one.one.six

formerly spartan.one.one.six

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:55 AM

sarge, on Jun 5 2006, 10:25 PM, said:

one.one.six, on Jun 6 2006, 12:55 AM, said:

Sarge: I got word that i can go to Clark, but im not sure well get to see the airfield before sundown because we are going to Dagupan for the day. Im going on the 19th, a day after we arrive from NRT. Leaving SFO on the 17th and coming back on the 7th.

I can be a beta tester when Clark comes around.
Even if you get to see the airfield, with the ash and LaHarre deposits from Pinatubo you probably wouldn't get any useful shots for FS9 design.  From what I've been able to glean from contacts and info around the web, there has been "some" clean-up but what's there now is NOTHING like what Clark used to be like.

If you can get some usable shots, fine; if not, no need to press hard with the razor when you're shaving.  :lol:   It's not that critical.  Have a good trip.  If you're offered the chance, take a flight to Baguio and be sure to get a window seat.  The shots you should be able to get on approach and departure will serve you well as HARD EVIDENCE that you're telling the truth when you describe it to someone else later.  :lol:
Bleh, we only get to see the Airport there.

We just take the Victory Liner.

:D

#42 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:32 AM

one.one.six, on Jun 6 2006, 01:55 AM, said:

:)
Better than the other option .....

What's the most dangerous animal in the Philippines?
A rabbit; it can kill 55 people at one time!
:D  :lol:  :lol:  :D  :D

("Rabbit" is the red bus that makes the run from Angeles City to Manila in Formula 1 Racing time.  :D )

Key phrase for you on your visit:  "I love you too much; you buy me house and la Germania!"  ;)

"San Miguel beer, ito ang beer ....."
You KNOW you've been in the Philippines too long when....

1.  you know all the words to the Philippine beer commercials!
2.  you go to the bank on payday and get a roll of 5 centavo pieces so the jeepney driver can't keep the change.
3.  someone is talking about the president and first lady, and you think they're talking about Ferdinand and Imelda Marcos!
4.  someone asks you when your rotation date is and you whip out the C-130/C-9A schedules for Clark-Hong Kong approach orientation/training flights.

Edited by sarge, 06 June 2006 - 01:38 AM.

#43 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 08:01 PM

HEADS UP, Y'ALL!!!!!  For Loring AFB ME (KLIZ v3) you WILL need to download Michael Carr's military collection from the AVSIM file library.  Unpack it to a neutral directory, then do the following:

1.  In the MCDMil/MCDMil Scenery/Scenery folder, copy/paste the MCDMilitaryLibrary.bgl file into your FS9/AddOn Scenery/Scenery folder.

2.  In the MCDMil/MCDMil Scenery/Texture folder, copy/paste all of the texture files into your FS9/AddOn Scenery/Texture folder.

The scenery bgl for Lorinig will look in those folders to find the MDL data and textures needed to display the selected objects that Michael has created.  (These instructions will be repeated in the ReadMe.txt file that accompanies the release of KLIZ_v3.)  If you plan to use any future military bases I produce, you will need Michael's military collection; he's got the only quality collection in MDL format and I will be making EXTENSIVE use of his objects.  I've also gotten him to agree to do construction vehicles if I can find usable, quality side views, head-on, and rear end photos that can be used to texturize the objects.  If that project comes to fruition, I can guarantee that you'll also need that collection for my sceneries.

(Following the Loring AFB/Otis ANGB release, look for a quick release of KPSM_v2 with added detail and more of Michael's military collection.)

#44 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:29 AM

Sneak peek at the bomber ramp with the first placements from Chuck Ford's Maintenance Stands collection and Michael Carr's military collection:

Posted Image

(Both LibObj sets available in the AVSIM file library)

#45 usaf_atc_mike

usaf_atc_mike

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:52 AM

Wow! Looks Great!!!!! Can't wait to stick this sucker in FS and fly around. Are you planning on including any AI Traffic? If so, what type? Can't wait to download this and cruise to AK from Loring!

