- - - - -

Empora Air: Bringing back the pride of the virtual airline

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
73 replies to this topic

#61 goredsox

goredsox

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 06:52 PM

View PostPaul Marcus, on Sep 8 2009, 06:50 PM, said:

Site is now 100% IE and other browser compatible.

Interesting...

Good choice.

Just for constructive criticism...the homepage (and a couple of other pages but not too bad) is a little disorganized and doesn't have many clean lines.  For instance, the center block of banners/text isn't centered in between the two side bars and the side bars are slightly misaligned.  So my suggestion is to just work on cleaning up the formatting a little of that homepage and you will surely attract more pilots right from the start.  It looks good but there are still some little things that can be improved.

And as I said, making it compatible with multiple browsers is the right thing to do. :hrmm:   Good luck. :hrmm:

#62 Fourtyfreak

Fourtyfreak

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 06:59 AM

View PostPaul Marcus, on Sep 8 2009, 11:50 PM, said:

Good on ya, Paul.  :hrmm:

It now means I can view your site on my work PC as well as my laptop at home... Not all of us get the option to choose our browsers at work...

Paul

#63 Jambone

Jambone

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:30 PM

View PostPilotCallum, on Sep 8 2009, 06:28 PM, said:

View PostPaul Marcus, on Sep 7 2009, 10:48 PM, said:

We wanted the better crop of pilots. The pilots that are up to date with the latest technology, and no offense to anyone but IE users are just not modern enough for us, I guess. I understand there are too many VA's, and in case you did not know we are far from a start up as we have been around 2 years. Once again sorry but the membership and activity statistics are not matching up with the theories of some here.

What a load of nonsense! Didn't know whether to laugh or punch my screen in anger when I read that post.
Someone needs a life :hrmm:

#64 PilotCallum

PilotCallum

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 12:41 PM

View PostJambone, on Sep 9 2009, 06:30 PM, said:

View PostPilotCallum, on Sep 8 2009, 06:28 PM, said:

View PostPaul Marcus, on Sep 7 2009, 10:48 PM, said:

We wanted the better crop of pilots. The pilots that are up to date with the latest technology, and no offense to anyone but IE users are just not modern enough for us, I guess. I understand there are too many VA's, and in case you did not know we are far from a start up as we have been around 2 years. Once again sorry but the membership and activity statistics are not matching up with the theories of some here.

What a load of nonsense! Didn't know whether to laugh or punch my screen in anger when I read that post.
Someone needs a life :hrmm:

AHAHAH! Yeh good one. Actually, No. I don't need a life, I have a perfectly fine one, that doesn't revolve around downloading the up to date browsers to keep me in trend with my online flight sim pen pals.

#65 Jambone

Jambone

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,274 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:29 PM

Yet involves punching the screen because..awh, Pauly wants to run his VA his way. Stop giving a :hrmm: so much dude.

#66 PilotCallum

PilotCallum

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:54 PM

View PostJambone, on Sep 9 2009, 07:29 PM, said:

Yet involves punching the screen because..awh, Pauly wants to run his VA his way. Stop giving a :hrmm: so much dude.

Awww is poor love-struck Jambone so naive he doesn't actually realise when somebody is over-exagerrating a point. You'd have to be pretty sad to think i'd actually contemplate punching a christ knows how much £'s worth of screen over how an American kid wants to run his virtual airline... seriously. Stop butting in if you really have nothing useful to say, basically stop butting in because you never have anything useful to say.  :hrmm:

I was pretty peeved that Paul Marcus... the same Paul Marcus that moans he doesn't have enough pilots and can't think why because his virtual airline is apparently sooooo amazing, would attempt to belittle me because I don't masterbate over firefox updates. IE does what I need it do, and if I and thousands of other pilots who think the same aren't welcome into his highly over-rated virtual airline, so be it.

#67 Paul Marcus

Paul Marcus

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 01:54 PM

View PostFourtyfreak, on Sep 9 2009, 07:59 AM, said:

View PostPaul Marcus, on Sep 8 2009, 11:50 PM, said:

Good on ya, Paul.  :hrmm:

It now means I can view your site on my work PC as well as my laptop at home... Not all of us get the option to choose our browsers at work...

Paul

If you are going to look at our site at home and at work, do you plan on joining? :hrmm:

#68 Cortez

Cortez

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,862 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:20 PM

View PostPilotCallum, on Sep 9 2009, 11:54 AM, said:

View PostJambone, on Sep 9 2009, 07:29 PM, said:

Awww is poor love-struck Jambone so naive he doesn't actually realise when somebody is over-exagerrating a point. You'd have to be pretty sad to think i'd actually contemplate punching a christ knows how much £'s worth of screen over how an American kid wants to run his virtual airline... seriously. Stop butting in if you really have nothing useful to say, basically stop butting in because you never have anything useful to say.  :hrmm:

I was pretty peeved that Paul Marcus... the same Paul Marcus that moans he doesn't have enough pilots and can't think why because his virtual airline is apparently sooooo amazing, would attempt to belittle me because I don't masterbate over firefox updates. IE does what I need it do, and if I and thousands of other pilots who think the same aren't welcome into his highly over-rated virtual airline, so be it.
That WHOLE post, you just contradicted yourself.
It's called PM's kiddies.

