- - - - -

July 2004 Screenshot Contest

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
113 replies to this topic

Poll: Your favourite shot: (115 member(s) have cast votes)

Your favourite shot:

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#41 matsches

matsches

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 01:40 PM

16 is the best!!! :o

#42 BrianF

BrianF

formerly BrianFeinzimer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 02:31 PM

ADSimpson, on Jul 3 2004, 07:41 AM, said:

Fox666, on Jul 3 2004, 10:35 AM, said:

ADSimpson, on Jul 3 2004, 10:33 AM, said:

So much for my secret weapon. :o   I guess for the next contest I have to buy the Citation X, and some really high detailed scenery... :o
Yeah, even though it is a very nice shot... Its just a bunch of payware, come on people!
Yeah, I think that people should vote on the real beauty of FS.  (No offense to the author of #3)  I think people should base their votes on how well the shot was timed in the conditions.  (Sunrise on the water, sunset on the clouds, the sun producing shadows in the mountains in the late afternoon, etc.)  Mango, for example, just look at the shots than won him those two other contests, they bring out the breathtaking graphics that flightsim has to offer.  Okay, now I know that this post will start a war. :o
I aggree with you guys all the way!  I have to say I voted for #18, a great mix of aircraft and colors, and the perfect angle!

#43 RadRig211

RadRig211

Orville Reincarnate

• Members/Edit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,823 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 03:17 PM

Fox is right...but w/e

#44 ADSimpson

ADSimpson

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 05:10 PM

Fox666, on Jul 3 2004, 12:56 PM, said:

Yeah, I can use megascenery, or georender and just have that in the shot. But I choose not to because this contest isn't about who has the best scenery... With all do respects to the author of 3... There isn't really anything special about it, its just a great plane looking at photorealistic scenery... No great angle, no good clouds, just the scenery.

I am not saying having shots with payware isn't bad, but I believe its not  fair to others who can't afford/can't have payware. But if you don't have the stuff as the *main* thing in the shot like in Mango's last entry its fine. It just compliments the shot. Again, like Mango's shot, he had a nice crisp picture, a great angle, great graphics, and the amazing clouds. That is why he won, not because of the payware.

Also (its not payware but its add-on mesh) in shot 16, even if its add-on mesh that is not why it is doing so good. The clarity and angle, and the way the plane looks like its breaking though the storm is why its doing good~not the add-on mesh.

In my opinion, this contest should be about the shots, not the payware. Just my 2 cents. But the overall desicion comes down to the voters... If you want just a shot that looks good for these reasons, go ahead and vote...

Heh, I was starting to loose it for a moment :o
I agree with everything he said.

#45 Tom.D

Tom.D

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,251 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 05:17 PM

I went with #9, like Jon said, angle, content etc, thats what it had to me so i voted for it.

Awsome shots this month!

Ken :o

#46 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 06:20 PM

moqool, on Jul 3 2004, 05:49 PM, said:

post removed
hey byron why remove it? :o i was only joking, and it is his pic

#47 Wezcsyty

Wezcsyty

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 06:21 PM

Number 3   ! .WOWee! This is definitely THE SHOT!  I almost fell over backwards when I saw this stunning shot :o

I liked the scenery, the water, the shading, the angle, the presentation. Number 3 has pretty much everything I look for in a shot.  Excellently composed. Not to mention it's a stunner :o

Edited by Wezcsyty, 03 July 2004 - 06:24 PM.

#48 Guest_trazcer_*

Guest_trazcer_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2004 - 02:05 AM

This is just an off the wall question, but why do we only have 69 votes? :o I know that we have more than 69 members :o I think that everyone needs to vote so that the true winner will come out in the end! So if you know someone that hasn't voted, please ask them to vote for their favorite screenshot.

trazcer

#49 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 04:24 AM

youre telling me? i hear ya i hear ya...if you look at my aviations photo contest youll laugh.....570 views and only 20-30 votes presumably

#50 Mark1

Mark1

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 10:03 AM

Hi :D
Number 3 = WOW!!! :o
Excellent details, should be a winner! B)

Thanks!

Mark! :o :o

#51 ADSimpson

ADSimpson

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 10:45 PM

Wow!  Tight race between 3 and 16! :o

#52 Derek

Derek

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 11:23 PM

i agree with fox.  Number 3 is alright.  but its just payware on top of payware.  There is really nothing so spectacular about it.

#53 Guest_trazcer_*

Guest_trazcer_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2004 - 11:31 PM

I still think that # 19 should have more votes than it does, only 6 people other than me think it's a winner :o Come'on # 19 is the best shot up there IMPO!

trazcer

#54 Derek

Derek

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 11:55 PM

whats so special about it...its a common angle

#55 Guest_trazcer_*

Guest_trazcer_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2004 - 12:29 AM

Yes, I agree it's another landing shot taken from behind the plane, but the detail and clarity of it is unmatched. You can see each individual light and the clouds go with the plane's colors so well I just think that it's the best shot I've seen in a long time.

trazcer

#56 btaylor

btaylor

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 12:14 PM

vipone, on Jul 4 2004, 11:55 PM, said:

whats so special about it...its a common angle
What? What's wrong with 19? That is a good shot.

#57 faren451

faren451

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 July 2004 - 10:48 PM

I have to go with #3.  I looked up and down at the all pictures and weighed them carefully.  They are all good.  But I was really drawn by 3, for the simple reason it just takes my breath away.  A great combination of an awesome angle and content, with the play of the shadows on the mountains and the shimmer of the lake.  It all interacts to produce a shot that is high quality and top-notch.  This is one of the most spectacular shots I've ever laid eyes on, and indeed it is close to perfection in all regards.

I didn't vote in this months contest because I have entered my own picture in this contest.  And its also my principle that I won't vote in the same contest in which  I'm a participant.  So I just forfeited the vote.  If I wasn't a participant in this contest, #3 would earn my vote, no doubt about that. :o

#58 ForD_MusTanG 2005

ForD_MusTanG 2005

formerly HyperActive2005

• Banned
  • 10,095 posts
  • Location:new york city (staten island) KEWR newark intl (new jersey) is the closest airport to me

Posted 05 July 2004 - 11:35 PM

and i get the ususal 1 vote once again :o

#59 TheNorthFace

TheNorthFace

Airline Transport Pilot

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:00 AM

Close One please Vote For #16    And No It's Diffently Is Mine, Mine Sucks More Than That One, I Only Got One Vote. And I didn't Vote For Myself.

#60 Guest_trazcer_*

Guest_trazcer_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2004 - 01:07 AM

Let's keep the "please vote for this shot" stuff out of this months contest guys! Every month someone complains about people influencing votes and stuff. I'd rather not hear it as much this month.

trazcer