115 replies to this topic

#41 David_Lee_Roth

David_Lee_Roth

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 12:31 PM

I don't get why frontier employees hate WN.

SWA has never gone back on promises before, I don't see why they would start now.

They are still taking orders on 737's, in talks with Boeing about 783's, and have the friendliest crew members, pilots, of any airline I know. They also pay more than any other US airline.

#42 Gym_Class_Hero

Gym_Class_Hero

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 02:54 PM

View PostBill Clinton, on Aug 11 2009, 12:31 PM, said:

SWA has never gone back on promises before, I don't see why they would start now.

They are still taking orders on 737's, in talks with Boeing about 783's, and have the friendliest crew members, pilots, of any airline I know. They also pay more than any other US airline.
But Frontier is Denver's home town airline. The underdog, the little airline that could. :hrmm: They ARE profitable, and were setting up to leave ch. 11 (they never would have entered if their creditors haden't screwed them over). They took pride in their culture (does Southwest have a fun livery that gets people talking? IFE? NO!!). They too had a TV show a while ago (it was a reality show about a group of Fronter FA trainees). They are setting up to expand. The airline's future was very bright.

How would you feel if your pride and joy, the airline that you worked hard to make great, all of a sudden got taken over by some national carrier? Not too good. :hrmm:

Edited by Da_Frontier_Fan, 11 August 2009 - 02:56 PM.

#43 David_Lee_Roth

David_Lee_Roth

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 03:23 PM

View PostDa_Frontier_Fan, on Aug 11 2009, 02:54 PM, said:

View PostBill Clinton, on Aug 11 2009, 12:31 PM, said:

But Frontier is Denver's home town airline. The underdog, the little airline that could. :hrmm: They ARE profitable, and were setting up to leave ch. 11 (they never would have entered if their creditors haden't screwed them over). They took pride in their culture (does Southwest have a fun livery that gets people talking? IFE? NO!!). They too had a TV show a while ago (it was a reality show about a group of Fronter FA trainees). They are setting up to expand. The airline's future was very bright.

How would you feel if your pride and joy, the airline that you worked hard to make great, all of a sudden got taken over by some national carrier? Not too good. :hrmm:
N922WN, N912WN, N334SW, N713SW, N715SW.

WN started in 1971, it is not a national carrier, those other airlines are crap and tried to get WN when it was starting up.

Also, I've been on frontier before, the FA's were grouchy to everyone, something that has never happened to me or my family on any WN flight.

#44 wyoairbus

wyoairbus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:16 PM

if southwest takes over and destroys frontier im going to boycott southwest.

View PostBill Clinton, on Aug 11 2009, 04:23 PM, said:

Also, I've been on frontier before, the FA's were grouchy to everyone, something that has never happened to me or my family on any WN flight.

you :hrmm: kidding me? frontier has some of the BEST employees in the business. take it from someone who flies them REGULARLY

Edited by wyoairbus, 11 August 2009 - 06:15 PM.

#45 David_Lee_Roth

David_Lee_Roth

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 06:52 PM

View Postwyoairbus, on Aug 11 2009, 06:16 PM, said:

View PostBill Clinton, on Aug 11 2009, 04:23 PM, said:

you :hrmm: kidding me? frontier has some of the BEST employees in the business. take it from someone who flies them REGULARLY

I never said I had been on them one time.  :hrmm:

#46 Gym_Class_Hero

Gym_Class_Hero

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 07:59 PM

Me too. Every time I fly Southwest I'm gonna wear a Frontier T-shirt. I'm serious...

#47 AmericanAirFan

AmericanAirFan

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,914 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:09 PM

View PostDa_Frontier_Fan, on Aug 11 2009, 07:59 PM, said:

Me too. Every time I fly Southwest I'm gonna wear a Frontier T-shirt. I'm serious...

About as pointless as wearing a TWA shirt on an American flight lol

#48 jayster226

jayster226

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 08:35 PM

View PostDa_Frontier_Fan, on Aug 11 2009, 07:59 PM, said:

Lol, you do that, and see if they give a :hrmm:!

