#61 Gym_Class_Hero

Gym_Class_Hero

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:18 PM

View PostMikeMann, on Nov 10 2010, 11:45 PM, said:

So how does the above observation relate to the original post of "Are you planning on buying?"

It is about as relative as most of the other posts I have read here lately!

'tis called something known as "discussion"

might as well keep copying and pasting the original post :hrmm:

#62 MikeMann

MikeMann

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

Sorry, my misinterpretation! It looked more like an argument than a discussion.

#63 Daube

Daube

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:28 PM

View Postpwn247, on Nov 10 2010, 11:48 AM, said:

Show me. Addon scenery won't magically change the FSX engine. :hrmm:

This is FTX PNW with the famous Accusim P-47.

Posted Image

My proc is an i7 at 3,2GHz.
In the scenery below, my settings were far from being maxed out:
- the mesh resolution was set to only 5 meters (max is 1m)
- the ground textures only to 1m (max is 7cm)
- the water only on high 2x (or is it medium 2x... I have to check again) (max is "max2x")
- the autogen is limited to only 3000 trees and 2000 buildings (the max is 6000 each, the default is about 4000 each)
- the GA traffic is disabled, the road traffic is disabled, the leisure boats traffic is set to 20%, the boat traffic is set to max, the liners traffic is set to max (but it's made of WOAI major airlines only), and the airport ground traffic is at minimum.
- the clouds drawing distance is just below the middle
- etc...
The activity of the cores only drop when you're staying over the same small area (nothing to compute anymore, terrain-wise).

#64 Daube

Daube

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:43 PM

And here is the difference with a photoreal scenery that has almost no autogen and a less precise mesh. The cores have less work to do, because the terrain is simpler to build.

Posted Image

#65 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:11 PM

View PostMikeMann, on Nov 10 2010, 01:15 PM, said:

Actually that is pretty clever of Microsoft to humanize their simulator. It seems like many people are not using the full potential of their brains which is simulated (we are talking about a simulator here) in FSX.

So how does the above observation relate to the original post of "Are you planning on buying?"

It is about as relative as most of the other posts I have read here lately!
Honestly what's the point of starting an entire new thread to rage about FSX? :hrmm:

I was merely correcting assumptions being made by Daube. His posts are incredibly false.

#66 Daube

Daube

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 03:16 PM

View Postpwn247, on Nov 10 2010, 03:11 PM, said:

I was merely correcting assumptions being made by Daube. His posts are incredibly false.
Great. Thanks for showing who you are :hrmm:

#67 chalbers

chalbers

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 01:53 AM

Buy MS:Flight ?

From what I have seen so far ... :hrmm: no !

#68 ryant

ryant

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 11:28 PM

Yes iam buying my computer is ready

#69 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:23 AM

View Postryant, on Feb 9 2011, 08:28 PM, said:

Yes iam buying my computer is ready

I feel my computer is ready as well. As soon as Flight arrives, my FSX is fired.  :hrmm:

#70 Fate01_VUSAFS

Fate01_VUSAFS

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:33 AM

What's with reviving old threads lately?

And yes, I am buying :hrmm:

#71 Romario_

Romario_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 07:30 PM

I will buy MS Flight, I just hope that PMDG will not take another 4 years to make a 737 NG :hrmm:

#72 Daube

Daube

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 884 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:43 AM

View PostRomario_, on Feb 10 2011, 07:30 PM, said:

I will buy MS Flight, I just hope that PMDG will not take another 4 years to make a 737 NG :hrmm:
That's an extremely valid remark indeed.
The planes that we get nowadays for FSX have a fantastic level of detail and realism, but the development times have gotten quite scary. The PMDG 737 is one example, other examples are the A2A Accusim Phantom or Mustang...

How much time will it take before we start  seeing such addons in Flight ?

#73 Romario_

Romario_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 10:49 AM

It's kind of ironic, PMDG spent SOOO much time creating this wonderful 737NG, which the REALLY need to release, and then MS Flight comes along. I think they took TOO long to release the NGX. It should have been released from about November- December, giving users at least a solid year before flight comes out.

#74 lilgun

lilgun

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 03:48 PM

I might buy it. And Romario you make a really good point. I think we will see addons for MS Flight about 3 months after it comes out (freeware). Now a good quality payware addon 6-8 months at least.

When is it supposed to come out? My computer will never be ready, but I'm probably going to get it anyay.

#75 dubuque

dubuque

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 February 2011 - 09:17 PM

il be buying if my computer meets the requirements though im getting it upgraded next month so i can run sfx

#76 Atomic_Sheep

Atomic_Sheep

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:30 AM

I think I'll be buying it... I've got a feeling it will have a butt tonne of missions which I really enjoyed in FSX and I want to try out the new ones... but I'm still quite adamant about totally switching to X-Plane... so only getting it for the missions and maybe the flight school which I've still not yet done in FSX but which I found to be totally excellent as well so will see.

#77 Fate01_VUSAFS

Fate01_VUSAFS

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:22 AM

The product lines for Flight need to be ready for the release date (whenever that may be) so they can sell instantly. Unfortunately, it's hard to design a product for use with Flight if you can't test it out in the game yet. Then again, it may also be financially costly to have an add-on ready to go when the game release gets postponed.

I agree that they take way to long on a lot of these add-ons for FS, but many of these companies are only made up of a few people that lives other than spending their spare time building aircraft and scenery.

By the way, love the pics, Daube!

Edited by Fate01_VUSAFS, 08 March 2011 - 02:23 AM.

#78 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:08 PM

View PostFate01_VUSAFS, on Mar 7 2011, 11:22 PM, said:

The product lines for Flight need to be ready for the release date (whenever that may be) so they can sell instantly. Unfortunately, it's hard to design a product for use with Flight if you can't test it out in the game yet. Then again, it may also be financially costly to have an add-on ready to go when the game release gets postponed.

There's absolutely no way an add-on development company can have an add-on ready for release on day one of Flight's release. They would have had to have access to the SDK and sim before it was released. And lets not say that the release will be postponed when we do not even know what will happen. A release date has not even been announced yet!

#79 Fate01_VUSAFS

Fate01_VUSAFS

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:22 PM

View PostBrandonF, on Mar 8 2011, 12:08 PM, said:

There's absolutely no way an add-on development company can have an add-on ready for release on day one of Flight's release. They would have had to have access to the SDK and sim before it was released. And lets not say that the release will be postponed when we do not even know what will happen. A release date has not even been announced yet!

Posted Image

Did I not say all of what you said in my post? Hmmm?

#80 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 06:57 PM

View PostFate01_VUSAFS, on Mar 8 2011, 09:22 AM, said:

http://evanstonvnea..../Retarded 2.jpg

Did I not say all of what you said in my post? Hmmm?

I reread your post and then mine, and I'm not sure what you are talking about. I thoroughly explained what my opinion was regarding your post...

And on a side note, I'm not sure if you are calling my post retarded or me retarded by posting that image, but if you are referring to me, you are kind of violating forum rule #7. Just thought I'd point that out. :hrmm: