THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:39 PM

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 08:33 PM, said:

Then don't start it.

I'm kinda surprised you haven't figured that out by now.

I didn't start it, you did. You always laugh and nag those who are 'fanboys' of commercial aviation when your 'fanboyism' for military is just as bad if not worse, and it really hurts the credibility of your posts as over time you become predictable. I knew this flame war was going to happen even before you posted the first time.

That being said, you need to change your posting etiquette to avoid misinterpretations in the future.

Edited by THBatMan8, 11 August 2010 - 07:40 PM.

#102 Evan.

Evan.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 06:28 PM, said:

You saw a differing opinion, and now people are all crying and bawling and insulting over it...

Actually, you're notorious for doing exactly that. Case in point: this thread.

The question: "Do real world pilots still play FS?"

The answer: Yes, as confirmed by a multitude of real world pilots on this forum. Sure, not all real world pilots do. Sure, some hate it, some love it.

I'm not exactly sure what "opposing viewpoint" you're trying to defend, instead you're simply contributing towards the collective animosity toward you by being too arrogant to admit the slightest bit of defeat in any aspect of this discussion, resorting to personal attacks (because you don't seem to have a case to argue), and then playing the victim card.

Real mature.

Quit being such a tool and quit trying to get your kicks and giggles by picking fights on an internet forum. Clearly the vast majority of members here are sick of it.

#103 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:40 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 07:39 PM, said:

Then don't start it.

I didn't start it, you did. You always laugh and nag those who are 'fanboys' of commercial aviation when your 'fanboyism' for military is just as bad if not worse, and it really hurts the credibility of your posts as over time as you become predictable. I knew this flame war was going to happen even before you posted the first time.

That being said, you need to change your posting etiquette to avoid misinterpretations in the future.

Please show me where I said anything about commercial aviation in this thread...

#104 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 08:40 PM, said:

Then don't start it.

I didn't start it, you did. You always laugh and nag those who are 'fanboys' of commercial aviation when your 'fanboyism' for military is just as bad if not worse, and it really hurts the credibility of your posts as over time as you become predictable. I knew this flame war was going to happen even before you posted the first time.

Please show me where I said anything about commercial aviation in this thread...

That's exactly my point. You NEVER think about commercial aviation in these circumstances, which is what the OP was after. MSFS does suck when it comes to military aviation, but it's great for general and commercial aviation, which is what the platform was built for.

#105 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:46 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 07:43 PM, said:

Then don't start it.

That's exactly my point. You NEVER think about commercial aviation in these circumstances, which is what the OP was after. MSFS does suck when it comes to military aviation, but it's great for general and commercial aviation, which is what the platform was built for.

I don't know how many members here actually fly for a living.
Quite a handful probably have a PPL. I only remember one who flies a 727 and also had the CaptainSim 727 addon so that's one who played FS. Steve-o who drove a saab and now drives a caravan sometimes pops in to make us all drool with his videos has less luck since the Saab340 add-on is made by Abacus. Apart from these two I don't reckon I remember anyone else.

I'm pretty convinced that at least a majority of pilots and aspiring pilots play or played FS at least for a period of time (or on occasion), but that interest in the game fades off once they're in the real cockpit.

I don't see the word 'commercial', or 'airline' once. Please show me how the OP was after commercial pilots only.

#106 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:50 PM

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 08:46 PM, said:

Then don't start it.

Quite a handful probably have a PPL. I only remember one who flies a 727 and also had the CaptainSim 727 addon so that's one who played FS. Steve-o who drove a saab and now drives a caravan sometimes pops in to make us all drool with his videos has less luck since the Saab340 add-on is made by Abacus. Apart from these two I don't reckon I remember anyone else.

I'm pretty convinced that at least a majority of pilots and aspiring pilots play or played FS at least for a period of time (or on occasion), but that interest in the game fades off once they're in the real cockpit.

I don't see the word 'commercial', or 'airline' once. Please show me how the OP was after commercial pilots only.

His mentioned airplanes were all commercial aircraft.

All the OP wanted to know if any R/W pilots use the platform, not if the platform itself was realistic or not. A simple yes or no would suffice. You're just wasting your time arguing over a point that the OP didn't even ask.

#107 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:54 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 07:50 PM, said:

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 08:46 PM, said:

Then don't start it.

His mentioned airplanes were all commercial aircraft.

All the OP wanted to know if any R/W pilots use the platform, not if the platform itself was realistic or not. A simple yes or no would suffice. You're just wasting your time arguing over a point that the OP didn't even ask.

He said 'pilots'. That means any and all pilots apply. You have this obsession that the aviation world revolves around giant, fat flying taxi cabs and that's the only thing someone could be asking about, but, you're wrong.

Stop bringing up the commercial BS every topic you can. This comes up, it's all about commercial aircraft. A new UAV comes out, you try to make it about commercial aircraft, a hydrogen powered plane comes out, you try to make it about commerical aircraft. There is a HECK of a lot more to the aviation world to the glorified taxi cabs driven by grandpas.

The real irony is, your argument for turning them into commerical topics is all aviation need apply, but oddly you're dropping that view here. Hmmm....

#108 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 08:54 PM, said:

He said 'pilots'. That means any and all pilots apply. You have this obsession that the aviation world revolves around giant, fat flying taxi cabs and that's the only thing someone could be asking about, but, you're wrong.

