- - - - -

July 2004 Screenshot Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

Poll: Your favourite shot: (115 member(s) have cast votes)

Your favourite shot:

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#21 ForD_MusTanG 2005

ForD_MusTanG 2005

formerly HyperActive2005

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,095 posts
  • Location:new york city (staten island) KEWR newark intl (new jersey) is the closest airport to me

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:01 AM

hmm then i was wrong about #6being you :o o well NICE SHOT  whoever u r

#22 Andre_Kellner

Andre_Kellner

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:18 AM

#23 royisher

royisher

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,900 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 02:18 AM

my vote went for #7 :o

#24 Heritage

Heritage

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 03:52 AM

16 is a fantastic shot, thats why I voted for it.
the scenery and plane make the shot awesome.
:o

#25 Mango

Mango

Contributor\First Class Member

• 11,952 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 04:04 AM

Wow  :o  - this get very interesting !  :o

#26 dc30

dc30

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 04:49 AM

Shot 16 got my vote  :o  :o

#27 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 05:19 AM

ROFL!! I usually forfeit my vote if one of my screenshots is in the competition, but I just noticed how BAD my shot is compared to the others.. lol.. It sucks!! :o

So I voted 16. The weather and scenery effects are incredible.

#28 Ares

Ares

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Location:Let me get a map here... er... this is a napkin. (Kahului, Maui)

Posted 03 July 2004 - 05:46 AM

Eighteen for me. I would've voted for Three but the composition is just so dull.

#29 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 07:01 AM

My thoughts exactly. It looks very pretty, but its just a nice plane plonked over some nice scenery.

#30 ADSimpson

ADSimpson

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 09:33 AM

So much for my secret weapon. :o   I guess for the next contest I have to buy the Citation X, and some really high detailed scenery... :o

#31 Fox

Fox

Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 09:35 AM

ADSimpson, on Jul 3 2004, 10:33 AM, said:

So much for my secret weapon. :o   I guess for the next contest I have to buy the Citation X, and some really high detailed scenery... :o
Yeah, even though it is a very nice shot... Its just a bunch of payware, come on people!

#32 ADSimpson

ADSimpson

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 09:41 AM

Fox666, on Jul 3 2004, 10:35 AM, said:

ADSimpson, on Jul 3 2004, 10:33 AM, said:

So much for my secret weapon. :o   I guess for the next contest I have to buy the Citation X, and some really high detailed scenery... :o
Yeah, even though it is a very nice shot... Its just a bunch of payware, come on people!
Yeah, I think that people should vote on the real beauty of FS.  (No offense to the author of #3)  I think people should base their votes on how well the shot was timed in the conditions.  (Sunrise on the water, sunset on the clouds, the sun producing shadows in the mountains in the late afternoon, etc.)  Mango, for example, just look at the shots than won him those two other contests, they bring out the breathtaking graphics that flightsim has to offer.  Okay, now I know that this post will start a war. :o

#33 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 09:49 AM

post removed

Edited by Byron, 03 July 2004 - 02:56 PM.

#34 Jon

Jon

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:57 AM

On the other hand, shots with lots of payware *do* look really nice.  Payware or not, I vote for shots that have the best setup (camera angles, content, etc).  

If your shot was not accepted PM Byron about it.  No need to clutter up this thread - already lots of reading to do!

#35 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2004 - 11:22 AM

Wonderful pics, Jon's right , they're getting more and more realistic as time goes on...

#36 btaylor

btaylor

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 11:37 AM

Number 3. :o   That picture is just gorgeous! :o

Number 3 definitely got my vote.  In my opinion as close to perfection in all respects,  that's why it won my vote.  :o

#37 TeenMaverick

TeenMaverick

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,237 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 11:48 AM

I don't know this month's shots didn't seem to compare to last's month or the month before..

#38 Fox

Fox

Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 11:56 AM

Yeah, I can use megascenery, or georender and just have that in the shot. But I choose not to because this contest isn't about who has the best scenery... With all do respects to the author of 3... There isn't really anything special about it, its just a great plane looking at photorealistic scenery... No great angle, no good clouds, just the scenery.

