.Ben

formerly Ben.

• Members/Edit
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,564 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:05 PM

EDIT:

You beet me to it, Stephen.

Edited by AxeMan, 31 October 2005 - 01:06 PM.

#82 Brad

Brad

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:10 PM

Well here is the latest news on Bert - this post will contain news from yesterday and I'll post again later with today's news.  The following is an excerpt from an email I received from Bert's wife:

Mrs. Bert said:

Today Bert's family and I had a meeting with the doctors.
The past week they have done all kinds of test to see if Bert has any brain
damage.  Not all results are ready but the doctors are hopeful and they concluded that Bert doesn't appear to have any serious damage to his brain. This is a big relief for all of us, as we didn't know how much the damage to his brain was.

The wounds from his amputation of his right leg are healing good,
in a few days he no longer needs the bandage. All minor wounds have healed already.

I only hope he will wake up soon, as he deserves better. Bert is such a great man, he has touched so many peoples hearts with his kindness and generosity.

Good news from the doctors about the state of his brain, but he still greatly needs our prayers.

#83 Neil.

Neil.

Hardware Guru\Screenshot Hotshot of 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,621 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:48 PM

That's fantastic news, I hope he awakens soon :D

Neil.

#84 Brad

Brad

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,796 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:11 PM

And here is the news I received this morning from Bert's wife:

Mrs. Bert said:

I got hold of a hospital laptop so I can inform you all what happened to Bert today.

I want to inform you that today Bert almost passed away. I was in Bert's hospital room this morning and had fallen asleep.  All of a sudden the room was filled with loud noises, alarms went off, nurses and doctors came running into the room.  One of the doctors looked at me and slowly shook his head, my heart stopped beating.  Bert was slipping away, his heart failed, and doctors and nurses were doing all they could to keep him alive.

I don't know how long it took but after a while a nurse shook my shoulders and told me Bert was coming back. His vital signs slowly became stable again.  We almost lost Bert, it was very, very close.

The past view hours doctors have been doing examinations to determine what
has happened.  The doctors said to me Bert had a heart attack, they have put Bert back in intensive care with a 24 hour watch in the room. This nurse has to stay with Bert and monitor all his vital sings constantly. She can only leave Bert when another nurse takes her place.

We don't know if Bert will have more heart attacks, I pray he won't have them anymore. And that he may wake up soon. I know Bert is a very strong person and in a good condition, but his coma has been long.  From what the doctors told me it's rare that people are in a coma this long. Bert has been in a coma now for 6 weeks. I pray his coma will not progress into a vegetative state.

I know you all realize the gravity of this situation, so try to imagine what his dear wife is going through right now.  Be sure to add her to your prayers - this ordeal is extremely hard on her as well.

#85 Hornet

Hornet

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:11 PM

Wonderful news. Nice to see him healing. :D

Edit: He almost passed away. :D

Edited by Hornet, 31 October 2005 - 02:13 PM.

#86 Mul.

Mul.

Contributor\First Class Member\Hardware Guru

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,362 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:12 PM

Great news. Hopefully it's only a matter of time till he's up and about.

edit after reading last post: I sincerely hope his state improves, for the sake of his family. It must be very tough for them and I hold them in my prayers.

Mul

Edited by mul, 31 October 2005 - 02:16 PM.

#87 Robin.

Robin.

Contributor\Download Manager\formerly Robin.B

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,802 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:13 PM

Brad, I'm sorry I missed your last post. This is indeed very sad. I dearly hope he will recover without any further incidents. I can't imagine how much pain this must have been giving him and his family :D

Edited by Robin.B, 31 October 2005 - 02:17 PM.

#88 G-BSCA

G-BSCA

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:19 PM

Robin.B, on Oct 31 2005, 02:13 PM, said:

Brad, I'm sorry I missed your last post. This is indeed very sad. I dearly hope he will recover without any further incidents. I can't imagine how much pain this must have been giving him and his family :D

[This post was made prior to Robin B.'s edit]

That would be a good idea......... Maybe a big flight session on some kind of server may be in order...... And if the worst comes to the worst, a contribution flypast.

