#21 Tim.

Tim.

Aviation Hotshot Dec-Feb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 08:52 AM

Gutter journalism.

I'm sure many other airlines are like this.

#22 Vikjet

Vikjet

formerly FraZZe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:30 AM

I hate Ryanair more than anything in the world!

#23 Visionary

Visionary

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,731 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 10:39 AM

Well I would never fly Ryannair, a flight is meant to be enjoyable!

But somehow I don't think the majority of people who fly with Ryannair care about the quality of service more than the price

#24 George Bush

George Bush

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,723 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 11:17 AM

Didn't one of their planes land in a field or something?

#25 Toshiba-the-3rd

Toshiba-the-3rd

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 11:18 AM

i hate this when people smash an airline that they have never flown before i've flow on the about 3 times my dad was flying with them when they had rom-bac 1-11's ............ no problem at all ........... ba is far far far far far worse that ryanair

#26 Manny

Manny

formerly eee722

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 11:58 AM

i hate ryanair now, it sucks, i mean, they cant offer no one who sits on the groud for 3 hours a drink?

#27 Tepp

Tepp

Screenshot Hotshot Jun '07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 11:59 AM

crashlandingkid, on Dec 18 2006, 10:18 AM, said:

i hate this when people smash an airline that they have never flown before i've flow on the about 3 times my dad was flying with them when they had rom-bac 1-11's ............ no problem at all ........... ba is far far far far far worse that ryanair
Did you not watch the video? :lol:

#28 767-300ER

767-300ER

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:14 PM

If i'm right the BBC broadcasted the documentary a year or so ago. It opned my eyes very much when it came to Ryanair.

#29 Toshiba-the-3rd

Toshiba-the-3rd

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,299 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:16 PM

TheKid, on Dec 18 2006, 04:59 PM, said:

crashlandingkid, on Dec 18 2006, 10:18 AM, said:

Did you not watch the video? :lol:
yeah it was on channel 4 a year ago , but just because a it happens on that does'nt mean it happens all the time......... it was just 1 offs...

#30 Tim.

Tim.

Aviation Hotshot Dec-Feb

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,542 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 12:23 PM

767-300ER, on Dec 18 2006, 05:14 PM, said:

If i'm right the BBC broadcasted the documentary a year or so ago. It opned my eyes very much when it came to Ryanair.
It was channel 4. And they only showed the bad points.

#31 OrionDartanyu

OrionDartanyu

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 01:14 PM

Tim., on Dec 18 2006, 12:23 PM, said:

767-300ER, on Dec 18 2006, 05:14 PM, said:

It was channel 4. And they only showed the bad points.
Yeah.... it's not like they were terribly bad points.

I mean, I'm sure it's sanitary to not clean up sick.
I'm sure it's completely safe to allow people to fly months on end with only a temp ID.
And we all know it's incredibly safe to not check passports.

Sure they only showed the bad points, but it's not like the bad points were all THAT bad!

These are bad points that not a single airline should have. I'd only buy your argument if the video showed things such as bad customer service, or the landing wasn't soft enough. Or other things like that that don't violate safety.... when it gets as bad as that, "they only showed the bad points" is not a valid argument.

#32 Capt. Bulb

Capt. Bulb

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 01:19 PM

Look at you guys, "Oh, i'll never fly Ryanair" or "Ryanair should be shut down".

You get what you pay for and the airline is trying to make a profit and these are the only ways it can.

If everybody hated Ryanair so much, why was the passenger numbers for 2005 at 35 million? Sure some of those passengers may not have enjoyed the flight but many wouldnt be bothered and would just be happy that they had a little extra money in their pockets.

Then there are parts shown about safety, I think Ryanair has a pretty good safety record if you ask me, just one major incident with an engine fire, the plane was evacuated within 90 seconds.

So just think again please before slagging an airline off.

Chris.

#33 pieterjan456

pieterjan456

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:03 PM

Capt. Bulb, on Dec 18 2006, 01:19 PM, said:

Look at you guys, "Oh, i'll never fly Ryanair" or "Ryanair should be shut down".

You get what you pay for and the airline is trying to make a profit and these are the only ways it can.

If everybody hated Ryanair so much, why was the passenger numbers for 2005 at 35 million? Sure some of those passengers may not have enjoyed the flight but many wouldnt be bothered and would just be happy that they had a little extra money in their pockets.

Then there are parts shown about safety, I think Ryanair has a pretty good safety record if you ask me, just one major incident with an engine fire, the plane was evacuated within 90 seconds.

So just think again please before slagging an airline off.

Chris.
So am I, I flew Ryanair 2 times, and i do it because it's cheap, not because of the luxe you get lol. I'm just glad when i get there not the fuss around it, don't need the food in the plane, i take my own food and drinks with me. And didn't notice a thing of what they show in the video :lol: , but a can believe it happens, but with almost every airliner you got that i guess

Edited by pieterjan456, 18 December 2006 - 02:04 PM.

#34 Manny

Manny

formerly eee722

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,849 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 02:46 PM

i'm never sitting on seat 1A again

#35 N3123V

N3123V

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,902 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 03:16 PM

eee722, on Dec 18 2006, 02:46 PM, said:

i'm never sitting on seat 1A again
I'm doubt that's true. Even if it was they said it was only on the -200.

#36 767-300ER

767-300ER

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 03:28 PM

Actually, there was one time when i light was flashing intheir eyes which was stating that there was something wrong with the deplyment of the emergency slide. Anything that compremisies safety is serious. IT SHOULDN'T BE HAPPENING IN THE FIRST PLACE.  :lol:

#37 Andrewsarchus

Andrewsarchus

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 03:59 PM

Excuse me, if Ryanair can't even perform security checks fully, or even properly, then they shouldn't be an airline.
And if it's just that show making it up or exaggerating it, then I'm sorry. I take it back.

Edited by Andrewsarchus, 18 December 2006 - 04:00 PM.

#38 king-air

king-air

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,051 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 04:08 PM

wow... that is just wrong!

#39 Element94

Element94

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 05:09 PM

Wow.....

Management should take a book from SWA. Normally, I don't like SWA, but, they run a ###### of a good airline, by any standards, and can still keep costs low...

#40 dolbinau

dolbinau

Download Manager

• Download Manager
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,148 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 05:36 PM

I don't think you can put a price on safety. It is fair enough they haven't had a major accident yet, but even in the fire they were still criticized:

the air crew struggled to open the emergency doors, and some passengers were initially evacuated towards the fire. The UK Air Accident Investigation Board recommended changes to training procedures for air-crew to allow better handling of similar situations in future.

I would hate to be under instruction of their crew in an even more serious emergency :lol: .

---

I personally think, though, that this is one of several airlines in the world that have similar issues.