#41 THBatMan8

THBatMan8

Cruising at FL110

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,562 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:36 PM

View PostChris627, on Sep 23 2010, 07:57 PM, said:

And yet you frequent a forum dedicated to an MS game. Complaining is useless, we're not entitled to anything. So anything produced that relates to our common interest is something we should all be grateful for.

This forum isn't dedicated to a MS game as there are multiple simulations in the market other than MSFS, such as IFR on top and X-Plane.

#42 E-Jet

E-Jet

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:38 PM

Gypted, we will be.

Edited by Embraer, 23 September 2010 - 11:39 PM.

#43 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:40 AM

View PostChris627, on Sep 24 2010, 05:27 AM, said:

And yet you frequent a forum dedicated to an MS game. Complaining is useless, we're not entitled to anything. So anything produced that relates to our common interest is something we should all be grateful for.

We paid like $70 something for FSX, MS has their money; I expect the product to do what it should.

If it was like $15 and required extensive tweaking, that's different then

Edited by pyruvate, 24 September 2010 - 12:41 AM.

#44 moey124

moey124

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:39 PM

they said there are building this game from scratch up. But does anybody have a idea when this would release this game?

#45 Chris627

Chris627

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:57 PM

View Postmoey124, on Sep 24 2010, 12:39 PM, said:

they said there are building this game from scratch up. But does anybody have a idea when this would release this game?

No

#46 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 04:34 PM

LIVE service and will bring a new perspective to the long-standing "Flight Simulator" franchise. From new game play elements and enhanced scenery and terrain to new aircraft and integrated content marketplace...

:hrmm:

#47 SwitchFX

SwitchFX

formerly TeleFarsi_Airlines818

• Members
  • 30,764 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:57 PM

View PostTHBatMan8, on Sep 23 2010, 09:36 PM, said:

This forum isn't dedicated to a MS game as there are multiple simulations in the market other than MSFS, such as IFR on top and X-Plane.
Actually, it was. Just up until a little less than 2 years ago. The person you quoted knows quite a lot about this website. :hrmm:

#48 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 12:23 AM

View PostPeter797, on Sep 23 2010, 02:47 PM, said:

I shouldn't have to put time and effort into tweaking. I buy a game because I want to play it. Not :hrmm: around with it to make it playable.
Same here.

Didn't Microsoft say they weren't going to repeat past mistakes again? Well I sure hope that includes the nuisance they made with FSX.

I am happy that there's a new game in development but I hope to God I won't have to go through the never-ending cycle of tweaking it and investing thousands of dinars on a new rig.

If Microsoft want their new franchise to succeed, they must ensure that this game is played properly straight out of the box. No more having to wait 4-6 bloody years in order to finally run it properly. It's exceedingly tedious and annoying.

#49 Ge-off

Ge-off

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:39 PM

View PostMohammad, on Sep 25 2010, 01:23 AM, said:

Same here.

Didn't Microsoft say they weren't going to repeat past mistakes again? Well I sure hope that includes the nuisance they made with FSX.

I am happy that there's a new game in development but I hope to God I won't have to go through the never-ending cycle of tweaking it and investing thousands of dinars on a new rig.

If Microsoft want their new franchise to succeed, they must ensure that this game is played properly straight out of the box. No more having to wait 4-6 bloody years in order to finally run it properly. It's exceedingly tedious and annoying.

You couldn't be more correct. Still working on my system to try to get it to run the way i want it. I wished i could of ran the sim almost 3 years ago when i bought it.

#50 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:28 PM

...integrated content marketplace...
I hope they aren't referring to Microsoft Game Explorer. :hrmm: Shoot me in the face now and get it over with.

#51 Janu

Janu

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,793 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:09 AM

Vsr_Kiizo40&feature=related

#52 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:08 PM

Thats been out a while Janu!

