#61 7-5-7

7-5-7

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:50 AM

View PostTheProfessor, on Nov 26 2010, 07:08 AM, said:

Just wanted to add to Switch's comment about 181,000 per hour being cheap...

A Hawker 800 costs about 2,000 per hour...
A Gulfstream V costs about 3,500 per hour...
A BBJ costs around 4,000 per hour...

A 747 costing 181,000 per hour will cost over 1 million dollars for a 1 way flight from Boston to Los Angeles...   over 1.6 million for a 1 way flight from Washinton to Europe, and 2.6 million for a 1 way flight from Washington to Beijing.  AF1 is used a lot for private matters..   as well as the 757's the white house has too (remember earlier this year when Michelle Obama took one and a friend for a European vacation at the hands of the tax dollars?

I think the biggest reason that Republican's bash Obama's spending habits is because he has spent more in office in 2 years than Bush Jr. did in 8..   but yes you're right, if a Republican was in office, they wouldn't bash them so much..  but Democrats would.  

Politics is a stupid argument..  it's like religion..   everyone has their opinions, everyone has their own beliefs..  but what gets people irritated at each other  is when you try to force your opinions on other people..   and most people who pay attention to politics these days don't get the whole picture or the whole truth..  they only hear it from one news source, and EVERY news agency in the USA is biased (except for the AP)

Michelle also took out one of the planes (I think the 757) to campaign for Obama. She'd go from Washington to wherever and back in the same day, then do it all over again the next day. I believe this was done with taxpayer money (correct me if I'm wrong though), which is simply ridiculous. Personally, I don't know why everybody likes her so much.

Also, politics is basically child-style arguing. It has become more of a corporate mess with conspiracies, back-room deals, etc. Imposing term limits in Congress would likely fix this problem to an extent.

Edited by 7-5-7, 26 November 2010 - 11:50 AM.

#62 Cactus

Cactus

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,168 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:31 PM

Hi, 7-5-7:

Somehow I doubt that Michelle Obama used a publicly funded 757 for private matters before Obama was even elected as President. There's more than a few loopholes in that belief. A loophole so big you could fly a formation of a hundred 757s together through the middle.

#63 7-5-7

7-5-7

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 12:33 PM

View PostDuke, on Nov 26 2010, 12:31 PM, said:

Hi, 7-5-7:

Somehow I doubt that Michelle Obama used a publicly funded 757 for private matters before Obama was even elected as President. There's more than a few loopholes in that belief. A loophole so big you could fly a formation of a hundred 757s together through the middle.

For the midterm elections in 2010. Not for Barack's election in 2008.

#64 Romario_

Romario_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:00 PM

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 26 2010, 12:33 PM, said:

For the midterm elections in 2010. Not for Barack's election in 2008.

Tbh, WTH do you expect the president to do. Buy an airline ticket and fly on a public carrier? . You seriously need to think about what you're saying Jordan.

#65 7-5-7

7-5-7

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:13 PM

View PostSanta_Claws, on Nov 26 2010, 02:00 PM, said:

Tbh, WTH do you expect the president to do. Buy an airline ticket and fly on a public carrier? . You seriously need to think about what you're saying Jordan.
Uhhh... what? Why don't you try and get a grip on what's going on here then come back and talk, OK? Thanks. :hrmm:

#66 Chief NWA

Chief NWA

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:28 PM

I just spent the last 10 minutes reading through this topic. (10 minutes I'll never get back.)

I've come to the conclusion that 7-5-7 should shut up. Really. It's getting ridiculous. Your acting like a child.

#67 7-5-7

7-5-7

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:34 PM

View PostChief NWA, on Nov 26 2010, 02:28 PM, said:

I just spent the last 10 minutes reading through this topic. (10 minutes I'll never get back.)

I've come to the conclusion that 7-5-7 should shut up. Really. It's getting ridiculous. Your acting like a child.

I don't really care what your conclusions are. :hrmm:
PM me if you're that angry about my actions.
Also, it's you're not your.

#68 Chief NWA

Chief NWA

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:40 PM

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 26 2010, 02:34 PM, said:

I don't really care what your conclusions are. :hrmm:
PM me if you're that angry about my actions.
Also, it's you're not your.
I'm not angry at all!  :hrmm:  It's just sad that you guys, not just you, spend all this time arguing something that isn't even worth arguing over.
And thanks for the grammatical correction.

Edited by Chief NWA, 26 November 2010 - 02:42 PM.

#69 7-5-7

7-5-7

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:50 PM

View PostChief NWA, on Nov 26 2010, 02:40 PM, said:

I'm not angry at all!  :hrmm:  It's just sad that you guys, not just you, spend all this time arguing something that isn't even worth arguing over.
And thanks for the grammatical correction.

Well I'm glad you're not angry! It's not worth getting angry over. Additionally, when you popped in the topic was starting to get back on track. Lastly, you're welcome. We all make mistakes. :hrmm:

#70 Element94

Element94

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:12 PM

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 26 2010, 02:50 PM, said:

We all make mistakes. :hrmm:

Except you. You're perfect  :hrmm:

Edited by Element94, 26 November 2010 - 03:13 PM.

