61 replies to this topic

#1 N200PW

N200PW

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:02 PM

I have an aces team member that got rehired to make this sim along with a few others they got rehired a month after everyone on aces got laid off. this means the game has been in development for a few years now. here are some of the things he told me.

1. this game will set the new benchmark for graphics in ANY game new and a little older

2. this game will have slightly more of a game feel then FSX but only in its aircraft but this can be easly fixed because people will release payware or freeware aircraft to fix this issue.

3. they have fixed coding errors that FSX had and has so its early units should be fairly stable

4. release date is somewhere in the 2nd to 3rd quarter of 2011

if you have any questions just ask me I'll be happy to explain all that I am allowed to

#2 niteye

niteye

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:10 PM

Awesome! :hrmm:

I have 10000 questions!! But here is my main ones:

- Will you need a monster rig or will it work fine on average computers with graphics that are still better than FSX?

- Will it be easy to get into or will the controls and stuff be completely different?

#3 N200PW

N200PW

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 02:19 PM

Not quite sure about controls but in the past its all been pretty similar so I'm sure they will have it close to the same. About the rig I'm also thinking you will need a rig that is pretty dam powerful the graphics at a "flight" lvl of performance but they will be no dought better then FSX so get ready to spend some money on new parts especially if you have an average comp.

sorry if I'm being not very clear but I can not say much yet about the game

#4 Janu

Janu

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:01 PM

Cheers for the info' mate, can not believe it will be released next year! :hrmm:

#5 N200PW

N200PW

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 03:52 PM

don't get your hopes up, "games" like this sometimes are suspended for months at a time so we can just wish that Microsoft is going to fallow though on this release date.

#6 nw757

nw757

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 11:51 PM

Thanks for the info. I'm sure this is greatly appreciated from us all. As for your 2nd statement about a/c realism, that's fine with me. I think a great majority of us use freeware/payware addons instead, so in all reality, this doesn't have a neg. impact. It's also nice to hear this has been in development for a few years, as we know that it has the intentions of being a successor (in one way or another) to FSX, etc.

Thanks again and keep us informed!

EDIT: One quick Q: Is there any bridge between FSX in terms of addons or is this completely new all around?

Edited by AlecF, 04 September 2010 - 11:52 PM.

#7 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:48 AM

Why was a large portion of the preview content of a truck? :hrmm:

Also - are we going to see revamped ATC in this game?

#8 N200PW

N200PW

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 01:20 AM

@ Alec I'm sure there will probably be interchangeable addons between the 2 because there not switching engines or anything but even I don't know the answer to that, I think it depends on the devs of those addon publishers because its there choice if they want to make them compatible (feel free to re ask because I may have not understood your question)

@Brandon, yes we will but don't expect it to be to human because it is still a recording but I cant release to much info on that yet.

but I am trying to get a conference between some of the aces team because I want them to know more about vatsim and see if they can put something in flight that will help it out or do something with it.

#9 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 12:37 PM

Cool, what about weather? Will we see higher quality cloud textures similar to addons like REX and a better weather engine?

#10 nw757

nw757

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 03:21 PM

View PostN200PW, on Sep 5 2010, 01:20 AM, said:

@ Alec I'm sure there will probably be interchangeable addons between the 2 because there not switching engines or anything but even I don't know the answer to that, I think it depends on the devs of those addon publishers because its there choice if they want to make them compatible (feel free to re ask because I may have not understood your question)

That makes sense. I was just wondering if it was at all possible to use current FS addons. Like you said, it will vary by developer on whether the product will be compatible or not.

#11 niteye

niteye

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:23 PM

It would be cool if it had an IVAO/VATSIM client built-in so it would work with dualmonitors without dualhead 2 go, include weather smoothing and also multiplayer plane smoothing instead of now how IVAO consists of an external module for voice, having to start a 'fake' multiplayer session and whatnot.

TrackIR support! Ofcourse I'm pretty confident that will be there.

