#81 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:09 AM

View Posthgtkifhieoplwoji, on Nov 22 2010, 04:07 AM, said:

Then let that someone be someone who actually follows the rules themselves, doesn't lie, and doesn't go off on crusades of self interest. I.e., coming from you, it just makes me laugh, roll my eyes, and think 'Oh, look at him, he's so cute trying to appear righteous and responsible when you know he really isn't.'

Mind telling me when I lied?

Mind telling me what rules I broke?

This thread wasn't previously a argument... Now it is...

BTW, you're already in hot water.

Edited by Water_Boy, 22 November 2010 - 02:11 AM.

#82 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:16 AM

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 22 2010, 01:09 AM, said:

Mind telling me when I lied?

Just for example, I count you saying four times you were never going to respond or read my posts again. So, quite obviously, you weren't telling the truth.

Mind telling me what rules I broke?

Don't tell me you think your whole "I'm going to pounce on you whenever I can' phase was within forum rules, for being such a guru.

This thread wasn't previously a argument... Now it is...

It was the moment you started up with the whole 'survival radios are weak and break easily' bit.

BTW, you're already in hot water.

Like I haven't heard that from you five or six times in the past. I hate to tell you this, but if Alaska is allowed to call people stupid and good for nothing, among other things, well..you figure it out.

#83 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:18 AM

View Posthgtkifhieoplwoji, on Nov 22 2010, 04:16 AM, said:

Just for example, I count you saying four times you were never going to respond or read my posts again. So, quite obviously, you weren't telling the truth.
Don't tell me you think your whole "I'm going to pounce on you whenever I can' phase was within forum rules, for being such a guru.
It was the moment you started up with the whole 'survival radios are weak and break easily' bit.
Like I haven't heard that from you five or six times in the past. I hate to tell you this, but if Alaska is allowed to call people stupid and good for nothing, among other things, well..you figure it out.

You brought up something that doesn't even relate to this thread. I unignored you because your posting etiquette was getting better, and now the only one that keeps bringing back the old arguments is you.

And you patronize me over disrespect to the pilot..... TSK TSK.

Edited by Water_Boy, 22 November 2010 - 02:21 AM.

#84 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:23 AM

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 22 2010, 01:18 AM, said:

You brought up something that doesn't even relate to this thread. I unignored you because your posting etiquette was getting better, and now the only one that keeps bringing back the old arguments is you.

And you patronize me over disrespect to the pilot..... TSK TSK.

Yeeees, because you asked how you tarnish this community. I suppose I could have ignored that question, but then that would have made you quite unhappy as well.

But hey, at least I paid my respect to the pilot before any and all of this. You on the other hand, just said 'people in the military die every day' like it was no big deal. I'm sure the family of this man would LOVE to hear you say something like to them.

#85 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:26 AM

View Posthgtkifhieoplwoji, on Nov 22 2010, 04:23 AM, said:

But hey, at least I paid my respect to the pilot before any and all of this. You on the other hand, just said 'people in the military die every day' like it was no big deal. I'm sure the family of this man would LOVE to hear you say something like to them.

I already told you why I didn't pay any respects and if you're too lazy to read my post then don't expect me to elaborate.

#86 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:29 AM

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 22 2010, 01:26 AM, said:

I already told you why I didn't pay any respects and if you're too lazy to read my post then don't expect me to elaborate.

It's not that you didn't pay your respects, but the fact that you had the nerve to say something like that. You know, over on another site, someone said that as well, and received 60 day ban for insensitivity to a dead service man.

Edited by hgtkifhieoplwoji, 22 November 2010 - 02:29 AM.

#87 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:30 AM

View Posthgtkifhieoplwoji, on Nov 22 2010, 04:29 AM, said:

It's not that you didn't pay your respects, but the fact that you had the nerve to say something like that. You know, over on another site, someone said that as well, and received 60 day ban for insensitivity to a dead service man.

Say something like what? Did you even read that post in it's entirety?

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 22 2010, 04:01 AM, said:

People die in the military every day. I thank them for their services and whatnot but that does not justify you or anyone else on this forum breaking the board rules.

