- - - - -

First Screenshots of Flight

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 27 December 2010 - 10:29 AM

They look really cool. Now I really hope there is an improvement in performance. I just might buy it.

#102 Peter797

Peter797

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,145 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:21 AM

Mehh. Just like everyone already said. It isn't that great graphically. All we need is performance.

Seriously though, why can't they go new-gen and have graphics like Storm of War, which btw I can't wait to be released :hrmm:

http://www.wargamer....m.aspx?m=448278

#103 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:13 PM

Im awaiting that one too Peter! Looks EPIC!!

#104 Romario_

Romario_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 12:46 PM

Guys, we really are forgetting something here. Two biggest devs (apart from REX :hrmm:) for MS Flight Sims, are part of the team for MS Flight. Martin and George (Flytampa) as well as Orbx are not going to let MS Flight become the mega-buggy sim that FSX was. They hated it as devs just as we do as simmers. Therefore I'm not worried about Flight at all, and can't wait for the pending release. Also, WHY ON EARTH would you compare FSX w/ addons to default flight? To be honest it only looks slightly better, therefore showing that flight with addons is going to be incredible.

I say, be prepared for a whole :hrmm: load of addons to be released the same day, or a few days after MS Flight, because of the probable backwards compatibility with MS Flight.

And about the clouds. It's okay, I'm sure Tim and the REX team are way ahead of that :P

#105 Jetset

Jetset

Contributor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:02 PM

View PostRomario_, on Dec 31 2010, 05:46 PM, said:

Guys, we really are forgetting something here. Two biggest devs (apart from REX :hrmm:) for MS Flight Sims, are part of the team for MS Flight.

Where did you get that from?

#106 Romario_

Romario_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 01:26 PM

View PostJetset, on Dec 31 2010, 01:02 PM, said:

Where did you get that from?

http://www.flytampa....t flight#p30019

#107 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 11:34 PM

View PostRomario_, on Dec 31 2010, 12:26 PM, said:

There is indeed hope for Flight. :hrmm:

#108 alainneedle1

alainneedle1

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:46 PM

View PostRomario_, on Dec 31 2010, 12:46 PM, said:

Guys, we really are forgetting something here. Two biggest devs (apart from REX :hrmm:) for MS Flight Sims, are part of the team for MS Flight. Martin and George (Flytampa) as well as Orbx are not going to let MS Flight become the mega-buggy sim that FSX was. They hated it as devs just as we do as simmers. Therefore I'm not worried about Flight at all, and can't wait for the pending release. Also, WHY ON EARTH would you compare FSX w/ addons to default flight? To be honest it only looks slightly better, therefore showing that flight with addons is going to be incredible.

I say, be prepared for a whole :hrmm: load of addons to be released the same day, or a few days after MS Flight, because of the probable backwards compatibility with MS Flight.

And about the clouds. It's okay, I'm sure Tim and the REX team are way ahead of that :P
Hahaha if you think FSX addons will be compatible with Flight I have 10 acres of land for sale 50 miles west of Boca Raton florida....real cheap.

You wanna play with Flight....get online pay a fee and fly, you wanna add some scenery from your favorate dev. get it at the marketstore and they will download it for you.....same engine with some fixed bugs....

All the answer are in their vid. and press released....

A lot of other peoples agree with me ...... http://forum.avsim.n...with-ms-flight/

Stick with FSX if you wanna use the same addons as you have right now....

Edited by alainneedle1, 05 January 2011 - 09:47 PM.

#109 Romario_

Romario_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:21 PM

View Postalainneedle1, on Jan 5 2011, 09:46 PM, said:

Hahaha if you think FSX addons will be compatible with Flight I have 10 acres of land for sale 50 miles west of Boca Raton florida....real cheap.

You wanna play with Flight....get online pay a fee and fly, you wanna add some scenery from your favorate dev. get it at the marketstore and they will download it for you.....same engine with some fixed bugs....

All the answer are in their vid. and press released....

A lot of other peoples agree with me ...... http://forum.avsim.n...with-ms-flight/

Stick with FSX if you wanna use the same addons as you have right now....

Posted Image

Btw, if FSX addons are compatible with Flight, then you better as :hrmm: give me that land.