I am not saying having shots with payware isn't bad, but I believe its not  fair to others who can't afford/can't have payware. But if you don't have the stuff as the *main* thing in the shot like in Mango's last entry its fine. It just compliments the shot. Again, like Mango's shot, he had a nice crisp picture, a great angle, great graphics, and the amazing clouds. That is why he won, not because of the payware.

Also (its not payware but its add-on mesh) in shot 16, even if its add-on mesh that is not why it is doing so good. The clarity and angle, and the way the plane looks like its breaking though the storm is why its doing good~not the add-on mesh.

In my opinion, this contest should be about the shots, not the payware. Just my 2 cents. But the overall desicion comes down to the voters... If you want just a shot that looks good for these reasons, go ahead and vote...

Heh, I was starting to loose it for a moment :o

#39 btaylor

btaylor

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 12:42 PM

Fox666, on Jul 3 2004, 11:56 AM, said:

Chill out dude, you certainly are losing it. You are no longer sounding rational.  With your trying to pound your "truth" into others you're only making yourself sound like a sorry bitter ranting guy.

Everyone has their own opinion of what they like and what they don't like.  What I don't like is people telling others that they should see things their way.  Who died and made you King?  I don't agree with one single thing you posted, and I'm sure there are others, just like Jon who feel the same way.  You don't see me telling other people how they should vote.  That is unfair.

Payware or no payware , I bet all the authors of these shots have worked hard and diligently for their pictures.  I applaud every single one of them. What is not fair is someone who keeps posting attempts trying to influence others.  This is shameful and this should not be allowed.

I read last months scrrenshot  contest and there was a similar problem with some complaning that certain shots were edited.  It just seems that some people are bitter so some reason or another, and they poison it for everyone.   The reason I felt compelled to write a response was just this reason.

Let me make this clear.  The issue now is not about payware vs. non-payware.  If it were then the rules would say so.  This is about poisoning the atmosphere and attempting to influence others.  Attention moderators: please take a note of this behavior, should see to it that this should not happen, and keep the voting clean and pleasant.

Thank you, and God bless.

#40 Fox

Fox

Contributor

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,496 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:34 PM

btaylor, on Jul 3 2004, 01:42 PM, said:

Fox666, on Jul 3 2004, 11:56 AM, said:

Chill out dude, you certainly are losing it. You are no longer sounding rational.  With your trying to pound your "truth" into others you're only making yourself sound like a sorry bitter ranting guy.

Everyone has their own opinion of what they like and what they don't like.  What I don't like is people telling others that they should see things their way.  Who died and made you King?  I don't agree with one single thing you posted, and I'm sure there are others, just like Jon who feel the same way.  You don't see me telling other people how they should vote.  That is unfair.

Payware or no payware , I bet all the authors of these shots have worked hard and diligently for their pictures.  I applaud every single one of them. What is not fair is someone who keeps posting attempts trying to influence others.  This is shameful and this should not be allowed.

I read last months scrrenshot  contest and there was a similar problem with some complaning that certain shots were edited.  It just seems that some people are bitter so some reason or another, and they poison it for everyone.   The reason I felt compelled to write a response was just this reason.

Let me make this clear.  The issue now is not about payware vs. non-payware.  If it were then the rules would say so.  This is about poisoning the atmosphere and attempting to influence others.  Attention moderators: please take a note of this behavior, should see to it that this should not happen, and keep the voting clean and pleasant.

Thank you, and God bless.
I am entitled to my opinion, as you are for just posting that.

I am not telling people what to vote for, hence I said

fox666 said:

But the overall desicion comes down to the voters
Read my previous post a little better, you will see I was just expressing my opinion. Not insulting anyone. (Or at least I did not intend it to)

I am not the type of member that would argue with people. So thats all I have to say.

As for all of the comments you mentioned about me, spoiling the contests, etc... I believe you have no right to judge others. I have done great strides to help this website grow and a lot of things to help it out. I am glad do not take things like that personally :o :o

Edited by Fox666, 03 July 2004 - 01:45 PM.