67 replies to this topic

#61 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 06:20 AM

I was going to recommend him do a bare essentials bootup if that doesn't work.

BTW how do you know how many posts have been done in the tech forums? I can never figure it out.

#62 echoindia756

echoindia756

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:04 AM

ok guys, I've come to the conclusion that the problem is the hard drive and optical drive being on the same ribbon cable so I'm getting an SATA hard drive today and hope for the best! I honously can't understand why XP won't just install like it did on this computer, i mean, i put the computer together properly and I can't see why it would act like that. Wish me luck on getting XP installed, thanks for all your help so far :lol: i may have a few more questions so don't go yet! :lol:

BTW, the cpu temp is mostly around the lower 40's, a lot better that 70 and 75 degrees! Although, i still think the 40's is hot for being in the bios.

EDIT:

Should I Flash the BIOS?

Edited by echoindia756, 28 December 2006 - 07:14 AM.

#63 dolbinau

dolbinau

Download Manager

• Download Manager
  • 16,148 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 07:10 AM

BTW how do you know how many posts have been done in the tech forums? I can never figure it out.

If you mean overall:

Posted Image

If you meant yourself personally, there are two methods. One method is by looking at your profile and if you have posted the most in Technical discussion it will display how many posts, (Like Mul), Because you have posted most in Off-topic you will have to use the second method which is to calculate manually using the search button :lol:

You have 166 posts in tech. discussion.

#64 echoindia756

echoindia756

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 11:24 AM

ok, i got a 250GB sata hard drive, i also took out the battery on the motherboard to reset the cmos. hopefully all this makes it work. So the optical drive will be on it's own ribbon cable and the hard drive will be on a sata cable. Let me know if you have any suggestions :lol:

#65 echoindia756

echoindia756

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:48 PM

guess what?!! i fixed the problem, in fact, i'm on the new pc right now! The problem was the hard drive and optical drive being on the same ribbon cable, imagine something so simple can cause such trouble, anyway, i'd like to thank everyone who helped me especialy SwitchFX and Mul, Cheers guys :lol:

#66 Mul.

Mul.

Contributor\First Class Member\Hardware Guru

• 15,362 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 02:54 PM

No problem at all. Post in this thread if you have anymore queries :lol:

#67 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:34 PM

I'm blessed enough to read this as a afternoon wake me upper. Congratulation Echoindia. But don't thank me mul is the one you should thank. I only assisted him.

Just one thing, what brand HDD did you purchase?

#68 echoindia756

echoindia756

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 28 December 2006 - 03:56 PM

Samsung, it's a pretty good hdd! btw, these core 2 duo's are brilliant!