More dramatic rain effects, it would be cool if rain caused tremendous amounts of noise and made it very difficult and blurry to actually see outside. In FSX rain is almost unaudible and besides making a strange wormhole around you also has rather little effect.

#12 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:44 PM

Also, a casual multiplayer system that actually works would be awesome :hrmm:

#13 N200PW

N200PW

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:54 PM

thanks for the suggestions guys I'll be sure to add that into my conference with some of the team members

#14 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 02:58 AM

View PostN200PW, on Sep 5 2010, 07:20 AM, said:

@Brandon, yes we will but don't expect it to be to human because it is still a recording but I cant release to much info on that yet.

but I am trying to get a conference between some of the aces team because I want them to know more about vatsim and see if they can put something in flight that will help it out or do something with it.

That doesnt sound to good at all?

I might be being cynical here, but how do you know one of the devs? For all we know you could be some kind of person who likes to wind people up on the internet as it gives them some sort of warm fuzzy feeling inside!

#15 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:02 AM

View Post-Brandon-, on Sep 5 2010, 11:18 AM, said:

Why was a large portion of the preview content of a truck? ;)

Also - are we going to see revamped ATC in this game?

I think you're getting confused with Outerra now :hrmm:

View PostN200PW, on Sep 5 2010, 11:50 AM, said:

Oh :hrmm: it then!  It'll be another mega-royal screw-up then.

View Postwynthorpe, on Sep 6 2010, 01:28 PM, said:

I might be being cynical here, but how do you know one of the devs? For all we know you could be some kind of person who likes to wind people up on the internet as it gives them some sort of warm fuzzy feeling inside!

+1 , I'm highly doubting the source of his claims :P

#16 Brandon-M

Brandon-M

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,912 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:20 AM

View Postpyruvate, on Sep 6 2010, 08:02 AM, said:

I think you're getting confused with Outerra now :hrmm:

I sure am :hrmm:

And who knows, he may be, he may be not. If he is then i'll take the chance to voice my opinion. If not, i'm not too bothered :P

#17 niteye

niteye

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 11:32 AM

If he's not, we didn't lose anything, not even time, since we're here to pass time in the first place. :hrmm:

#18 N200PW

N200PW

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:21 PM

View Postwynthorpe, on Sep 6 2010, 02:58 AM, said:

I don't know, when someone says they ARE one of the Devs, why would you believe them? If you guys trust me great if you don't then whatever . You guys can ether choose to not me informed early or be informed its your choice. I have talked and is friends with is ------------ editor and something thats has to do with the technical portion of the game/sim.

btw about the engine they are keeping it similar but changing some errors that were in the old one, sorry my last post sounded a little scary.

Edited by N200PW, 06 September 2010 - 01:34 PM.

#19 LA_PHX

LA_PHX

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,783 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:24 PM

View PostN200PW, on Sep 6 2010, 11:21 AM, said:

I don't know, when someone says they ARE one of the Devs, why would you believe them? If you guys trust me great if you don't then whatever . You guys can ether choose to not me informed early or be informed its your choice. I have talked and is friends with is Brent Metcalfe editor and something thats has to do with the technical portion of the game/sim.
btw about the engine they are keeping it similar but changing some errors that were in the old one, sorry my last post sounded a little scary.

The only reason I am skeptical is because everyone else that has access to the Flight development team is either under NDA or won't say anything.  Now you come along and pretty much say that you have access and you are saying much more than I believe Microsoft would ever allow getting out at this point in development.  That is why I'm skeptical, to be honest.

Edited by LA_BOS, 06 September 2010 - 01:25 PM.

#20 N200PW

N200PW

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:36 PM

understandable! its cool, I'm not part of the team though, the things I said is what he told me because me and him were talking about the game/sim so everything I have posted was in the convo between me and him so its all allowed, its not like it was formal or anything. But yes I have been trying to get him to be able to talk to someone so I can tell them about this website so they can get idea's.

He told me some other stuff to but he acknowledged that he shouldn't have told me but I didn't post these things in fear of the Microsoft hit team coming to kick my :hrmm: like apple did to another guy.