#61 JohnBAC1-11

JohnBAC1-11

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 14 November 2004 - 03:28 PM

scavers, on Nov 14 2004, 08:19 PM, said:

why the ###### would nebody want to do a CATIII ILS Approach.  Just fly the ILS your self.
If visibility is too poor then it is required of the pilot to do so a automatic landing.

Most people would land manualy, But this is a tutorial on how to do it what did you exspect.

Otherwise don't read this if this is of no use to you.

#62 Dom0803

Dom0803

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 10 December 2004 - 10:21 PM

I dunno what i'm doing wrong, but I do all the stuff you tell me to, then I open the GPS radar so I can see when I enter the ILS "green arrow" I press the APP button, and the plane simply flys right...and just keeps flying right. I'm pretty sure it's not ment to do that.

Please help. :D

Perhaps someone could translate that handy guide into an idiot proof version for me to understand. Images would be nice too, but I won't be too greedy and demanding. I find it much easier when it's broken down into little bits.

Edited by Dom0803, 10 December 2004 - 10:24 PM.

#63 Scott221

Scott221

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 05:47 AM

I try to do all my landings manually. But theres just one thing that i cant seem to crack! Its your Vertical speed. When should you start your descent and what should your V-speed be? I always find myself to high and end up overshooting! Good tut btw

Edited by Scott221, 22 March 2005 - 05:47 AM.

#64 G-BEBN

G-BEBN

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 March 2005 - 05:58 AM

Dom0803, on Dec 10 2004, 10:21 PM, said:

Perhaps someone could translate that handy guide into an idiot proof version for me to understand. Images would be nice too, but I won't be too greedy and demanding. I find it much easier when it's broken down into little bits.
Hey mate i got sent this by someone a while back it helped me out loads if u just follow it

download it from my site

its the only file in that folder

ILS APPROACHES

#65 MidasTouch

MidasTouch

formerly firezemissiles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:29 AM

ok sry for bringing back an ancient topic, but when i flew overhead intersection LAURA at KDAL where i was supposed to land, the plane went barmy and just circled over the airfield. LAURA was right above the airport and i was coming int from KIAH for a 13R approach. what did i do wrong?

#66 thegreatkicker

thegreatkicker

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 01:36 PM

When youre going to autoland what other options besides APP should be on?

#67 Hurock

Hurock

formerly ExTrA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 02:27 PM

Your NAV1 frequency should be tune on the ILS freq....

#68 thegreatkicker

thegreatkicker

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 364 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 11:29 AM

I know the NAV1 but on the autopilot panel what else should be turned on besides the APP button.

#69 Hurock

Hurock

formerly ExTrA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:09 PM

Nothing... maybe your IAS, if you want to use auto-throttle...

#70 spambot2

spambot2

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:06 PM

thanks ill try that

#71 Tepp

Tepp

Screenshot Hotshot Jun '07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 30 March 2006 - 08:18 PM

This is an old thread, but I decided to post anyways.

When I get 100nm away from my destination, I put it on approach mode, but my plane doesn't turn to get lined up or anything. It just keeps going straight.
I'm not sure what to do, could someone please help?

Thanks
-Tim

#72 RevRaz

RevRaz

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts

Posted 14 July 2006 - 11:46 AM

[quote name='Lendrik' date='Mar 5 2004, 11:31 AM'] [quote name='Finchie' date='Mar 4 2004, 09:36 AM']
On a side note, I couldn't make TO/GR make the plane to take off. So what I do is set the speed on AP to the desired climb speed, set the flight level and the vertical speed as well, and leave autobreaks on OFF. Then when I'm ready to take off, I switch the AP on, click on SP (speed), the plane starts accelerating. Then I click on ATT (altitude) when I reach minimum takeoff speed and the plane starts rolling and takes off. Voila, job done, gear up please. [/quote]
Only bad thing about this is that AT will set your throttle to like 104% N1 and in reality, your engines would overheat.

Set your speed to under 250 in the AT, manually adjust to 94% N1 and once off the ground then activate AT.  Should be a much smoother takeoff.

#73 gonefishing

gonefishing

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:34 PM

BTW, that's not auto landing, that's known as a coupled ILS approach, auto land is usually a panel that even flares the aircraft and put flaps and gear down etc...

I know it's late to be saying this, but it only just hit me that it isnt an autoland.

#74 Matt98

Matt98

Passenger

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 09:59 AM

I tried this but the jet won't line up on the runway with the line so i cant change it to ILS landing and i cant land a plane at all with VFR but auto-land would be so useful

#75 Mumbles

Mumbles

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 964 posts

Posted 22 April 2012 - 07:06 PM

View PostMatt98, on Apr 22 2012, 07:59 AM, said:

I tried this but the jet won't line up on the runway with the line so i cant change it to ILS landing and i cant land a plane at all with VFR but auto-land would be so useful

To be honest, you can't really auto-land with any aircraft. Sure it follows the ILS but it doesn't flare and you end up slamming into the ground. You need to get a payware aircraft (that supports auto-land) to do a true auto-land. iFLY, PMDG 747, NGX, MD-11, and Level-D 767 will all do a true auto-land. Airsimmer A320 will also do it, but that thing has a million bugs so don't bother with it.