#61 fluffy

fluffy

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:46 AM

View PostIan Marsh, on Nov 16 2009, 12:55 AM, said:

To be honest Manchester EGCC yesterday was pretty quiet, there was hardly any traffic ?

The UK is busiest from around 1800 onwards until around 2100 in the evening - I was doing a shift on Manchester Director last night and there was a fair few inbounds, at one point we had 4 or 5 in the RMA at once.

When you've got your confidence up and can fly happily despite what ATC throw at you, try Heathrow when it's manned - Heathrow is the busiest airport on VATSIM and there is always something going on - at peak times you'll be lucky to get a word in on the frequency.

#62 niteye

niteye

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:02 AM

Yeah I find it a shame that centers are only staffed during the evening in Europe. And because I'm in Europe, I am never in the US peak hour (unless it's like 6AM here). And the rest of the world like Russia, Afric, Asia are pretty much neglected most of the time. When I'm off work during the day there aren't any centers online anywhere.

#63 Ian Marsh

Ian Marsh

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:22 AM

Thanks guys. I have now downloaded vatspy, so a little more progress there. One other question I have, is regarding the parking and taxi at all airports. I see some aircraft hovering above the taxiway and some taxi on the grass ? I assumed that if you fly online, it makes good sense for everyone to use the default AFCAD's, so that way it is generic across the board ? I can only assume the reason I am seeing aircraft behaving strange, is because of the add-on airports and the different AFCAD files that people are using ?

Also, why is it I see every 737 in the Boeing livery and all A321's in the default world travel livery ? Is there anyway to fix this ? or is it because some users are using the default aircraft on vatsim ? If I delete the traffic.bgl (which I have done for my WOAI) then what would user aircraft show up as ? Can WOAI be incorporated as a replacement for users liveries ? or even POSKY or Project Airbus be a suitable substitute ?

Many thanks

Ian.

#64 Cosmin P.

Cosmin P.

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 07:55 AM

View PostIan Marsh, on Nov 16 2009, 02:22 PM, said:

Thanks guys. I have now downloaded vatspy, so a little more progress there. One other question I have, is regarding the parking and taxi at all airports. I see some aircraft hovering above the taxiway and some taxi on the grass ? I assumed that if you fly online, it makes good sense for everyone to use the default AFCAD's, so that way it is generic across the board ? I can only assume the reason I am seeing aircraft behaving strange, is because of the add-on airports and the different AFCAD files that people are using ?

Also, why is it I see every 737 in the Boeing livery and all A321's in the default world travel livery ? Is there anyway to fix this ? or is it because some users are using the default aircraft on vatsim ? If I delete the traffic.bgl (which I have done for my WOAI) then what would user aircraft show up as ? Can WOAI be incorporated as a replacement for users liveries ? or even POSKY or Project Airbus be a suitable substitute ?

Many thanks

Ian.

No you can't.When you install SB or Fsinn you also instal few ugly models of different aircraft type.There is no way to add your own traffic.The planes float above the taxiway due to internet connection of different users!If you live in US and I connect from romania It's obvious that the internet is not that fast!

#65 Snafu

Snafu

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:03 AM

View PostCosmin P., on Nov 16 2009, 12:55 PM, said:

Many thanks

Ian.

No you can't.When you install SB or Fsinn you also instal few ugly models of different aircraft type.There is no way to add your own traffic.The planes float above the taxiway due to internet connection of different users!If you live in US and I connect from romania It's obvious that the internet is not that fast!
Actually, if you use FSINN you can configure it to use whatever models you like with no problems. I've done it .

Edited by TheAviationWolf, 16 November 2009 - 08:04 AM.

#66 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:47 AM

Yes using FSinn it will use what ever AI pacakage you use aswel as all your nice high poly models you fly. If you want to change what you see Ian, click Advance, PLA and then double click on the aircraft you don't see with the right livery and change it in the list, simples :hrmm:

View PostCosmin P., on Nov 16 2009, 08:55 AM, said:

Many thanks

Ian.

Sorry Cosmin you are wrong mate! Fsinn and SB can both be made to use different model sets, Fsinn is much easier and has a lot of neat functions so i tend to use FSinn.

Planes hovering and the likes tends to be diff sceneries, and the placement of the scenery.

Edited by wynthorpe, 16 November 2009 - 08:48 AM.

#67 Cosmin P.

Cosmin P.

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:54 AM

View Postwynthorpe, on Nov 16 2009, 03:47 PM, said:

Yes using FSinn it will use what ever AI pacakage you use aswel as all your nice high poly models you fly. If you want to change what you see Ian, click Advance, PLA and then double click on the aircraft you don't see with the right livery and change it in the list, simples :hrmm:

View PostCosmin P., on Nov 16 2009, 08:55 AM, said:

Many thanks

Ian.

Sorry Cosmin you are wrong mate! Fsinn and SB can both be made to use different model sets, Fsinn is much easier and has a lot of neat functions so i tend to use FSinn.

Planes hovering and the likes tends to be diff sceneries, and the placement of the scenery.

Ok mate,I told what I knew...is there a tutorial how to change the models,I would love to see more rounded shaped planes instead of my arrows  :hrmm: glad you told me!cheers mate!

#68 Ian Marsh

Ian Marsh

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:18 PM

Many thanks guys for the explanations. However I have decided to try IVAO. The fact that it comes with over 3000 aircraft and liveries ready to install for user aircraft really impresses me. I did have a look at the editing process for vatsim regarding the liveries, but I found it all a little tedious to be honest.

So I now have IVAO up and running and I am very impressed with it so far. Also most of my flights will be in Europe so from what I have read IVAO is very good for that.  :hrmm:

Ian.

#69 fluffy

fluffy

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 08:26 PM

I use the IVAO models on VATSIM :hrmm:

#70 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:13 AM

View PostIan Marsh, on Nov 16 2009, 09:18 PM, said:

Many thanks guys for the explanations. However I have decided to try IVAO. The fact that it comes with over 3000 aircraft and liveries ready to install for user aircraft really impresses me. I did have a look at the editing process for vatsim regarding the liveries, but I found it all a little tedious to be honest.

So I now have IVAO up and running and I am very impressed with it so far. Also most of my flights will be in Europe so from what I have read IVAO is very good for that.  :hrmm:

Ian.

Ive not tried IVAO purely as they use Teamspeak for comms which i don't think will be much good compared to VATSIM and SB or FSinn.

#71 Snafu

Snafu

Private Pilot - VFR

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 07:23 AM

View Postfluffy, on Nov 17 2009, 01:26 AM, said:

I use the IVAO models on VATSIM :hrmm:
+1

#72 wynthorpe

wynthorpe