Edited by Romario_, 05 January 2011 - 10:21 PM.

#110 alainneedle1

alainneedle1

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

I will not need to give you the land, seriously read the press released from MS or the link I posted......I understand the $$$ amount we have invested n FSX addons but that's not changing the facts....they will not be compatible, that would be the dumbest moved made by MS in ages....

Your new addons for Flight will be available online in the marketplace from MS, pay for it and they will download them in to your virtual Flight, no more hackers trying to brake into them and more $$$ for MS and the dev.

#111 Romario_

Romario_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

View Postalainneedle1, on Jan 6 2011, 09:55 AM, said:

Your new addons for Flight will be available online in the marketplace from MS, pay for it and they will download them in to your virtual Flight, no more hackers trying to brake into them and more $$$ for MS and the dev.

I somewhat agree with your paragraph before, but the above is just :hrmm: bs. Microsoft is not going to be pumping out third party addons in the marketplace. Second of all, they will NEVER be able to stop hackers. In fact, the way MS makes their products, if they were to release addons it would become EASIER for hackers to release cracks etc for MS Flight. Also, how are you so sure about "Your new addons for flight will be available....". Then FSDT, PMDG, ifly, Flight1 and ALL the rest would be out of business. Don't count on that, because THEN MS would have made a stupid move.

#112 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:11 PM

Im 99% sure that addons will be available via DLC on GFWL and also via adding content manually (as i do with Railworks 2).

#113 alainneedle1

alainneedle1

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:14 PM

OK I think your missing the point here....follow me......all dev. have been in the loop with MS from the beginning (since Aces was closed trust me on this one)  ....they are all making addons for Flight as we speak.....let say you buy Flight and you don't like the default scenery of Flight.... you shop at the marketplace store where MS is showing all the addons from all major dev.

MS is charging a fee to the dev. to have their addons in the store and the dev. are protected.....still following me here....so let say I want to buy Miami Extreme from Aleosoft....I shop in the store buy it with my CC or my paypal account and I enter my Flight customer number...approved.... and guess what......I have nothing else to do....I go back to Flight set it up to Miami airport and BINGO....the Miami extreme airport is there.....no hacking.....everybody is happy...

That is why your FSX addons will not be compatible with Flight.......amd that is why hackers will not be able to hack the addons......about $100.00 an acres for that land....

Now if you have a better solution as far as how Flight will be....lets hear it....keep in mind the press release and the vid. they released cause that's how I figured it out.....your welcome.

Edited by alainneedle1, 06 January 2011 - 05:22 PM.

#114 wynthorpe

wynthorpe

Airline Transport Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:25 PM

You sure love using full stops there mate lol!

I actually think  having payware only availabel through GFWL is a good thing, works very well indeed with Steam, no it will not stop people cracking addons and probably Flight (look at Steam games, most are available on well known swash buckling sites).

#115 alainneedle1

alainneedle1

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:36 PM

View Postwynthorpe, on Jan 6 2011, 05:25 PM, said:

You sure love using full stops there mate lol!

I actually think  having payware only availabel through GFWL is a good thing, works very well indeed with Steam, no it will not stop people cracking addons and probably Flight (look at Steam games, most are available on well known swash buckling sites).
Maybe I'm not an expert about hacking so I don't know how they do that but I think MS can put something in place the same way like the way they can detect counterfeit OS....from there they just have to close the account of whom is using sounterfiet addons  ....speculation here.

#116 -Dexter

-Dexter

Supersonic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,183 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:53 PM

View Postalainneedle1, on Jan 6 2011, 05:14 PM, said:

OK I think your missing the point here....follow me......all dev. have been in the loop with MS from the beginning (since Aces was closed trust me on this one)  ....they are all making addons for Flight as we speak.....let say you buy Flight and you don't like the default scenery of Flight.... you shop at the marketplace store where MS is showing all the addons from all major dev.

MS is charging a fee to the dev. to have their addons in the store and the dev. are protected.....still following me here....so let say I want to buy Miami Extreme from Aleosoft....I shop in the store buy it with my CC or my paypal account and I enter my Flight customer number...approved.... and guess what......I have nothing else to do....I go back to Flight set it up to Miami airport and BINGO....the Miami extreme airport is there.....no hacking.....everybody is happy...