And a body has not yet been recovered. The pilots status should be MIA, not KIA.

My point was that we simply don't have the time to stop and honor fallen soldiers on a daily basis as their deaths occur. That's the purpose behind Memorial and Veteran's Day.

Also, as the pilots body is not recovered we don't know he's dead. AS I also said, his status should remain MIA.

Edited by Water_Boy, 22 November 2010 - 02:34 AM.

#88 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:35 AM

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 22 2010, 01:30 AM, said:

Say something like what? Did you even read that post in it's entirety?

Yes, but it comes down to someone trying to make themselves look like they're not racist by claiming they have black friends. Your actions are speaking much, much louder then your claims. And the simple fact that you keep telling everyone to stop thinking he's dead because they haven't found a body is also disrespectful. They found pieces of the seat, they found remains of the suit, so unless you think he walked away from a crash that left a big crater and vaporized a lot of the plane, you're adding to the disrespect by telling everyone the people working the crash site and concluded he was dead are wrong.

#89 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:38 AM

View Posthgtkifhieoplwoji, on Nov 22 2010, 04:35 AM, said:

Yes, but it comes down to someone trying to make themselves look like they're not racist by claiming they have black friends. Your actions are speaking much, much louder then your claims. And the simple fact that you keep telling everyone to stop thinking he's dead because they haven't found a body is also disrespectful. They found pieces of the seat, they found remains of the suit, so unless you think he walked away from a crash that left a big crater and vaporized a lot of the plane, you're adding to the disrespect by telling everyone the people working the crash site and concluded he was dead are wrong.

Well, there's no body or tags so I'm not convinced he's dead. How is that disrespectful? You're not making any sense.

Doesn't the seat separate from the pilot when the parachute is deployed? What if the pilot tore off pieces of his suit?

Edited by Water_Boy, 22 November 2010 - 02:40 AM.

#90 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:39 AM

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 22 2010, 01:38 AM, said:

Well, there's no body or tags so I'm not convinced he's dead. How is that disrespectful? You're not making any sense.

And how in the world do you think he survived this?

http://www.adn.com/2...d-in-crash.html

#91 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:41 AM

View Posthgtkifhieoplwoji, on Nov 22 2010, 04:39 AM, said:

And how in the world do you think he survived this?

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 22 2010, 04:38 AM, said:

Doesn't the seat separate from the pilot when the parachute is deployed?

#92 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:44 AM

For the fourth time..they found..pieces of the seat, and his flight suit, and personal effects...in the debris. So, what, you think he found where the seat landed, smashed it up, waited for the fire to go out, scattered pieces of it in the crater, tore up his flight suit, placed pieces of that in the crater as well, plus some of his belongings, hid the parachute, and is hiding in Alaska in sub zero tempetures, for, what, the fun of it?

#93 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:47 AM

View Posthgtkifhieoplwoji, on Nov 22 2010, 04:44 AM, said:

For the fourth time..they found..pieces of the seat, and his flight suit, and personal effects...in the debris. So, what, you think he found where the seat landed, smashed it up, waited for the fire to go out, scattered pieces of it in the crater, tore up his flight suit, placed pieces of that in the crater as well, plus some of his belongings, hid the parachute, and is hiding in Alaska in sub zero tempetures, for, what, the fun of it?

If the seat collided with the canopy on deployment, that would damage the seat, wouldn't you think? Was there blood on the seat or the parts of the recovered suit? Was there blood or any human remains found on or near the crash site?

You're not going to convince me that the pilot is dead without a body. His family likely thinks the same.

Edited by Water_Boy, 22 November 2010 - 02:51 AM.

#94 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:51 AM

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 22 2010, 01:47 AM, said:

If the seat collided with the canopy on deployment, that would damage the seat, wouldn't you think? Was there blood on the seat or the parts of the recovered suit?

You're not going to convince me that the pilot is dead without a body.

Well, one thing Alaska is known for is bears and wolves, so assuming the body wasn't completely or mostly vaporized in the impact, if a predator or predators made off with the remains, then I guess you're going to be convinced this man is hiding in the Alaska bush for the rest of his life.

