#21 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:29 PM

View PostKilo, on Dec 10 2010, 07:23 PM, said:

The development of W7 was in all actuality a complete re-work of the approach to the utilization of the new underlying Kernel and UI as opposed to a modification of Vista.
:hrmm:

Kernel + UI ≠ Operating System

#22 Jetset

Jetset

Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:47 PM

Can we keep it on the topic of Flightsim? (please)

#23 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 08:40 PM

View PostKilo, on Dec 10 2010, 04:23 PM, said:

no one is forcing you to buy it

Yes!!! That applies to those of you who just complain and complain and complain.

@ All Negative people:

If you just want to share all the reasons why we should give up, go away. You aren't helping anything. Don't buy the product and don't listen to any more news on it. Some of us actually want to come on here and have a peaceful experience instead of having to dig through a bunch of crap to see anything worth reading. If you negative nancies can't hold in the rants, there is something seriously wrong with you. You don't have to buy MSF. And If you are saying such bad things about a product in early development with a year or more away from the release, I assume all of you can do a way better job than Microsoft. If so, show me. Prove me wrong.

#24 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:01 PM

I'm sorry, but...

Q: Based on the previous webisode, we've heard, “This doesn't look any different from FSX!"

A: As we said in the introduction, we're still early in the development cycle, so the fact that you comment on the similarity to FSX is great!

:hrmm: :hrmm: :P

#25 Mohammad

Mohammad

Supersonic

• Members
  • 22,466 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:08 PM

It means improving the user-interface experience, achieving better performance on today's hardware, providing more focused challenges for people who aren't quite sure what to do next, and introducing more persistent experiences for people who return often. It also means keeping alive the freedom to go where you want, when you want, and to do what you want.
Two points. Good enough.

#26 Kilo

Kilo

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 09:26 PM

View PostThe_Grinch, on Dec 10 2010, 06:29 PM, said:

;)

Kernel + UI ≠ Operating System
<sarcasm>Yes, because in my post ( that you quoted ) I definitely said that it did :( </sarcasm>

You really have issues with reading what people say before trying to undermine them, don't you? And if you want a technical explanation, please, say the word :blink:

View PostRudolph-411, on Dec 10 2010, 08:01 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but...
:hrmm: :hrmm: :P

I found that funny too xD

Edited by Kilo, 10 December 2010 - 09:29 PM.

#27 pyruvate

pyruvate

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,126 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 03:38 AM

View PostKilo, on Dec 11 2010, 05:53 AM, said:

I am pretty sure Microsoft is not lying to you.

Yes, like how amazing FSX was :hrmm:

#28 Fate01_VUSAFS

Fate01_VUSAFS

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 04:13 AM

While I am still skeptical on how MS Flight will be once finished, I don't think their Q/A is going very well. They seemed to have been more smart-alecky every time they come out with a statement about their new development. I'd like to see Flight be a total success, especially since I do plan on getting into it should it be an improvement on FSX. But so far, their PR department sucks with no regret.

#29 niteye

niteye

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 08:08 AM

Let's not be too pessimistic. They appear to be aware of what most of us are thinking, they even subtly admitted that FSX sucked and that Flight looked a lot like FSX. Plus there are new devs.

I think Flight has a great propect of being good and the only reason people are pessimistic is because they rolled out the abomination that is FSX in the past.

#30 Fate01_VUSAFS

Fate01_VUSAFS

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 02:57 PM

^ Yes, however, there is a catch to all of what they are saying. Microsoft is very good at advertising, and they have many departments across the world to help them with development and marketing, so I personally feel that this is all about them toying to get the most feedback and see what the public has to say (genuine opinions, not the "Oh, I love you so much!") without directly asking it.

Either that or they're just desperate to get this new game launched and haven't really made too many changes from FSX, which I doubt is the case.