#46 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 12:41 PM

usaf_atc_mike, on Jun 7 2006, 12:52 PM, said:

Wow! Looks Great!!!!! Can't wait to stick this sucker in FS and fly around. Are you planning on including any AI Traffic? If so, what type? Can't wait to download this and cruise to AK from Loring!
The only AI package I will be able to include is Rok Dolenec's KC-135's; I have his written (email'd) permission for that.  Unfortunately, I don't have Corel's, Kitaro Akikawa's, or ALPHASIM's permission to include their fighters and BUFFs.  I will have some repaints for the aircraft, a list of sources for those aircraft, and .txt files that can be copied/pasted into the aircraft.txt, flightplans.txt, and airport.txt files for TTool compilation.  Here's a list of the AI I will be loading on my system:

ALPHASIM's B-52H AI model (payware, not included)
Rok Dolenec's KC-135R (freeware, included)
Mike Stone's T-39 (freeware, not included)
Rey Lopez's T-37 (freeware, not included)
Corel's F-15C (freeware, not included)
PAI's AF-1, C-9C, C-17, E-3A (freeware, not included)
Henry Tomkiewicz's C-130, F-16, T-1A (freeware, not included)
FSP's C-9A (freeware, not included)
ALPHASIM's A-10A and repaints by Dave O'Brien (freeware, not included)

The BUFF in all the pics is the payware ALPHASIM B-52H (flyable).  The BUFF package includes the B-52 in both G and H models, and also AI models for both.

#47 TechnicolorYawn

TechnicolorYawn

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,581 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:14 PM

Its looking amazing now Sarge :D Adding ground vehicles really brings it to life.

#48 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:12 PM

TechnicolorYawn, on Jun 7 2006, 03:14 PM, said:

Its looking amazing now Sarge :D Adding ground vehicles really brings it to life.
Thanks, TCY ... it does make it a bit more "active", doesn't it?  And I've placed about a dozen of Michael's objects so far with not one single drop in FPS.

Like I posted earlier, anyone planning to download/use any of the military bases I create, needs to grab Michael Carr's collection as well as Chuck Ford's maintenance platforms.  Don't need EZ-Scenery and Runway 12 programs; but the object libraries and textures WILL be needed to complete the display.  Both are on AVSIM; libobj BGL in FS9/AddOn Scenery/Scenery and all the textures in FS9/AddOn Scenery/Texture.  My placement BGLs will look for the MDL data and textures in those folders.

#49 Skydvdan

Skydvdan

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:50 PM

Looks like it's really coming along Sarge. :D

#50 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 08:05 PM

Skydvdan, on Jun 7 2006, 07:50 PM, said:

Looks like it's really coming along Sarge. :lol:
Hey, jefe!  Where ya been?  Ya keep showin' up "mobile" in IM, never online.

Thanks for the compliment ... takin' me time on this one, but end of June still looks good for release.  Only problem I'm having now is there are so many objects by Michael and Chuck, and so many places to put them ..... :D

Edited by sarge, 07 June 2006 - 08:25 PM.

#51 Skydvdan

Skydvdan

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:44 PM

sarge, on Jun 7 2006, 08:05 PM, said:

Skydvdan, on Jun 7 2006, 07:50 PM, said:

Looks like it's really coming along Sarge. :lol:
Hey, jefe!  Where ya been?  Ya keep showin' up "mobile" in IM, never online.

Thanks for the compliment ... takin' me time on this one, but end of June still looks good for release.  Only problem I'm having now is there are so many objects by Michael and Chuck, and so many places to put them ..... :lol:
Sorry I have my end of course test for cdc's for my new safety career field coming up so I haven't had much time for fun flightsim stuff lately.  I've been doing nothing but studying.  I'll be done soon enough though and then it's back to business. :D

Edited by Skydvdan, 07 June 2006 - 11:45 PM.

#52 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:50 AM

Skydvdan, on Jun 8 2006, 12:44 AM, said:

Sorry I have my end of course test for cdc's for my new safety career field coming up so I haven't had much time for fun flightsim stuff lately.  I've been doing nothing but studying.  I'll be done soon enough though and then it's back to business. :D
Hey!!!!!  That's my old career field ..... when 'Nam finished, I cross-trained into 241X0.  That's how I wound up at Hq SAC as the Command Explosives Safety Program Manager and Nuclear Surety NCO.  The CDCs should be a snap; it's the other half of the Promotion Fitness Exams that'll kill ya!  :lol:

Anyway, stay with the books .... next skill level means next grade which means more dinero (eventually).  Flt Sim can wait a bit longer.

#53 Skydvdan

Skydvdan

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:13 PM

Yeah going to Ground Safety after being a Flight Engineer is a drag.  And doing CDC's again is even worse.

#54 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:25 PM

Skydvdan, on Jun 8 2006, 04:13 PM, said:

Yeah going to Ground Safety after being a Flight Engineer is a drag.  And doing CDC's again is even worse.
That's how I started.  Stayed in Ground for about 6 months, then did a fill-in for the Wing Explosives Safety NCO at Nellis when he went on leave, then did the same for the Wing Flight Safety NCO.  Eventually wound up doing duties as the Wing Flight Safety Officer (yep, FSO) for Clark for nearly a year, then Safety Superintendent at Whiteman.  That led to Nuclear Surety duties at Whiteman, plus becoming SAC's resident expert on Explosives Safety, which got me the final tour of duty at Hq SAC doing explosives safety and nuke surety for the entire command.