That is why your FSX addons will not be compatible with Flight.......amd that is why hackers will not be able to hack the addons......about $100.00 an acres for that land....

Now if you have a better solution as far as how Flight will be....lets hear it....keep in mind the press release and the vid. they released cause that's how I figured it out.....your welcome.

Steam does an excellent job of delivering DLCs (and the game itself).

Microsoft Marketplace, on the other hand... well... (that's for another discussion).

I agree, though. A "DLC store" would be an easy buy/install with just the click of the mouse. No copying files, no worrying about compatibility, etc...

#117 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:54 AM

View Postalainneedle1, on Jan 6 2011, 04:14 PM, said:

Either the rumors of the poor education in Florida are true, or you're full of it.  I see so many grammar and spelling mistakes in every single one of your posts.  All third party developers who are having a helping hand in MS Flight have all signed an NDA, and no video nor press release from MS have even hinted at any of what you are claiming; and the mere fact that you're taking people's words over on the Avsim forums as truth is another sign of your gullibility...  MS knows full well that the entire MS franchise would not be what it is today if it wasn't for 3rd party developers--they won't leave them hanging.  Please take your worthless land and go away, and come back when you're giving away land in Naples.

#118 alainneedle1

alainneedle1

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 10:09 AM

Many grammar and spelling mistake are due to the fact that I was not born and raised here (USA) so my primary language is not the English one, I can speak and read only 3 language Le Framcais étant une de c'est langue... I'm so sorry for my poor education..

If you look carefully at the last vid. released you will see a plane with a sinking back wheel in the runway....so what does that tell you....it's telling me that it does not take somebody with a doctorate in computers and IT from Harvard to see that it's the same old engine use for FSX been use again for Flight.......

Now PLEASE point me out to where I said that MS will let 3rd party developers hanging...as I said before all 3rd party developers were in bed with MS since MS closed down Aces, now this time with Flight if you want some better scenery from 3rd party developers because you don't like the default one from Flight you will have to go to MS's marketplace store to buy them and they will download them into YOUR Flight, you will not be able to buy scenery from a 3rd party developers website for Flight to be downloaded to your Flight, and if you think that because they have a NDA with MS some of them don't talk .....why don't you ask Sammy The Bull Gravano what he think about NDA.....LOL

By the way about Avsim forums, look at the date of my post here http://forum.avsim.n...rumors-to-rest/  scroll down ...  Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:46 PM ..and look at the date of somebody else post
http://forum.avsim.n...with-ms-flight/   Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:04 AM

:hrmm:  so who's taking people's words over on the Avsim forums as truth.......  

Look here....   http://gadgetwise.bl...1...pple&st=cse

Go back and read the FAQ again  http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/

I'm always up for a good debate so if you have a better solution to post as far as how MS will operate Flight PLEASE lets hear it but don't make it personal just because the truth hurt to much...

Edited by alainneedle1, 07 January 2011 - 10:19 AM.

#119 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

View Postalainneedle1, on Jan 7 2011, 09:09 AM, said:

I'm always up for a good debate so if you have a better solution to post as far as how MS will operate Flight PLEASE lets hear it but don't make it personal just because the truth hurt to much...

First, you need to get to know me before you making accusations that "the truth hurt to much," (btw, it's "The truth hurts too much," because quite frankly, I haven't touched FS9 or FSX in over 3 months, and when POSKY split up (btw, which I was a designer for) I took a step away from developing..  in a nutshell, I really don't care too much about what MS does, and I am not expecting much from MS Flight.  Second of all, I have no idea what MS Flight and Windows Live is going to be like because I don't make assumptions based on nothing, and as of this moment, there is not enough information available to make a logical guess, and the only people who "think" they know what it's going to be or what it's going to be like are full of it, every game that has come out has always had these so called "experts" who claim to "be friends of their brothers' cousins' girlfriends' fathers' uncles' grandfathers' stepbrothers' former college roommate who knows a designer," yet they are just as clueless as all of us.

If you look carefully at the last vid. released you will see a plane with a sinking back wheel in the runway....so what does that tell you....it's telling me that it does not take somebody with a doctorate in computers and IT from Harvard to see that it's the same old engine use for FSX been use again for Flight.......

