93 replies to this topic

#61 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,718 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:36 PM

one.one.six, on Jun 16 2006, 09:56 PM, said:

Sarge: Will you include like, the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport, which is apprently named after the father of the RP's current, and shortest president? I heard after like 2015, its new terminals will eventually replace Ninoy Aquino Intl, and everything there execpt the new T3 will be demolished, and T3 will be a shopping mall (like they already have enough...)
Ninoy Aquino is in Manila, quite a ways down the road from Clark AB and Angeles City.  No, when I do Clark, it's going to be circa 1986.  13th AF will be restored, 3rd TFW will be restored, Cope Thunder/Combat Sage areas will be restored, the medevac ramp will be restored, the 1st SOS will be restored, the Clark Aero Club will be restored.  The only things that will be missing are the house girls, yard boys, Negrito private guards, and the bars along MacArthur Highway.   :lol:

I don't do civilian airports, just military airbases.   :D

#62 one.one.six

one.one.six

formerly spartan.one.one.six

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 16 June 2006 - 10:49 PM

sarge, on Jun 16 2006, 08:36 PM, said:

one.one.six, on Jun 16 2006, 09:56 PM, said:

Sarge: Will you include like, the Diosdado Macapagal International Airport, which is apprently named after the father of the RP's current, and shortest president? I heard after like 2015, its new terminals will eventually replace Ninoy Aquino Intl, and everything there execpt the new T3 will be demolished, and T3 will be a shopping mall (like they already have enough...)
Ninoy Aquino is in Manila, quite a ways down the road from Clark AB and Angeles City.  No, when I do Clark, it's going to be circa 1986.  13th AF will be restored, 3rd TFW will be restored, Cope Thunder/Combat Sage areas will be restored, the medevac ramp will be restored, the 1st SOS will be restored, the Clark Aero Club will be restored.  The only things that will be missing are the house girls, yard boys, Negrito private guards, and the bars along MacArthur Highway.   :lol:

I don't do civilian airports, just military airbases.   :D
RPLL to RPLC is like 50 miles..

So, right before Pinatubo blew its top right?

Leaving in 12 hours.

Oh, isn't Villamor Airbase located in the NAIA complex?

Edited by one.one.six, 16 June 2006 - 10:50 PM.

#63 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:35 AM

one.one.six, on Jun 16 2006, 11:49 PM, said:

Right; 50 air miles (48.6 to be exact).

BINGO!   :D

Actually, Villamor AB is the military part of NAIA (the double-L in RPLL is probably taken from Villamor), like Kirtland AFB is the military part of Albuquerque International Sunport (KABQ).

#64 one.one.six

one.one.six

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 02:47 AM

sarge, on Jun 16 2006, 10:35 PM, said:

Right; 50 air miles (48.6 to be exact).

BINGO!   :D

Actually, Villamor AB is the military part of NAIA (the double-L in RPLL is probably taken from Villamor), like Kirtland AFB is the military part of Albuquerque International Sunport (KABQ).
I thought it was always like EGLL...like thier both capitals and stuff..

Is it common to locate an airport 20+ miles out of a city with 10 million people in it?

Edited by one.one.six, 17 June 2006 - 02:48 AM.

#65 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 08:00 AM

one.one.six, on Jun 17 2006, 03:47 AM, said:

Is it common to locate an airport 20+ miles out of a city with 10 million people in it?
Ideally, you want a major airport located AWAY from heavily populated areas.  Airports are noisy and generate THOUSANDS of noise complaints every year from people who (gosh!) didn't realize that buying a home 200 yards off the end of a runway would be in a (gosh!) noisy area.  Whoda thunk it?  :D   Plus, if something goes wrong, crash landing in a deserted area on approach/departure is much preferable to crashing into a neighborhood with schools, malls, churches, playgrounds, etc.

Unfortunately, major cities have a way of expanding to the boundaries of major airports and you get those conditions anyway.

#66 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:38 AM

Ramp lighting installed:

Posted Image

(Guard tower left center, one of four)

#67 one.one.six

one.one.six

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 09:55 AM

sarge, on Jun 17 2006, 06:00 AM, said:

one.one.six, on Jun 17 2006, 03:47 AM, said:

Ideally, you want a major airport located AWAY from heavily populated areas.  Airports are noisy and generate THOUSANDS of noise complaints every year from people who (gosh!) didn't realize that buying a home 200 yards off the end of a runway would be in a (gosh!) noisy area.  Whoda thunk it?  :D   Plus, if something goes wrong, crash landing in a deserted area on approach/departure is much preferable to crashing into a neighborhood with schools, malls, churches, playgrounds, etc.

Unfortunately, major cities have a way of expanding to the boundaries of major airports and you get those conditions anyway.
I sure don't get noise down in SFO.. /sarcasm.

But in a serious note, in the Philippines, like Iloilo, Davao, etc. people live close to the runway.

Captain's Pic of that..
http://www.fs2004.co...065&mode=normal

#68 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 17 June 2006 - 12:15 PM

one.one.six, on Jun 17 2006, 10:55 AM, said:

But in a serious note, in the Philippines, like Iloilo, Davao, etc. people live close to the runway.
Oh, I know all about that ..... I've flown all over the Philippines (Manila, Cubi Pt, Baguio, even off-island down to Cebu, Panay, and all points in between, even a couple of those airstrips that run up (or down) the sides of a mountain.