#53 franthree

franthree

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:32 PM

Me thinks 'Flight' will be an arcade game--not necessarily a replacement for the Microsoft Flight Simulator series! WE can only hope for version 11. Notice "Flight" has no year or edition title like the other MS Flightsims? :hrmm:

#54 Independence76

Independence76

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,559 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 05:39 PM

http://news.cnet.com...0013915-56.html

The company is offering few details on Flight, but Unangst said that it is looking to appeal to flying enthusiasts with the realism, accuracy, and fidelity they expect, but also imagines including other types of gameplay that might appeal more to novices.

#55 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:33 PM

View Postfranthree, on Oct 21 2010, 05:32 PM, said:

Me thinks 'Flight' will be an arcade game--not necessarily a replacement for the Microsoft Flight Simulator series! WE can only hope for version 11.

Ummm... What? :hrmm: I hope you're not really expecting a Flight Simulator 2011 from Microsoft, because it isn't coming. Ever. From this point on, the Microsoft Flight Simulator series is dead, for better or for worse. Flight is the future.

Notice "Flight" has no year or edition title like the other MS Flightsims? :hrmm:

I suggest you read the FAQ and other statements by Microsoft on Flight.

Edited by Buziel-411_RED, 21 October 2010 - 06:33 PM.

#56 franthree

franthree

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:38 PM

View PostBuziel-411_RED, on Oct 21 2010, 07:33 PM, said:

Ummm... What? :hrmm: I hope you're not really expecting a Flight Simulator 2011 from Microsoft, because it isn't coming. Ever. From this point on, the Microsoft Flight Simulator series is dead, for better or for worse. Flight is the future.
I suggest you read the FAQ and other statements by Microsoft on Flight.

I hope you are wrong man! :P  If it becomes an arcade game I will just have to keep playing FSX until 2050! :hrmm:

#57 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:53 PM

View Postfranthree, on Oct 21 2010, 06:38 PM, said:

I hope you are wrong man! :P  If it becomes an arcade game I will just have to keep playing FSX until 2050! :hrmm:

I don't think it will end up being an arcade game. It might include more features that will appeal to novices, but I don't think Microsoft is abandoning us, their core audience.

Again, read the FAQ and other statements by Microsoft. I don't think Flight will be as horrible as you're expecting. :hrmm:

#58 Romario_

Romario_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

Has anybody realized that even the test computer for the ad is sort of stuttering?! Well, time for 5Ghz Processors...:hrmm:

#59 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

View PostRomario_, on Oct 21 2010, 07:09 PM, said:

Has anybody realized that even the test computer for the ad is sort of stuttering?! Well, time for 5Ghz Processors...:hrmm:

I noticed that, too. :hrmm:

#60 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:40 PM

View PostBuziel-411_RED, on Oct 21 2010, 05:59 PM, said:

I noticed that, too. :hrmm:

Let's hope it's just the flash website the video is on that is causing the stuttering.  :hrmm:

EDIT: Viewed the video on youtube. Seems smoother.

View Postfranthree, on Oct 21 2010, 03:32 PM, said:

Me thinks 'Flight' will be an arcade game--not necessarily a replacement for the Microsoft Flight Simulator series! WE can only hope for version 11. Notice "Flight" has no year or edition title like the other MS Flightsims? :P

Come on, really? There will be no FS11!!! Flight is a replacement for the FS series. The MSFS series is done. Gone. No more of it.

Read the question and answer on the FAQ page:

Q: What is "Microsoft Flight?"
A: "Microsoft Flight" is a new PC game from Microsoft Game Studios. The new title will be available on the Games for Windows – LIVE service and will bring a new perspective to the long-standing "Flight Simulator" franchise. From new game play elements and enhanced scenery and terrain to new aircraft and integrated content marketplace, it is an entirely new breed of virtual flight. The Games for Windows - LIVE platform sets the stage for all your virtual flight needs while connecting you to a global base of users, content and endless exploration. Microsoft Flight builds off its heritage of deep, immersive simulation and is redesigned to make the experience easier for virtual fliers of all interests and skills.

The graphics should be way better. It should all be improved. Heck, the game engine is being built from scratch, most likely. MS sold the FSX ESP to Lockheed. I doubt MS would use all that code or be able to.

Edited by Hughes-MDflyer4, 21 October 2010 - 08:37 PM.