The ground side was interesting enough after I got beyond the routine.  Started specializing in construction safety (which got me into RED HORSE as the Chief of Safety) and flight-maintenance safety (which got me into the Flight Safety duties).  It can be a millstone or a stepping stone, depending on what you want to do and where you want to go with it.

As for the CDCs, I doubt Maxwell AFB has done much to change them since I last had to take them.  :D  I think the last set I did was the SNCO Academy via CDCs.

#55 Skydvdan

Skydvdan

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:39 PM

Five volumes of BS that should be only 2-3 volumes.  There is so much fluff in these cdc's.  This is the third time in my AF career that I've had to do cdc's and these are by far the saddest.  Whoever wrote these just wasn't feeling their self worth, and it shows.

#56 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:07 PM

Skydvdan, on Jun 8 2006, 08:39 PM, said:

Five volumes of BS that should be only 2-3 volumes.  There is so much fluff in these cdc's.  This is the third time in my AF career that I've had to do cdc's and these are by far the saddest.  Whoever wrote these just wasn't feeling their self worth, and it shows.
:lol:  In 1990 I declined an invitation by Hq USAF Inspection & Safety Center at Norton AFB CA to help rewrite those suckers.  I wasn't (and STILL ain't) politically correct enough to tell Maxwell that something is bull-:D without using the word bull-:lol:  :D

I can downright guar-on-tee that you'll never use any of the information in those volumes.  You're going to be using 29CFR1910, 29CFR1926, and the Uniform Manual of Traffic Control Devices.  All of the references you put on your inspection and investigation reports will be to one of those three documents via any "fluff" the Air Force has published incorporating those standards.  If you manage to get into explosives safety, THEN you can tell me "thanks" since a lot of the Air Force standard for explosives safety is mine.   :D  But even that is basically the DDESB standards in Air Force-ese, which is also the document of origin for the UN Standard for Hazardous Materials.

Edited by sarge, 08 June 2006 - 08:12 PM.

#57 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 14 June 2006 - 10:05 PM

Pattern altitude, left downwind for Rwy 19L, east side of the bomb dump looking west towards the main base and the northwest bomber/tanker ramp (notice framerate at 29.8 for 30.0 fps locked):

Posted Image

#58 one.one.six

one.one.six

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:36 AM

sarge, on Jun 5 2006, 11:32 PM, said:

one.one.six, on Jun 6 2006, 01:55 AM, said:

:)
Better than the other option .....

What's the most dangerous animal in the Philippines?
A rabbit; it can kill 55 people at one time!
:D  :lol:  :lol:  :D  :D

("Rabbit" is the red bus that makes the run from Angeles City to Manila in Formula 1 Racing time.  :D )

Key phrase for you on your visit:  "I love you too much; you buy me house and la Germania!"  ;)

"San Miguel beer, ito ang beer ....."
You KNOW you've been in the Philippines too long when....

1.  you know all the words to the Philippine beer commercials!
2.  you go to the bank on payday and get a roll of 5 centavo pieces so the jeepney driver can't keep the change.
3.  someone is talking about the president and first lady, and you think they're talking about Ferdinand and Imelda Marcos!
4.  someone asks you when your rotation date is and you whip out the C-130/C-9A schedules for Clark-Hong Kong approach orientation/training flights.
1. Too late, they are already on TFC[ABS-CBN] and GMA7 here!
2. Bleh, thier going to install something to make you get "recipts"
3. LOL.
4.  :lol:

Mkay, you know Estrada right?

Ok so thier driving to JFK, and hes already late for his flight.

10 miles away, he tells the driver to step on it.

5 Miles away: he tells him to floor it.

500m away, he goes, WHAT I THOUGHT IT WAS 1 MILE!! NOW ITS 500?!?!?!!?!?!!?11/11

When a sign goes: JFK, Left, he goes, Aw great! We're so late that even the airport left!

#59 one.one.six

one.one.six

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:35 PM

Just found out that they now have Hi-Res imagery of the Clark AB and the surrounding Angeles City on Google Earth.

#60 one.one.six

one.one.six

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:56 PM

Sarge: Will you include like, the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport, which is apprently named after the father of the RP's current, and shortest president? I heard after like 2015, its new terminals will eventually replace Ninoy Aquino Intl, and everything there execpt the new T3 will be demolished, and T3 will be a shopping mall (like they already have enough...)