PI doesn't have a noise abatement section in it's Environmental Protection laws.  As far as the PI is concerned, if you want to risk living in the flight path of an airport, go for it .....

#69 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:45 AM

The first KC-135R of the 42nd Air Refueling Squadron (tail number 56-3592) lands at Loring AFB, Maine (KLIZ):
Posted Image

Edited by sarge, 20 June 2006 - 08:04 AM.

#70 Ice Man

Ice Man

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 04:41 PM

Where did you get that KC-135? And when will LIZ be released?

#71 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 07:38 PM

Ice Man, on Jun 20 2006, 05:41 PM, said:

Where did you get that KC-135? And when will LIZ be released?
KC-135R by Rok Dolenec, paint by Dave O'Brien, KLIZ markings Check Six! Designs

KLIZ goes into Beta test 28 June; if everything goes right, release by 4 July.  (KLIZ paint for Rok's tanker will be included in the package, along with tails for both the payware ALPHASim B-52H AI model and Kitaro Akikawa's freeware B-52.)

#72 usaf_atc_mike

usaf_atc_mike

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 08:37 PM

Looking Great!

#73 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 02:21 AM

usaf_atc_mike, on Jun 20 2006, 09:37 PM, said:

Looking Great!
Just put the last two parking spots in (two rotary spots that will take a UH-60 each) and connected them to the taxiways/runways.  Toying with the idea of a grass strip on the infield for them instead of the 12,100' x 300' concrete runways.

Now have four paints for the KC-135R with real-world Loring tail numbers; looking for info for two more tails (have 56-3592, 57-1454, 58-0009, 59-1483).  Working on the skins for the B-52's tomorrow.  As soon as the paints are complete, it's Beta test time.

#74 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 21 June 2006 - 09:46 AM

As a break from painting tails, I started on the flightplans and traffic-KLIZ.bgl files.  So far, just the KC-135R's, but the 42nd Air Refueling Squadron is starting to arrive en masse:

Posted Image

(There are six tankers at KLIZ now; three in hangars -- one is off-screen upper right -- and three on the ramp.)  Will finalize the tanker flightplans today sometime, then start on the BUFFs.  Can't compile after the BUFF flightplans are done until I've finished the tails for the BUFFs and added them into the FS9/Aircraft folder.  The Otis F-15's will follow the BUFFs, then T-39's and T-1's.

#75 usaf_atc_mike

usaf_atc_mike

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:56 PM

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks awesome...Can't wait to download that. Good job! Keep up this AWESOME work.

#76 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 07:09 PM

usaf_atc_mike, on Jun 22 2006, 05:56 PM, said:

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks awesome...Can't wait to download that. Good job! Keep up this AWESOME work.
:D Mike; thanks.

Six tails for the tankers done, plus the flightplans for them.  Starting on the tails for the ALPHASim B-52G now, and that's going to be a bigger project because there are three BUFF sqdn's vs just the one ARS.  Should have them finished by the end of the weekend, though.  The Otis F-15's are already done by Dave O'Brien, just have to do the flightplans for them, then bring Otis ANGB up to speed (since that's going to be included in the package).  Then Mike Stone's T-39 and Henry Tomkiewicz's T-1.

Here's the AI everyone will need to load up the traffic-KLIZ.bgl file (not required, but these are the ones I use and have repaints):

KC-135R, Rok Dolenec (included in the KLIZ package)

F-15C, Kimitaka Nishida, f15c_coral.zip, AVSIM, Dave O'Brien's nemai1.zip (same place) for Otis paints & AI .air file

T-39, Mike Stone, ssabreliner.zip, only available in a repaint pkg on AVSIM (email to Mike for permission to repaint and include whole aircraft in KLIZ pkg)

T-1, Henry Tomkiewicz, paintkit_beechjet_400a.zip (includes model), AVSIM

B-52G (AI version), ALPHASim payware

AF-1, ProjectAI, pai_install_military_presidential_airlift_group.zip, PAI, second one in the list

I will include the repaints for the KC's, BUFFS, and T-39's in the KLIZ package, along with aircraft.cfg for each of the three and the traffic-KLIZ.bgl file.

Edited by sarge, 25 June 2006 - 09:30 PM.

#77 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 03:37 PM

Master copy of one side of a Loring B-52G tail:
Posted Image
That's not one of the Loring tail numbers; it'll get changed over and over as soon as I have a list of 12 tail numbers that were assigned to Loring.   :lol:  :D

One of the Loring KC-135R tails:
Posted Image

THE MOOSE IS LOOSE!

Edited by sarge, 23 June 2006 - 03:42 PM.

#78 one.one.six

one.one.six

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 24 June 2006 - 10:48 PM

Sorry i couldnt taken pics of CSEZ, i did get some pics of Mt. Ayala(sp) though.

#79 IBtheSarge

IBtheSarge

First Class Member

• 10,718 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 12:21 PM

Just received Rok Dolenec's reaffirmation of permission to include his KC-135R model (with my modifications) in the KLIZ v3.0 package.  Awaiting one other for the T-39.

#80 N3123V

N3123V

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 25 June 2006 - 07:37 PM

Wow! This project is coming along very very nicely sarge, Great work! Kind of suprising that anyone would want to produce scenery up in my neck of the woods, but I'm very happy that you are! Can't wait for it, thanks!