as737700

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 01:20 PM

A sign I saw at LGB yesterday:

Posted Image

Edited by as737700, 14 August 2006 - 01:21 PM.

#83 ADSimpson

ADSimpson

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,926 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:12 PM

gjpollitt, on Aug 14 2006, 07:30 AM, said:

From what I hear you can take water etc onboard the plane as long as it has been purchased from the shops in departures. I hope that as you can no longer take your own refreshments onboard ie water that they reduce the price in the airport shops.

Nothing worse than having to bin your 59p bottle of water only to purchase one from the airport shop for £4.

If the shops don't reduce their price then they are profiteering from the crisis and should be forced to change !
Nope.

You can't have anything like that onboard the aircraft.

What I don't understand is with that rule, you're saying that someone who works at the Burger King is conspiring to help out a terrorist by smuggling something past security and giving it to him on the plane. :D

#84 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:34 PM

What I don't understand is with that rule, you're saying that someone who works at the Burger King is conspiring to help out a terrorist by smuggling something past security and giving it to him on the plane.

For all you know, they may. Terrorists probably have normal jobs while they're preparing for an attack, after all.

#85 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 05:16 PM

ADSimpson, on Aug 14 2006, 04:12 PM, said:

What I don't understand is with that rule, you're saying that someone who works at the Burger King is conspiring to help out a terrorist by smuggling something past security and giving it to him on the plane. :D
It is widely known that airport employees have the most lax security of all. (even worse than for passengers, and for the TSA that's saying something)

#86 as737700

as737700

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:07 PM

gjpollitt, on Aug 14 2006, 03:30 AM, said:

From what I hear you can take water etc onboard the plane as long as it has been purchased from the shops in departures.
Read the last line of the announcement I posted.

What I don't understand is with that rule, you're saying that someone who works at the Burger King is conspiring to help out a terrorist by smuggling something past security and giving it to him on the plane.

I believe that at least one of the people who were arrested for the plotting the attacks worked at Heathrow.

#87 yuhuda

yuhuda

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,389 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:16 PM

I cant wait for Christ to come back and all this crap to end. this is foolish crap. and the thing is that they are targeting a certain type of people but steriotype and thing all people in that region act like that. its really petty crap.

#88 Prancer

Prancer

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,454 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:26 PM

yuhuda, on Aug 14 2006, 10:16 PM, said:

I cant wait for Christ to come back and all this crap to end. this is foolish crap. and the thing is that they are targeting a certain type of people but steriotype and thing all people in that region act like that. its really petty crap.
Aye.

Altough I do wish to see Osama's face everytime one of his plots like this gets foiled...to just see him grab his turban and cry out in defeat

#89 Toshiba-the-3rd

Toshiba-the-3rd

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 04:42 AM

im on holiday in croatia , and ive just watched the (english) news in split airport they seem to be relaxing security at airports!