#41 Flying_Scotsman

Flying_Scotsman

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 06:13 PM

what a complete mess!

Will be on Easyjet again on Saturday, Zurich - Luton...will be watching how they do more closely now!

Edited by Dr...Watson, 18 December 2006 - 06:28 PM.

#42 Capt. Bulb

Capt. Bulb

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:17 PM

Andrewsarchus, on Dec 18 2006, 08:59 PM, said:

Excuse me, if Ryanair can't even perform security checks fully, or even properly, then they shouldn't be an airline.
And if it's just that show making it up or exaggerating it, then I'm sorry. I take it back.
Considering Ryanair has been flying for years, one would think there is nothing wrong with the security checks.

And the seat 1A thing was made up, it even says Boeing confirmed there was nothing wrong with seat 1A, it was probably ment to be a joke to the trainees but quite clearly it wasnt funny.

#43 VHHH90

VHHH90

Aviation Contest Host

• Contest Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 01:37 AM

SuperDuke, on Dec 17 2006, 05:00 PM, said:

When you pay 5€ for a flight, what the heck did you expect?
Exactly my point.

No body can honestly want to be treated like CX or SQ first class passengers that pay thousands of US dollars, for paying nothing on Ryanair.

If you want cheap - you will get cheap. Don't expect alot. HOWEVER, Ryanair still owe the passengers the descency of serving them with refreshments during the event of a long delay - when they are stuck in the plane..

The airline is a money maker, and so long as they do that they won't care about their PAX....

If you are prepared to spend that little on a flight, you must be prepared for what you will get....

Cheers
Neil.

#44 VHHH90

VHHH90

Aviation Contest Host

• Contest Host
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,852 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 01:44 AM

pieterjan456, on Dec 18 2006, 02:03 PM, said:

Capt. Bulb, on Dec 18 2006, 01:19 PM, said:

You get what you pay for and the airline is trying to make a profit and these are the only ways it can.
Your joking right???
That has to be the stupidest thing I have ever heard of.

Comprimising PAX safety and comfort is NOT the only way of making a profit. Rethink your statement.

#45 Evan.

Evan.

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 03:12 AM

samdaflyer, on Dec 18 2006, 10:39 AM, said:

Well I would never fly Ryannair, a flight is meant to be enjoyable!
No, a flight is supposed to get you from A to B.

#46 pieterjan456

pieterjan456

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 04:27 AM

Evan., on Dec 19 2006, 03:12 AM, said:

yup, ryanair is nothing more than an air-bus (that flys with boeings) that brings you from A to B, no luxe, no food or drinks, and that's good enough for me and many other people that fly them

#47 Flying_Scotsman

Flying_Scotsman

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:19 AM

pieterjan456, on Dec 19 2006, 04:27 AM, said:

yup, ryanair is nothing more than an air-bus (that flys with boeings) that brings you from A to B, no luxe, no food or drinks, and that's good enough for me and many other people that fly them
Talk about missing the point!  The debate is about safety, not about the quality of their sandwiches.

If I pay 1p to fly with them then I don't expect anything in the way of frills...I just want to know that the security checks were done.  Safety is being comprimised due to the fast turn around time...did you even watch the whole film?

#48 pieterjan456

pieterjan456

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:24 AM

Dr...Watson, on Dec 19 2006, 05:19 AM, said:

Talk about missing the point!  The debate is about safety, not about the quality of their sandwiches.

If I pay 1p to fly with them then I don't expect anything in the way of frills...I just want to know that the security checks were done.  Safety is being comprimised due to the fast turn around time...did you even watch the whole film?
yes offcourse, but what they show there happens with almost every low cost airline, do you really think that a company that sells tickets for 5 euros can make that an airplane is longer than 25 minutes on the ground? I'm sure this is the same for easyjet and the other low cost airliners. Maybe this should be changed, but than a lot of people will have to pay more for a ticket, and that's what their clients don't want.

Edited by pieterjan456, 19 December 2006 - 05:26 AM.

#49 jondownie

jondownie

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 11:09 AM

If you read the Ryanair wki page, it seems that some of the allegations were overblown at best.  This is especially true given that both the Uk and Irish governments threw them out.  yes, there are problems, yes they pack you in like battery fed chickens but no, they aren't going to kill you.

I fly Easyjet a lot and have never had a bad flight.  I prefer it as their choice of airports is way, way better than Ryanair.  Cheap flights are okay, but safety and comfort come first.