#69 Fourtyfreak

Fourtyfreak

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 05:01 AM

View PostPaul Marcus, on Sep 9 2009, 07:54 PM, said:

If you are going to look at our site at home and at work, do you plan on joining? :hrmm:

I must admit I'm tempted by the Airbuses, even though I mostly fly GA... Which Airbus models do you use? Your site doesn't specify.

Paul

#70 RWY 15

RWY 15

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 12:21 PM

View PostPaul Marcus, on Sep 7 2009, 02:48 PM, said:

I find it interesting that you decided to mention sophistication and modern in the same post.

Having developed and deployed many websites during my career, it was never a issue of appealing to an end users level of 'sophistication' or 'modernization' in making a website look aesthetically good. I believe you have switched the lack of 'sophistication' and 'modernization' from your development staff, to your potential user base.

It is indeed your developers lack of the aforementioned skill set that resulted in your decision to cut out IE users, and then blanket them as non-sophisticated. The fact is, you couldn't produce a product that fits both criteria. Shame on you; not shame on IE users.

Good luck with the VA, Paul.

#71 Paul Marcus

Paul Marcus

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:16 PM

View PostFourtyfreak, on Sep 11 2009, 06:01 AM, said:

View PostPaul Marcus, on Sep 9 2009, 07:54 PM, said:

I must admit I'm tempted by the Airbuses, even though I mostly fly GA... Which Airbus models do you use? Your site doesn't specify.

Paul

It does specify, we have a fleet section of the website, under the Services menu: http://emporavirtual.com/fleet.php

View PostRWY 15, on Sep 11 2009, 01:21 PM, said:

View PostPaul Marcus, on Sep 7 2009, 02:48 PM, said:

I find it interesting that you decided to mention sophistication and modern in the same post.

Having developed and deployed many websites during my career, it was never a issue of appealing to an end users level of 'sophistication' or 'modernization' in making a website look aesthetically good. I believe you have switched the lack of 'sophistication' and 'modernization' from your development staff, to your potential user base.

It is indeed your developers lack of the aforementioned skill set that resulted in your decision to cut out IE users, and then blanket them as non-sophisticated. The fact is, you couldn't produce a product that fits both criteria. Shame on you; not shame on IE users.

Good luck with the VA, Paul.

View PostPaul Marcus, on Sep 8 2009, 06:50 PM, said:

#72 Fourtyfreak

Fourtyfreak

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:31 PM

View PostPaul Marcus, on Sep 11 2009, 08:16 PM, said:

It does specify, we have a fleet section of the website, under the Services menu: http://emporavirtual.com/fleet.php

Ah, No... What I meant to say was... Who's aircraft models are you using, POSKY, Project Airbus, etc? Am rather fond of the PSS range of buses myself so it would be nice if there was a paint for them.

Sorry for the confusion.

Paul

#73 Paul Marcus

Paul Marcus

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,667 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 02:41 PM

View PostFourtyfreak, on Sep 11 2009, 03:31 PM, said:

View PostPaul Marcus, on Sep 11 2009, 08:16 PM, said:

Ah, No... What I meant to say was... Who's aircraft models are you using, POSKY, Project Airbus, etc? Am rather fond of the PSS range of buses myself so it would be nice if there was a paint for them.

Sorry for the confusion.

Paul

Sorry, uhm we use POSKY for A332 and the 762. Project Airbus for the A320. The 772LR will be POSKY in the future. We have gotten many requests for the payware repaints, we waited to see how much activity we would have before commissioning them. In the next 2 months(?), sometime within that we'll have some payware paints done. We are going to poll which ones to do on our forum.

#74 Fourtyfreak

Fourtyfreak

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 September 2009 - 03:47 PM

View PostPaul Marcus, on Sep 11 2009, 08:41 PM, said:

Sorry, uhm we use POSKY for A332 and the 762. Project Airbus for the A320. The 772LR will be POSKY in the future. We have gotten many requests for the payware repaints, we waited to see how much activity we would have before commissioning them. In the next 2 months(?), sometime within that we'll have some payware paints done. We are going to poll which ones to do on our forum.

Ah great... If your buses are POSKY and Project Airbus based, it'll probably be easier for you to simply make instructions available to merge the panels. At least till you get some decent results from your poll.

Paul