#49 Gym_Class_Hero

Gym_Class_Hero

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,500 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:04 PM

FYI, even though I said "I'm serious", I was still joking. :hrmm: :hrmm:

#50 jayster226

jayster226

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:13 PM

View PostDa_Frontier_Fan, on Aug 11 2009, 09:04 PM, said:

FYI, even though I said "I'm serious", I was still joking. :P :hrmm:

I knew you were joking, because I know you wouldn't possibly think they'd care  :hrmm:

#51 David_Lee_Roth

David_Lee_Roth

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 09:58 PM

View Postjayster226, on Aug 11 2009, 09:13 PM, said:

I knew you were joking, because I know you wouldn't possibly think they'd care  :hrmm:

If anything they'd say that they're sad to hear what happened to those laid off. WN employees are nice, too!

#52 jayster226

jayster226

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 11 August 2009 - 10:46 PM

View PostBill Clinton, on Aug 11 2009, 09:58 PM, said:

View Postjayster226, on Aug 11 2009, 09:13 PM, said:

If anything they'd say that they're sad to hear what happened to those laid off. WN employees are nice, too!

Yea, anybody would say that...

#53 03SVTCobra

03SVTCobra

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:10 AM

I flew Frontier and Southwest both rather recently. Those Airbuses are a :hrmm: of a lot more comfortable than those 737s.

#54 Battle_Penguin

Battle_Penguin

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,292 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 02:58 PM

View Post03SVTCobra, on Aug 12 2009, 12:10 PM, said:

I flew Frontier and Southwest both rather recently. Those Airbuses are a :hrmm: of a lot more comfortable than those 737s.
But if southwest gets those airbuses then you will be just as confortable, and what about the livery?

Plain Grey with Green Engines with some random picture of an animal? How fun is that? Its not like your flying to a log cabin in canada and i wouldnt really think seeing a penguin in LA, its not that enjoyable..

Point is "Have you seen the SW livery?" Way more colorful+Enjoyable,

And southwest was so nice that they reserved a whole section of an aircraft for me and my family,..Thats what i call service.. :hrmm:

IMO

#55 David_Lee_Roth

David_Lee_Roth

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,713 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 04:04 PM

View PostAirTotalCEO, on Aug 12 2009, 02:58 PM, said:

View Post03SVTCobra, on Aug 12 2009, 12:10 PM, said:

But if southwest gets those airbuses then you will be just as confortable, and what about the livery?

Plain Grey with Green Engines with some random picture of an animal? How fun is that? Its not like your flying to a log cabin in canada and i wouldnt really think seeing a penguin in LA, its not that enjoyable..

Point is "Have you seen the SW livery?" Way more colorful+Enjoyable,

And southwest was so nice that they reserved a whole section of an aircraft for me and my family,..Thats what i call service.. :hrmm:

IMO

Not to mention that those with disabilities are boarded beforehand, so you don't have to stump over people when you're boarding.

#56 Flying_Pie

Flying_Pie

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:35 PM

View PostDa_Frontier_Fan, on Aug 11 2009, 01:54 PM, said:

Welcome to America, this is a perfect example of capitalizm and the American Dream at work. Deal with it.

#57 fredrick_thy_grt

fredrick_thy_grt

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:14 AM

Tell me, do any of the SW planes talk? Nope.

Has a SW commercial won a Grammy? Nope.

Does SW do anything for the cities they fly into? Nope.

Frontier does, they are an all around better airline in the end. They don't load you on the plane like a heard of cattle fighting for a seat. They actually have something besides peanuts, and they have Direct TV.

BTW, your attitude towards F9 may be the reason F9 doesn't like you, if I was a F9 FA I would be grumpy to you too.

SW is "the spoiled little brat" in the industry IMO.

I have not seen a :hrmm: good thing come from that airline, they start service on a route and rape the :hrmm: out of it. Its pathetic.

So, stick that in your cramped :P box 737 and suck it  :)

@AirTotal: The livery is very fun, no two planes are the same. Its like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get next :hilarious: SW has hundreds of 737 painted in the same ugly blue or ;) colored brown. IDK, you pick, :) brown or a different animal every flight...

Edited by flynryan692, 13 August 2009 - 12:17 AM.

#58 TheBigTurkey

TheBigTurkey

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 12:45 AM

Well guess what,SWA will own Frontier and theres nothing you can do about it,HA!

#59 Alaska_MD-83

Alaska_MD-83

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,971 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:14 AM

Posted Image

That doesn't look Half Bad.

Frankly, I would rather see new Airbuses flying out of KBUR then those noisy old 733s.

#60 TheBigTurkey

TheBigTurkey

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:23 AM

They will be selling the Scarebus's and buying more 737's.