#50 pieterjan456

pieterjan456

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 03:40 PM

jondownie, on Dec 19 2006, 11:09 AM, said:

I fly Easyjet a lot and have never had a bad flight.  I prefer it as their choice of airports is way, way better than Ryanair.  Cheap flights are okay, but safety and comfort come first.
that's true, in my eyes easyjet flys beter airports, not far from big city's, because here when you land in brussels south you're like 50 km from the real brussels, from brussels city

Edited by pieterjan456, 19 December 2006 - 03:40 PM.

#51 Flying_Scotsman

Flying_Scotsman

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 04:30 PM

pieterjan456, on Dec 19 2006, 05:24 AM, said:

yes offcourse, but what they show there happens with almost every low cost airline, do you really think that a company that sells tickets for 5 euros can make that an airplane is longer than 25 minutes on the ground? I'm sure this is the same for easyjet and the other low cost airliners. Maybe this should be changed, but than a lot of people will have to pay more for a ticket, and that's what their clients don't want.
Without exaggeration, I fly around 20 easyjet flights a year for the last 5 years....I have never seen anything like this.  I usually remember who checks passports etc - Easyjet do a quick turnaround too, there planes sem clean etc.

Like I sai, I will be watching carefully when I fly with them on Saturday  :lol:

#52 googlerSA

googlerSA

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:43 PM

Element94, on Dec 18 2006, 01:09 PM, said:

Wow.....

Management should take a book from SWA. Normally, I don't like SWA, but, they run a ###### of a good airline, by any standards, and can still keep costs low...
if you read the wikipedia page on Ryanair you'll find thats exactly what they did :lol:  took a leaf out of the SWA book :lol:

FROM WIKIPEDIA

Ryan encouraged him to visit the USA to study the 'low fares/no frills' model being used by Southwest Airlines. O'Leary quickly learnt that the key to low fares was to implement quick turn-around times for aircraft, "no frills", and no business class, as well as operating a single model of aircraft.

But i agree SWA are a way better airline than what i just saw...sure they only hit the bad points...but look how serious those bad points were...

beating security
putting the safety of 140+ pax in danger
no food or drink on delays

if thats how Ryanair treats customers...whether this was on a particular day or not...the F/O and Captains said it..It's Ryanair...Pay everything..expect nothing :P

#53 Pattyboy10

Pattyboy10

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,879 posts

Posted 19 December 2006 - 09:49 PM

Wauw, didn't know Ryanair was THAT bad and unsafe !!

won't fly with them ever.. never did, never will ... Safety comes in my first place, whether I am the pilot in Command, or a passenger, things CAN go wrong, and in these planes it is for the FA's that have to save your life by doing the good things to get you out of that thing alive !

You cant get ppl through without proper security checks !! If you won't make the ###### 25 minutes, make it 35 and be sure there won't be any bad ppl on the plane !!!!

Why are they still flying,,, Send this video to the right ppl, and they will have some cases against them and will be banned from flying under these conditions won't they ?

#54 Hman043

Hman043

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 01:53 AM

Wow, that was one the most shocking things I've ever seen.  :lol:

#55 pieterjan456

pieterjan456

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 02:22 AM

Dr...Watson, on Dec 19 2006, 04:30 PM, said:

pieterjan456, on Dec 19 2006, 05:24 AM, said:

Without exaggeration, I fly around 20 easyjet flights a year for the last 5 years....I have never seen anything like this.  I usually remember who checks passports etc - Easyjet do a quick turnaround too, there planes sem clean etc.

Like I sai, I will be watching carefully when I fly with them on Saturday  :lol:
I also haven't seen it with ryanair, but I'm sure it happens, but I'm also sure that ryanair is not the only airline like that

#56 Flying_Scotsman

Flying_Scotsman

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,969 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 03:23 AM

unfortunately, you are probably correct  :lol:

Edited by Dr...Watson, 20 December 2006 - 03:24 AM.

#57 Jayhawk

Jayhawk

formerly Jay

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,032 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 05:25 AM

Haha funny, Saw this over a year ago....still shocking :lol:

#58 Capt. Bulb

Capt. Bulb

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,389 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 09:47 AM

Well lets just say this video hasnt exactly destroyed Ryanair has it? Its still a very popular airline.

#59 Tepp

Tepp

Screenshot Hotshot Jun '07

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,720 posts

Posted 20 December 2006 - 10:10 AM

Capt. Bulb, on Dec 20 2006, 08:47 AM, said:

Its still a very popular airline.
Due to the low fares probably.

#60 Capt. Bulb

Capt. Bulb