#31 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 06:27 PM

View PostFate01_VUSAFS, on Dec 11 2010, 04:13 AM, said:

I don't think their Q/A is going very well. They seemed to have been more smart-alecky every time they come out with a statement about their new development.
Microsoft makes an awesome OS (with the exception of Vista, obviously), but when it comes to games, they are a major douche. Case in point: FSX.

Needless to say, there is no way of knowing the level of support Microsoft will push into Flight, but given their recent history, we can only hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

#32 Fate01_VUSAFS

Fate01_VUSAFS

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:06 PM

View PostThe_Grinch, on Dec 11 2010, 06:27 PM, said:

Microsoft makes an awesome OS (with the exception of Vista, obviously), but when it comes to games, they are a major douche. Case in point: FSX.

Needless to say, there is no way of knowing the level of support Microsoft will push into Flight, but given their recent history, we can only hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Actually, FSX has been extremely successful. Even though it has its issues, obviously people want it enough to purchase it, and Microsoft sees these sales as our approval of the job they are doing.

This is the same as going to a restaurant, eating all of the food, and then complaining about how much you hated it and trying to skip out on the bill.

#33 Kilo

Kilo

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:22 PM

View PostThe_Grinch, on Dec 11 2010, 05:27 PM, said:

Switch to Xplane. You and others aren't being forced to buy their product..

#34 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:24 PM

View PostFate01_VUSAFS, on Dec 11 2010, 10:06 PM, said:

This is the same as going to a restaurant, eating all of the food, and then complaining about how much you hated it and trying to skip out on the bill.
But in this restaurant, you pay the bill first, then receive the food, then the table breaks and crashes to the floor. Meanwhile the restaurant staff is collecting more money at the front desk. You ask for help and they ignore you.

That's Microsoft and FSX.

#35 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:27 PM

View PostThe_Grinch, on Dec 11 2010, 07:24 PM, said:

But in this restaurant, you pay the bill first, then receive the food, then the table breaks and crashes to the floor. Meanwhile the restaurant staff is collecting more money at the front desk. You ask for help and they ignore you.

That's Microsoft and FSX.

Then switch to X-Plane like Kilo said and stop :hrmm: on about how horrible you THINK MS is!!!  :hrmm:

#36 Fate01_VUSAFS

Fate01_VUSAFS

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 10:54 PM

I have to agree there, Eddie.

You seem to have a lot of gripes about FS. Then why use it? You think all this complaining with cause them to fix it for next time?

#37 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:26 AM

View PostFate01_VUSAFS, on Dec 11 2010, 07:54 PM, said:

I have to agree there, Eddie.

If you are referring to me, my name is Brandon, not Eddie.  :hrmm:

#38 Fate01_VUSAFS

Fate01_VUSAFS

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,316 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 02:51 AM

View PostHughes-MDflyer4, on Dec 12 2010, 12:26 AM, said:

If you are referring to me, my name is Brandon, not Eddie.  :hrmm:

Pwn (Grinch) = Eddie

I was speaking to him, saying I agree with what everyone else was saying. My bad if it was worded poorly

But thanks for the reference. I'll refer to you as Brandon from now on :hrmm:

Edited by Fate01_VUSAFS, 12 December 2010 - 02:54 AM.

#39 BrandonF

BrandonF

Private Pilot - VFR

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:43 PM

No worries. :hrmm:

#40 Spam

Spam

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:56 PM

I have my own quibbles about FSX and its issues but by no means is it a bad game...as ive said before there are things which are long overdue an overhaul in the sim itself. Lets say the ancient lighting system or the fact that there are only 2 main texture sets for concrete and asphalt textures. Or the fact that theres been no update to the way taxiway marks are drawn, no options for edgeways, Ils markings or runway markings with lets say a black border that we see comonly in lots of airports. To me this is just a snippet of easy upgradable things they could do to the new MS flight that would enhance it greatly...

Edited by spam3d, 12 December 2010 - 12:57 PM.