No it doesn't, what it means is that the engine being used (can be the old one or a new one) does not recognize a multi-wheel landing gear, or perhaps coding for it hasn't been done.  There's a reason why they call videos of games being designed "sneak peaks" and "beta," it means it's still under development and until the final version is released then what might be in the video might not happen in the final version.  How many movie trailers have you seen where the trailer has a clip that ends up being cut before viewing in a theater?  Again, jumping to conclusions based on insufficient data.

I said before all 3rd party developers were in bed with MS since MS closed down Aces, now this time with Flight if you want some better scenery from 3rd party developers because you don't like the default one from Flight you will have to go to MS's marketplace store to buy them and they will download them into YOUR Flight, you will not be able to buy scenery from a 3rd party developers website for Flight to be downloaded to your Flight, and if you think that because they have a NDA with MS some of them don't talk .....why don't you ask Sammy The Bull Gravano what he think about NDA.....LOL

No they weren't.  I can think of several designers who where not involved with MS.  I can think of several who where given inside exclusives, but it was a MS/ACES choice selection, unpaid, and both freeware and payware designers had been involved, but not ALL as you so claim.  And how in the world do you know for a fact that it's going to be a "pay-as-you-download" addon system?  There isn't one bit of evidence from MS of this claim.  You're basing your facts off of people who claim to have inside access but don't, it's nothing new, but it's obvious to see that you're falling into their trap, pretending to be cool and what not so they get more attention from people like you.  Every major game this past decade has those people, it's nothing new.  Know how I know?  Because MS has very powerful lawyers, and anyone brought in has signed a legal Non-Disclosure Agreement with MS, and if MS finds out that someone has breached that agreement, there will be consequences, from removal of the team to other legal issues.  Violating an NDA is a serious offense, especially when you are dealing with a giant like Microsoft.  And as far as your example..  a Mob Boss?  Seriously?  The mind of a criminal is different from a developer, and if you can't separate the two, then I have nothing else to say to you, I won't argue with a 12 year old, I have better things to do, like my job.

By the way about Avsim forums, look at the date of my post here http://forum.avsim.n...rumors-to-rest/  scroll down ...  Posted 01 January 2011 - 08:46 PM ..and look at the date of somebody else post
http://forum.avsim.n...with-ms-flight/   Posted 03 January 2011 - 03:04 AM

I did look at that thread.  I count several posts saying that not enough is known to make a decent hypothesis on MS Flight.  One person who "had a friend" had been wrong on several occasions on MS releasing new trailers.  Another one said no one knows "diddy" about MS Flight.  Now what I see is you posting on that thread, but you (who I've already deduced hasn't the slightest clue on coding, designing, or anything else regarding the making of a video game) seem to already know everything about MS Flight, try to make yourself Sherlock Holmes of MS Flight, didn't get the attention you where wanting, so you came here to try to do the same thing, and you're not getting it.  Even Bill Leaming has told you that your conclusions where premature (FYI, Bill is a gauge programmer at Eaglesoft).  Someone even told you that you need a foil hat.  

What does the future of Apple App Store have to do with any of this?  You're implying that the market in MSF is identical to Apple and their products?  Wow..  major facepalm.  There's a problem with your logic..  one is, the App store is for multiple applications, where as for any flight sim, it's for a game.  Not only would Microsoft leave freeware designers hanging (you didn't say it, but you're implying it) by forcing them to pay a fee to have their packages listed on an App Store-like interface, they will be eliminating the  possibility of minors and those without PayPal or credit cards to download add-ons.  

Go back and read the FAQ again  http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/

Already did, the day it first came out.  Nothing on the FAQ's relate to any design group other than the internal group making MS Flight.  

Instead of my usual facepalm pic that I steal from some other forum, I'll simply close with this.

Posted Image

#120 alainneedle1

alainneedle1

Student Pilot

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 08:45 PM

Lets make a deal, if I'm wrong I'll be back here and say I was BIG time and I did not know what I was talking about BUT if I'm right ....naaaaaa..... I know you won't.

Edited by alainneedle1, 07 January 2011 - 08:46 PM.