Good to hear hes on the up, dispite that rather upsetting down. Hope he rejions us very shortly.

G-BSCA

Edited by G-BSCA, 31 October 2005 - 02:20 PM.

#89 ucantcme

ucantcme

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:39 PM

Wow...Awful news to hear..... Lets hope Bert can come through with this!

Reading that he almost passed away made my eyes kinda watery..... :D

#90 Mul.

Mul.

Contributor\First Class Member\Hardware Guru

• 15,362 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:49 PM

Taking into consideration, all that captain has done for the AST I feel it is only fair the team should do something in return.
Me and G-BSCA are in the process of organising a formation flight on akroma in Boeing 747-400's in Singapore Airlines colours, on one of Bert's favourite multiplayer routes. We'll be publishing the flight in the form of a video of course.

Mul

#91 Lord Flashheart

Lord Flashheart

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,125 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:53 PM

mul, on Oct 31 2005, 07:49 PM, said:

Taking into consideration, all that captain has done for the AST I feel it is only fair the team should do something in return.
Me and G-BSCA are in the process of organising a formation flight on akroma in Boeing 747-400's in Singapore Airlines colours, on one of Bert's favourite multiplayer routes. We'll be publishing the flight in the form of a video of course.

Mul
Great idea Mul :D

#92 Captainmk

Captainmk

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,769 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 03:04 PM

:D that is very very sad :D . He really lost his leg, do you mean like physically just broken his bones or just physically destroyed his whole leg. I feel very bad and very guilty, he contributed so much. I was wondering why he hadn't given me a reply to a PM that I had sent him a week ago. I really hopes he gets well.

#93 G-BSCA

G-BSCA

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 03:22 PM

Yes, it was Muls idea for that so all credit must go to him.

Dispite a few others, me, Mul and Boeing airliner were rather close to him as far as virtual flying can go, and its a very very real shame that something can happen to such a wonderful person. He's put so much into our team, so we must repay him in any way possible.

G-BSCA

#94 Vikjet

Vikjet

formerly FraZZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 03:55 PM

Why delete my recovery?! :D

#95 TomohawK

TomohawK

Airline Transport Pilot

• Contest Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 03:56 PM

Posted Image

Tom  :D

Edited by TomohawK, 31 October 2005 - 04:13 PM.

#96 PiP

PiP

Cruising at FL140

• Members
  • 14,896 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 04:45 PM

It's good to hear that there is no brain damage as far as they can tell yet. Though the heart attack is worrying. Especialy for Berts wife and family.

That bit of good news gives me alot of hope that Bert can pull through.

Thats a good idea Mul. When do you plan on doing it, if it's on Akroma I woud like to see it live.

#97 [V1]-[VR]-[V2]

[V1]-[VR]-[V2]

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,465 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 05:29 PM

Posted Image

-floris-

#98 PHNL747

PHNL747

formerly GTASAPS2

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,373 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 07:37 PM

this is very sad.. :)  :D  :D  My prayers are with you and your family everyday Bert and i hope you awake soon.
Posted Image

#99 Mango

Mango

Contributor\First Class Member

• 11,952 posts

Posted 31 October 2005 - 09:22 PM

FraZZe, on Nov 1 2005, 03:55 AM, said:

Why delete my recovery?! :D
It looks like two uploads came at the same time and the following download was without your add. Just make it again please.

Thanks.

#100 FlyHeaven

FlyHeaven

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,045 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:25 AM

This brings some real bad memeroys back when i lost my best freind in a car accident. He was driving along and a car pulled out and hit the car in the left side, which pushed him to the other side of the road and hit a incomming lorry. He was in a coma for 3 days before passing away. His chest was caved in he had broke all of his fingers and his right leg.

Ive been down this road, i didn't know captain but sounds a nice bloke, i wish him the best and hold tight and anything is possible.