Edited by hgtkifhieoplwoji, 22 November 2010 - 02:51 AM.

#95 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:52 AM

View Posthgtkifhieoplwoji, on Nov 22 2010, 04:51 AM, said:

Well, one thing Alaska is known for is bears and wolves, so assuming the body wasn't completely or mostly vaporized in the impact, if a predator or predators maid off with the remains, then I guess you're going to be convinced this man is hiding in the Alaska bush for the rest of his life.

Not necessairly. Pilots are trained on survival tactics before they even start building hours. They are taught how to evade capture so I'd imagine the majority can handle being in the Alaska wilderness.

And if the wild animal theory holds any truth to it, then you would find traces of blood and some human remains around the site.

Edited by Water_Boy, 22 November 2010 - 02:54 AM.

#96 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:56 AM

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 22 2010, 01:52 AM, said:

Not necessairly. Pilots are trained on survival tactics before they even start building hours. They are taught how to evade capture so I'd imagine the majority can handle being in the Alaska wilderness.

Which begs the question, with all the advanced survival gear, why has he not contacted anyone on the radio. Or started a signal fire. Or activated a beacon. Or fired flares. Or used his navigation skills to find the nearest town. Heck, they can rescue a pilot down behind enemy lines within a couple days or a few hours, yet for some reason, they can't seem to find a man 100 miles away from his own base..so, if he is alive as you claim, why have they not seen any of these things or heard a peep in nearly a week?

And how do you know they HAVEN'T found blood?

Edited by hgtkifhieoplwoji, 22 November 2010 - 02:57 AM.

#97 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:00 AM

View Posthgtkifhieoplwoji, on Nov 22 2010, 04:56 AM, said:

Which begs the question, with all the advanced survival gear, why has he not contacted anyone on the radio. Or started a signal fire. Or activated a beacon. Or fired flares. Or used his navigation skills to find the nearest town. Heck, they can rescue a pilot down behind enemy lines within a couple days or a few hours, yet for some reason, they can't seem to find a man 100 miles away from his own base..so, if he is alive as you claim, why have they not seen any of these things or heard a peep in nearly a week?

And how do you know they HAVEN'T found blood?

Perhaps the gear wasn't working properly, which brings up the point I made in which everyone called me a :hrmm: hole for. Maybe the pilot is tracking back to home base. 100 miles is a long journey, and would take a few days to complete. Longer if he is injured.

I don't know if they  haven't found blood. That's the whole point. If they did find blood then I would be more convinced.

Edited by Water_Boy, 22 November 2010 - 03:03 AM.

#98 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:02 AM

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 22 2010, 02:00 AM, said:

Perhaps the gear wasn't working properly, which brings up the point I made in which everyone called me a :hrmm: hole for. Maybe the pilot is tracking back to home base. 100 miles is a long journey, and would take a few days to complete.

Well, here's the number for the air force base. Feel free to call them with the message that you know more than the people working in the field.

(907) 552-1110
DSN: 317-552-1110

#99 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:07 AM

View Posthgtkifhieoplwoji, on Nov 22 2010, 05:02 AM, said:

Well, here's the number for the air force base. Feel free to call them with the message that you know more than the people working in the field.

(907) 552-1110
DSN: 317-552-1110

I'm not claiming that I know more than the people in the field. Just that I'm not convinced the pilot is dead.

#100 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:10 AM

View PostWater_Boy, on Nov 22 2010, 02:07 AM, said:

I'm not claiming that I know more than the people in the field. Just that I'm not convinced the pilot is dead.

Well, they're convinced enough to have called off any search and rescue operations. So, either they lack your insight and the pilot is going to suffer because of it, or you need to realize that he is gone and stop telling people he's not KIA, he's just MIA.

Related:

The family and the military ask that instead of flowers or gifts, donations specifying "For the Jeffrey Haney children" be made at AirWarriorCourage.org. Donations can also be made by sending a check to AWCF, and mailed to AWCF, P.O. Box 877, Silver Spring, MD 20918-0877.

The check should be designated "For the Jeffrey Haney children."

Read more: http://www.adn.com/2...l#ixzz15zVmhJSZ