things out and have spoken to a few consultants on how to proceed with the virtual airline without violating any terms and without giving the real world airline itself a bad image. We are working exclusively with members within Jetblue Airways Corp to ensure that everything runs smoothly.

#6 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:22 PM

View PostPaul Marcus, on Jul 21 2009, 07:03 PM, said:

Paul,

Excuse me    This press release made no mention that this new VA would be using similar routes and livery as JetBlue. If the press release had shown screenshots of the JetBlue style livery of the new VA, then I would understand why this VA needed permission from JetBlue.

Or otherwise I failed to see any reason for need to get permission from JetBlue solely based on virtualBlue name.

Aharon

#7 Captain.Calderin

Captain.Calderin

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 06:24 PM

Aharon,

Sorry for not making that clear. We are in fact a virtual airline based of the ops of B6.

Again, sorry about that.

#8 Paul Marcus

Paul Marcus

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:01 PM

View PostAharon, on Jul 21 2009, 07:22 PM, said:

Paul,

Excuse me    This press release made no mention that this new VA would be using similar routes and livery as JetBlue. If the press release had shown screenshots of the JetBlue style livery of the new VA, then I would understand why this VA needed permission from JetBlue.

Or otherwise I failed to see any reason for need to get permission from JetBlue solely based on virtualBlue name.

Aharon

It is more than obvious Aharon

#9 Aharon

Aharon

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,778 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:53 PM

View PostCaptain.Calderin, on Jul 21 2009, 07:24 PM, said:

Aharon,

Sorry for not making that clear. We are in fact a virtual airline based of the ops of B6.

Again, sorry about that.

No problem   Thanks for clearing up!! No need to apologize for simple oversight!!  Good luck with your JetBlue theme virtual airline!!

Aharon

#10 fredrick_thy_grt

fredrick_thy_grt

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:53 AM

View PostPaul Marcus, on Jul 21 2009, 04:03 PM, said:

And finally a good jetBlue VA. So many :hrmm: ones out there.

This is another :hrmm: one, trust me I know Mr.Greg here and I remember his attempt and I remember working with him for the short time I did.

SimBlue will be open soon, that will be a VA that does not lack.

#11 Greeney

Greeney

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:21 AM

View Postflynryan692, on Jul 22 2009, 04:53 AM, said:

View PostPaul Marcus, on Jul 21 2009, 04:03 PM, said:

And finally a good jetBlue VA. So many :hrmm: ones out there.

This is another :hrmm: one, trust me I know Mr.Greg here and I remember his attempt and I remember working with him for the short time I did.

SimBlue will be open soon, that will be a VA that does not lack.

It lacks backing from the real airline... SO yes it lacks quite a bit.

#12 Captain.Calderin

Captain.Calderin

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 07:45 AM

Flynryan692,

Thanks for your insight on the capabilities of myself and our crewmembers.  

Our airline has had a few successful attempts at this in which we recruited over 100 ACTIVE pilots in our first month of operations. But what we did lack was the permission, which is what we don't lack now.

Good luck with "simblue" AND SnapJet , im looking forward to a bit of competition in this "industry". If you need any pointers on how to get your VA off the ground for once, Ill be more than glad to help. You have my MSN.

--

I am more than willing to hold an open hearing for all those interested in learning more about our virtual airline. If you are interested, let us know. We are devoted to making sure that everyone, including possible crewmembers, is on the same page in terms of our vision and plan. Until then, you can visit our homepage for weekly updates for the minutes and agenda from our board meetings. You can also take a sneak peak at some of our systems planned.

We have had so far 2 members from this forum PM me to join our BETA testers team.  Keep em' coming!

#13 fredrick_thy_grt

fredrick_thy_grt

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 12:36 PM

Wow, the first time "Virtual Blue" was open it was ran by Ryan Flynn, who later changed the name to SimBlue and took it to where it is today, not you.

As for giving me advice, don't, your simply a person with a nack for photoshop, your rude and inconsiderate.

You think your so leet with your fake site. Its not really much of anything when its 90% nulled Vabase and stolen SimCoa site. I know more about your little Virtual Blue, which will fail again, then you want me to know.