#71 7-5-7

7-5-7

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:15 PM

View PostElement94, on Nov 26 2010, 03:12 PM, said:

Except you. You're perfect  :hrmm:

Nope! I'm very far from perfect. :hrmm:

#72 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 03:27 PM

View PostSanta_Claws, on Nov 26 2010, 01:00 PM, said:

How about manage the country, fix our domestic issues...  not flying around the country endorsing people Obama wants..  and staying out of elections?  It's OUR choice, not his.  Let the candidates get elected because of who they are, not what political party they are.  Obama should have stayed out of the mid-term elections..   and focused on what he was elected to do...   RUN THE COUNTRY..  not HELP GET FELLOW PARTY MEMBERS ELECTED.  That's political corruption and irresponsibility right thee.

#73 Romario_

Romario_

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

Just wanted to show you guys this. It's also in pwn's sig, but Obama has does a lot more than we can remember or will remember. I mean, he's sorta lifted us a bit higher out of the deep hole that we were in before.

Here

Edited by Santa_Claus, 26 November 2010 - 08:25 PM.

#74 7-5-7

7-5-7

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:27 PM

View PostSanta_Claus, on Nov 26 2010, 08:23 PM, said:

Just wanted to show you guys this. It's also in pwn's sig, but Obama has does a lot more than we can remember or will remember. I mean, he's sorta lifted us a bit higher out of the deep hole that we were in before.

Here

Nah not really. I mean, this link makes him seem all great but we haven't recovered any debt since he has been president, he has only dug us deeper into that hole. Additionally, he has thrown money at all of his problems. Don't get me wrong, I give him a lot of respect being the first black president and all and I also support some of his stuff, however, at the end of the day I don't like him politically. :hrmm:

#75 E-Jet

E-Jet

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 08:31 PM

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 26 2010, 09:27 PM, said:

Nah not really. I mean, this link makes him seem all great but we haven't recovered any debt since he has been president, he has only dug us deeper into that hole. Additionally, he has thrown money at all of his problems. Don't get me wrong, I give him a lot of respect being the first black president and all and I also support some of his stuff, however, at the end of the day I don't like him politically. :hrmm:

How can you really be this annoying ?

#76 Buziel-411_RED

Buziel-411_RED

Screenshot Hotshot Nov '11

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,042 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 10:12 PM

View PostEmbraer, on Nov 26 2010, 07:31 PM, said:

How can you really be this annoying ?

Actually, that post was better than his others.

#77 _NW_

_NW_

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,119 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:14 PM

View PostSanta_Claus, on Nov 26 2010, 07:23 PM, said:

Here

I wouldn't say he's gotten us a bit closer to being out...  rather, reduced the rate it was deteriorating at.

Obama promised change, and while he failed to specify what kind of change or in what directions, he also failed to say when..  and us dumb Americans believe that all our problems that took over 2 decades (this economy started going down hill since Regan left office)  could be reversed in less than 4 years...   Obama isn't a bad president, he's just full of it...   and putting so much effort into making your political party win elections clearly shows that priorities are all wrong..   that was a lot of money wasted, tax payers and campaign dollars..   that could have been more wiser spent.  You would win more votes from people by helping Detroit improve itself, rather than charge 10,000 dollars a head for an exclusive caviar social engagement.  Show people you care, that you're leader, not an greedy Enron CEO.

#78 7-5-7

7-5-7

Private Pilot - IFR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:23 PM

View PostTheProfessor, on Nov 26 2010, 11:14 PM, said:

I wouldn't say he's gotten us a bit closer to being out...  rather, reduced the rate it was deteriorating at.

Obama promised change, and while he failed to specify what kind of change or in what directions, he also failed to say when..  and us dumb Americans believe that all our problems that took over 2 decades (this economy started going down hill since Regan left office)  could be reversed in less than 4 years...   Obama isn't a bad president, he's just full of it...   and putting so much effort into making your political party win elections clearly shows that priorities are all wrong..   that was a lot of money wasted, tax payers and campaign dollars..   that could have been more wiser spent.  You would win more votes from people by helping Detroit improve itself, rather than charge 10,000 dollars a head for an exclusive caviar social engagement.  Show people you care, that you're leader, not an greedy Enron CEO.

I like the way Letterman put it, "We went from, 'yes we can' to, 'we thought we could.'" In all seriousness though, I'm glad Republicans have majority now because Barack will be forced to be a bit more independent - which is nice because we will be able to get a little bit of both parties. Lastly, he shouldn't have even gone out on the campaign trail. I don't like the fact that he uses minorities to gain support.

#79 Element94

Element94

Commercial Pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:38 PM

View Post7-5-7, on Nov 26 2010, 11:23 PM, said:

I don't like the fact that he uses minorities to gain support.

I'd really like some of what you're smoking, please...It sounds much better than the tumbleweed I have.

mi·nor·i·ty
noun
the smaller part or number; a number, part, or amount forming less than half of the whole.
a smaller party or group opposed to a majority, as in voting or other action.
a group differing, esp. in race, religion, or ethnic background, from the majority of a population: legislation aimed at providing equal rights for minorities.
a member of such a group.
the state or period of being under the legal age of full responsibility.

You can't win a popular vote with minorities, poindexter :hrmm:

Edited by Element94, 26 November 2010 - 11:39 PM.

#80 Flying_Pie

Flying_Pie

Orville Reincarnate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,910 posts

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:48 PM

View PostElement94, on Nov 26 2010, 09:38 PM, said:

I'd really like some of what you're smoking, please...It sounds much better than the tumbleweed I have.
You can't win a popular vote with minorities, poindexter :hrmm:
Ignore him dude, you don't have a chance (that's not an insult, it's just not possible to break him).