Stop bringing up the commercial BS every topic you can. This comes up, it's all about commercial aircraft. A new UAV comes out, you try to make it about commercial aircraft, a hydrogen powered plane comes out, you try to make it about commerical aircraft. There is a HECK of a lot more to the aviation world to the glorified taxi cabs driven by grandpas.

The real irony is, your argument for turning them into commerical topics is all aviation need apply, but oddly you're dropping that view here. Hmmm....

Wow..... Just keep digging yourself into a deeper hole because you can't seem to handle constructive criticism.

For the record, you fail at stereotyping.

#109 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:58 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 07:56 PM, said:

Wow..... Just keep digging yourself into a deeper hole because you can't seem to handle constructive criticism.

So do you.

Just keep dreaming about your taxi cabs, but don't keep trying to bring them into every topic you can. You don't see me jumping into a topic about a the 747-8 and wondering about it's military potential, do you? No, if I did you'd be throwing a tantrum.

#110 TopDollar

TopDollar

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:58 PM

Picture very relevant.

Posted Image

#111 Evan.

Evan.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 07:59 PM

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 07:58 PM, said:

You have this obsession that the aviation world revolves around giant, fat flying taxi cabs and that's the only thing someone could be asking about, but, you're wrong.

Commercial aviation does this:

Posted Image

Military aviation does this:

Posted Image

#112 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:01 PM

View PostEvan., on Aug 11 2010, 07:59 PM, said:

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 07:58 PM, said:

You have this obsession that the aviation world revolves around giant, fat flying taxi cabs and that's the only thing someone could be asking about, but, you're wrong.

Commercial aviation does this:

Posted Image

Military aviation does this:

Posted Image

Yep, and that's exactly why you're currently not speaking German or bowing before Allah at sword point right now.

#113 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:02 PM

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 08:58 PM, said:

So do you.

Just keep dreaming about your taxi cabs, but don't keep trying to bring them into every topic you can. You don't see me jumping into a topic about a the 747-8 and wondering about it's military potential, do you? No, if I did you'd be throwing a tantrum.

I don't like airliners any more or less than I appreciate military aviation. Why? Because they all do the same :hrmm:. This is exactly what I was referring to earlier. You keep complaining about us continuing arguments when you're guilty of doing the same exact thing, you see how annoying we are, but you don't see how annoying you're becoming.

#114 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:04 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 08:02 PM, said:

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 08:58 PM, said:

So do you.

I don't like airliners any more or less than I appreciate military aviation. Why? Because they all do the same :hrmm:. This is exactly what I was referring to earlier. You keep complaining about us continuing arguments when you're guilty of doing the same exact thing, you see how annoying we are, but you don't see how annoying you're becoming.

Then why did you even try to distinquish military and commercial aviation in this thread?

The real irony, is one of the people who thinks FS is a pointless waste of time in one of the most outspoken ways is a 777 captain for Continental....the other is a GA pilot..

#115 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:08 PM

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 09:04 PM, said:

Then why did you even try to distinquish military and commercial aviation in this thread?

The real irony, is one of the people who thinks FS is a pointless waste of time in one of the most outspoken ways is a 777 captain for Continental....the other is a GA pilot..

Because you don't look at different fields. You assume that everything is solely military.

At your other point:

That's great, but I know tons of other pilots that use MSFS on a regular basis. Visit the Level-D forums and you'll find about a dozen or so that do fly the real thing. The CEO of my VA is a CRJ FO for Pinnacle, and the Lead CP is a 757 Captain for DHL in Europe.

#116 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:10 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 08:08 PM, said:

Because you don't look at different fields. You assume that everything is solely military.

At your other point:

That's great, but I know tons of other pilots that use MSFS on a regular basis. Visit the Level-D forums and you'll find about a dozen or so that do fly the real thing. The CEO of my VA is a CRJ FO for Pinnacle, and the Lead CP is a 757 Captain for DHL in Europe.

No...YOU assume everything is solely commercial...given YOU, not me, YOU, brought up military and commercial. I never once in this thread specified between military and commercial pilots. YOU thought I was attacking commercial pilots.

That is YOUR bias, and YOUR thinking shining through. Not mine.

#117 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:16 PM

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 09:10 PM, said:

At your other point:

No...YOU assume everything is solely commercial...given YOU, not me, YOU, brought up military and commercial. I never once in this thread specified between military and commercial pilots. YOU thought I was attacking commercial pilots.

Posted Image

Now this is getting ridiculous and I reported this topic.

#118 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:19 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 08:16 PM, said:

At your other point:

Posted Image

Your right, you made it very ridiculous by bringing military vs. commercial into an irrelevant topic.

#119 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:20 PM

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 09:19 PM, said:

At your other point:

Posted Image

Your right, you made it very ridiculous by bringing military vs. commercial into an irrelevant topic.

No, you continue a argument that was pointless to start in the first place. Had you just ignored those posts like you keep telling us to do, this would have been avoided. That was meant to be constructive, it wasn't meant to ridicule you.

#120 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 08:22 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Aug 11 2010, 08:20 PM, said:

View PostWampa_Stompa, on Aug 11 2010, 09:19 PM, said:

At your other point:

Posted Image

No, you continue a argument that was pointless to start in the first place. Had you just ignored those posts like you keep telling us to do, this would have been avoided. That was meant to be constructive, it wasn't meant to ridicule you.

And how is bringing something that does not relate to the topic in even the slightest qualify as 'constructive'? o.O