It really cool when several airlines have had the same exact site as you previously, and one does currently.

http://vjetting.real...com/history.php

http://realskynetwor...m/vva/index.php

http://simcoa.org/

Wait until the pilots see the core.

Can't wait until you open, and the emails from Vabase, and SimCoa start rolling in.
Sucks when your webmaster runs his mouth off, then you piss me off.

@Greeney- It doesn't lack that :hrmm:

#14 Greeney

Greeney

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,882 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

View Postflynryan692, on Jul 22 2009, 01:36 PM, said:

Wow, the first time "Virtual Blue" was open it was ran by Ryan Flynn, who later changed the name to SimBlue and took it to where it is today, not you.

As for giving me advice, don't, your simply a person with a nack for photoshop, your rude and inconsiderate.

You think your so leet with your fake site. Its not really much of anything when its 90% nulled Vabase and stolen SimCoa site. I know more about your little Virtual Blue, which will fail again, then you want me to know.

It really cool when several airlines have had the same exact site as you previously, and one does currently.

http://vjetting.real...com/history.php

http://realskynetwor...m/vva/index.php

http://simcoa.org/

Wait until the pilots see the core.

Can't wait until you open, and the emails from Vabase, and SimCoa start rolling in.
Sucks when your webmaster runs his mouth off, then you piss me off.

@Greeney- It doesn't lack that :hrmm:

Actually it does. Remember, when I confirmed that with legal?

#15 fredrick_thy_grt

fredrick_thy_grt

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 02:17 PM

No, I don't, I've never posted SimBlue here, or any where else, you must be think of the other Virtual Jet Blue that was using phpvms as there system...certainly wasn't me.

#16 Cortez

Cortez

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:05 PM

I always did like that SimCoa website though....

#17 Alex_S

Alex_S

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 03:31 PM

simVirginAmerica looks nice just btw :hrmm:

#18 Toyuko

Toyuko

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 04:00 PM

Interesting

#19 Captain.Calderin

Captain.Calderin

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:07 PM

Ryan. Where exactly did you get this information from?
You've been mislead and im sorry for that.

I don't know if you will be able to see this, but here is a link to our website back then. And for those who don't feel like clicking it, here is a post made my Ryan Flynn himself.

http://web.archive.o...irtualblue.com/

Come join us as we celebrate the birth of VATSIM's newest favorite airline. On July 21st at 1800z crew members will meet on the company teamspeak where Greg Calderin, the President & Founder of the airline, will announce the grand opening of an airline that took almost 7 months to prepare. After the opening ceremony, pilots will meet at New Yorks John F Kennedy Intl airport where they will depart for Fort Lauderdale, Florida for its maiden voyage.

Also, the original Simcoa was designed by a firm in which I used to work for, Palarchio Productions. It was coded by Billy Collier and Mike Palarchio. I contributed to that design.

Where exactly is there evidence of Simcoa on our site anyway?

--

Also, our site is BETA. Jeff Nelson, the author of the virgin site gave our coder permission to use the design. We simply just cut the images out and plopped ours in for BETA purposes. As I mentioned in my post earlier, we want BETA testers to give us input on what we can add and implement into our virtual airline to make things better. Honestly, You know I wouldnt put a site like that out as our final product as it is unfinished.

--

Where is simblue today? Seems it was shut down to start another airline, UALVA, which still, Is no where.

--

Now fellas, I am in no way trying to start another meaningless fight here on FSF and I go apologize for the lack of professionalism here. But misinformation is something I will not tolerate. Especially when it is jeopardizing the success of this virtual airline.

--

If ANYONE, would like to see our PSDs and Coding for any part of our site, you are more than welcome to send me a PM via this forum. I would be glad to show you.

Again, I apologize.

One more thing to add.

You messaged my coder in which you said that I lied about having 100 pilots in the first month. We first opened in July 2007, if you take a look at the archive date it is from July 2007. Scroll down a tad bit and you'll see our statistics. So yea I did lie, we had 125 pilots in the first month. Along with 244 flight reports filed and 642 hours flown.

"
Members: 125

Reports Filed: 244

Flight Hours: 642.3

Booked Flights: 4
"

#20 spambot2

spambot2

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 22 July 2009 - 09:07 PM

Just wondering, what makes up the "screening process" every member will have to go through?