ChaoticBeauty

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 574 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:43 PM

View PostDr...Watson, on Jan 25 2012, 11:39 PM, said:

You can......

I said I'm not a beta tester! I used the leaked beta.

#203 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 04:50 PM

View Postjcovelli, on Jan 25 2012, 12:18 PM, said:

i don't even understand the point of the beta??????

there was one single mission... that hamburger thing you could fly from all the airports and like 4 challenges and a few repeats of those... and two planes. so...... what are we testing?   how r u supposed to find bugs when you get 1% of the game?  it should have been called a preview like the fsx preview...

You test what you have, then. From what I've heard, some get more content then others, depending on how much feedback they give and if they are actually a valuable tester, rather than sit around and complain.

Edited by BrandonF, 25 January 2012 - 04:51 PM.

#204 jcovelli

jcovelli

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostBrandonF, on Jan 25 2012, 05:50 PM, said:

You test what you have, then. From what I've heard, some get more content then others, depending on how much feedback they give and if they are actually a valuable tester, rather than sit around and complain.

alright they want my list of bugs to fix..... how about all the same ones that were in fsx... since its the exact same thing.. and they are all still there.

my textures are blurry also.... oh wait, never mind... if i wait 2 mins they finally load... when i already flew over them..........  (thats with a ssd btw)

Kaotika.... there is also no option to control the lights individually or an option to control mixture with a controller slider or axis. there is no option to customize the weather other than the 7 or so settings. no flight planner. the new fancy map seems pretty useless especially since u exit out of the GAME to get there.. then it reloads to get back to flying :hrmm: . there are no settings to adjust hardware and display settings.... etc, etc , etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc........

they want you to go online to find aerochache things.. but then it opens up your out of game browser when fs9 had a free in game browser available to download....  :(

if you close the windows live services.. flight won't start. shouldn't it start the services with it.. why should i be required to continuously have those bg processes running?

when i set the weather to have storms nearby.. forgot what its called.. the clouds where moving in the direction against the wind????? magic clouds must be a new feature.

you can't control the throttle for anything... won't go lower than 20% and gets stuck around 50% for around 5% of the slider deflection.... no wonder landing is the main challenge B)

they added more autogen... too bad its way less realistic. trees are not arranged in straight rows and coulombs. this a major eyesore when flying around. also they're still using the VERY ugly city/town textures with the painted on cars and rooftops... none of it matching the autogen.

again... etc, etc, etc, etc.......................

absolutely nothing about flight impresses me. fsx but even worse

#205 n4gix

n4gix

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:34 AM

View Postjcovelli, on Jan 25 2012, 06:36 PM, said:

alright they want my list of bugs to fix..... how about all the same ones that were in fsx... since its the exact same thing.. and they are all still there.

I'm assuming that you did not stick around long enough to receive the updates to the program then, nor checked the Feedback (bug list) to see what has or has not been fixed yet.

I wonder if I'll live long enough to earn the "Insane Pilot Award" for having transported 1,000,000 tons of cargo...

...or the one (I forget the name off hand) for circumnavigating the world 10 times... :hrmm:

#206 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 11:35 AM

My biggest qualm with Flight is what jcovelli mentioned above: GFWL. Seriously, it sucks. It sucked in DiRT 3 and it sucks in every other game.

#207 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:13 AM

View Post-Dexter, on Jan 26 2012, 10:35 AM, said:

My biggest qualm with Flight is what jcovelli mentioned above: GFWL. Seriously, it sucks. It sucked in DiRT 3 and it sucks in every other game.

I've had terrible problems with even getting DiRT 3 to launch because of GFWL. :hrmm: